Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Magic, Anniversary edition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MJBurrage
The quotes below are fom a thread on a different topic:
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Feb 15 2011, 05:27 AM) *
The Psionic tradition has been reprinted in the Anniversary edition Street Magic (the one with the orange cover). Spirits and Drain are exactly like [Digital Grimoire], except that psionics are no longer bound by the bolded restrictions (they can, in fact, prepare vessels and take a mentor spirit).
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Feb 15 2011, 04:58 PM) *
You are kidding, right? About the reprint, i mean.
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Feb 16 2011, 03:55 AM) *
Nope, it actually exists. They inserted some of the other Digital Grimoire stuff like the Egyptian tradition and Heightened Concentration as well.

I have FanPro & CGL printings of Street Magic, and PDF versions of both as well (from DriveThruRPG & BattleShop, since I detest watermarked PDFs) – but none of them have content from the Digital Grimoire.

Does anyone know?
  • When was Street Magic updated as indicated in the quoted posts?
  • How can I quickly tell which printing I'm holding if I am in a Brick & Mortar store?
  • Is this new Anniversary Edition available in PDF from BattleShop?
BishopMcQ
I don't have a book that lists the quoted material. My recommendation is to look on the Table of Contents, at the very end it will list which printing it is. The Second Printing doesn't have it, so possibly the Third Printing. At a glance, the cover will definitely be orange instead of blue.
Doc Byte
Maybe 'Elfenlied' is a German player (at least he's using a German name). DG was included in the German SM reprint from Pegasus Spiele. But that's no 'Anniversary edition'. AFAIK there's no AE of SM as it was canceled by CGL.
Grinder
Digital Grimoire has been integrated into the german translation of Street Magic, but not into any english version/ print run.
merashin
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Feb 16 2011, 12:05 PM) *
Maybe 'Elfenlied' is a German player (at least he's using a German name)

just thought i should point out that Elfen Lied is a very popular anime, so it doesn't necessarily mean he's german as he could just be an anime fan. Although the last part is still a valid point.
hobgoblin
Always "fun" when people respond on threads using the german version of the books without stating so.
Thanee
Though he probably doesn't know that the english and german books are different. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
hobgoblin
point taken.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012