Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: President in 2072?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Adarael
So Andrea Colloton became pres. in 2068, right? And I don't see any evidence to suggest she stepped down prior to 2072, which means she should be up for re-election and all the associated rigmarole there.

Is there anything in canon about who's president in 2072? If not, do we know if there's anything PLANNED for that?
Brazilian_Shinobi
I think she was re-elected. I mean, as far as I know, the timeline is already in 2073 and none bother sayin anything, my bet is either she was re-elected or people forgot (IC and OOC) forgot it was election year and she was kept in office since nobody bothered in kicking her out.
CanRay
Or the UCAS is going the way of Aztlan, and isn't in control of the elections any longer...
James McMurray
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Feb 17 2011, 05:48 PM) *
people forgot (IC and OOC) forgot it was election year and she was kept in office since nobody bothered in kicking her out.

That's kinda how it feels in this country sometimes. wink.gif
Garou
Or maybe they changed the mandate time to 5 years and they didn't tell us.

Expect a "whoops, our bad" shadowtalk next CGL book. smile.gif
CanRay
Another possibility is that the JackPointers don't give a damn about who is in the UCAS Oval Office anyhow. Not like they comment on whose in charge of the various NAN territories or the CAS or such.

I mean, whose the President of Aztlan? Other than "Whoever Aztechnology says is." I mean.
Nath
Sixth World Almanac, page 99
November 8—UCAS: Incumbant Angela Colloton ( R ) is elected president.
November 8—CAS: Ramsay McMalkin of the Technocrat party wins the CAS
presidential election.
Fortinbras
Unseating a sitting President is practically impossible. It usually takes massive political and economic strife both domestically and abroad as well as a first rate political machine and hordes of money from the opponent.
Only Wilson, Roosevelt, Reagan and Clinton were able to pull it off in the last 100 or so years and all under extenuating circumstances.
The default setting for an incumbent election is status quo unless there is either a war going poorly or unemployment past the 10% mark. Even then it's not assured.
The reasons for this are numerous, but mostly it's money. The President can raise a boat load of money.
It's a pretty safe bet that Colloton is still President.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Garou @ Feb 17 2011, 07:32 PM) *
Or maybe they changed the mandate time to 5 years and they didn't tell us.

Expect a "whoops, our bad" shadowtalk next CGL book. smile.gif

So, Sarney moved to UCAS and became a Senator there? nyahnyah.gif

Thanks Nath, I didn't even bother checking in 6WA...
ggodo
I was kinda wondering about that. Maybe they could move the metaplot forward a bit?
Fatum
QUOTE (ggodo @ Feb 18 2011, 05:04 AM) *
I was kinda wondering about that. Maybe they could move the metaplot forward a bit?
Maybe... maybe with the way they're doing things lately, better not?
ggodo
That's probably true. I just like Seattle more than South America.
CanRay
I wouldn't mind South America as long as it's more than just ... A rant I can't continue as I have yet to read the book.
ggodo
I haven't read WAR! either, it just doesn't hold much interest for me. It's not the setting I play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012