Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Runner's Toolkit GM screen--Voice your preference
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JM Hardy
Hey folks:

Sorry to be slow to get this here, but you may (or may not) have seen the post on the shadowrun4.com website about the background of the GM screen. If you haven't seen it, check it out here. Here's your chance to vote your preference!

Jason H.
Makki
the green one biggrin.gif

sry. I voted blue. Red looks too bloody
CanRay
YAY! I get to vote twice!

Blue! Nighttime is the best time!
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Makki @ Feb 19 2011, 11:21 PM) *

Aye!
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Makki @ Feb 19 2011, 06:21 PM) *
the green one biggrin.gif

sry. I voted blue. Red looks too bloody

I can't deny that that green one is awful pretty …

Jason H.
The Monk
think the Emerald City needs to be...green?
Method
Blue.
fexes
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Feb 19 2011, 11:48 PM) *
I can't deny that that green one is awful pretty …

Jason H.

Thanx grinbig.gif
Summerstorm
So here it is 100% blue, and in the official one it is 88% blue. Seems clear to me.

Yeah i am for blue too. calming, but dystopian-desperate. Although i always like matrix-green too.
ggodo
Blue, it fits the mood better. The red just isn't right for a skyline shot.
Tanegar
Blue. You already used the red shot for the cover of Seattle 2072.
CanRay
WHO VOTED RED? SHUN!!!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Feb 19 2011, 07:53 PM) *
WHO VOTED RED? SHUN!!!

That would be me... What can I say, I like the Red, and I do not have the Seattle Book...
CanRay
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 19 2011, 11:02 PM) *
That would be me... What can I say, I like the Red, and I do not have the Seattle Book...

*Points* SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Feb 19 2011, 08:21 PM) *
*Points* SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!

Heheheh.... Yeah, Okay... Maybe I deserve it...
Bastard
Red here, too. The blue one is too pretty, and I like ominous feel the red one gives off, like the city is on fire. Or the smog is real bad so you get a wonderful sunset.

CanRay
QUOTE (Bastard @ Feb 20 2011, 03:04 AM) *
Red here, too. The blue one is too pretty, and I like ominous feel the red one gives off, like the city is on fire. Or the smog is real bad so you get a wonderful sunset.

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!

*Cough-Cough* Someone else is going to have to pick this up, I'm losing my voice.
Sephiroth
*shuns them* wink.gif

The red one just seems too malevolent and evil to me, like if you took the ominousness of the Seattle teocalli and applied it to the whole freaking city. Seattle is not owned by AZ. It should not look like it is owned by AZ.

EDIT: But I still prefer the green one above all.
Critias
I don't have anything against the red one, I just much prefer the nighttime skyline look for a Shadowrun product.
Grinder
Check it out: Green version - Seattle is the "Emerald City" after all, isn't it?
Dread Moores
Red. Because it looks polluted and awful. Which is no less than Seattle deserves. wink.gif
Ryu
Blue. Not Red, and especially not Green. Sorry.
Jhaiisiin
I chose blue. Throughout all of SR's product lines, the blue-tones skyline/cityscape has been a staple of the artwork. I prefer it for it's consistency. Plus, it's just a bit more pleasing than the red.
Game2BHappy
I voted Blue. For me, something about "running the shadows" doesn't equate well with a burning red sky.
Mardrax
The blue one just has a lot more atmosphere to it, for me. Beside arguments in favour of the blue, I like the red, but I think it's too much of an attention grabber I think. Especially if you'd actually want to use it like a GM screen is intended, and have it on the table, with players looking at the back.
Any visual clutter that's not purposefully put there to increase immersion or provide a play aid, I like removed to minimal intrusion. nyahnyah.gif

And no prob on being slow Jason, thanks for bringing it here ^^ Also, great to see the Toolkit progressing still. Any thoughts on a release date yet?
darthmord
Blue is definitely more Shadowrun than any other option.

That said, the green one is **really** nice. I like it more than the blue one.

Still for consistency, blue gets my vote.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (darthmord @ Feb 20 2011, 08:25 AM) *
Blue is definitely more Shadowrun than any other option.

That said, the green one is **really** nice. I like it more than the blue one.

Still for consistency, blue gets my vote.

Yes, the Green is very nice, and If I had to compromise away from the Red Skyline, it would be the Green one.
Fatum
Red, because nothing in Shadowrun can look TOO ominous.
Omenowl
The green would make sense if it was further north. As it stands now it looks like the Aura Borealis, which doesn't seem to fit in with the lower latitudes of Seattle. The red one looks like sunrise or sunset. I just like the blue one myself as it doesn't seem as crowded and it is easier to pick out details. Funny how color changes can alter the way one notices objects.
TheWanderingJewels
QUOTE (Fatum @ Feb 20 2011, 09:49 AM) *
Red, because nothing in Shadowrun can look TOO ominous.

given that most of the corps have the morals of the Umbrella Corporation, I can't argue with that statement
Fatum
QUOTE (TheWanderingJewels @ Feb 20 2011, 08:21 PM) *
given that most of the corps have the morals of the Umbrella Corporation, I can't argue with that statement
All have; some spin better lies.
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Feb 20 2011, 11:07 AM) *
The blue one just has a lot more atmosphere to it, for me. Beside arguments in favour of the blue, I like the red, but I think it's too much of an attention grabber I think. Especially if you'd actually want to use it like a GM screen is intended, and have it on the table, with players looking at the back.
Any visual clutter that's not purposefully put there to increase immersion or provide a play aid, I like removed to minimal intrusion. nyahnyah.gif

And no prob on being slow Jason, thanks for bringing it here ^^ Also, great to see the Toolkit progressing still. Any thoughts on a release date yet?

I'm not allowed to talk about specific dates until we have a street date in hand, but what I can say is this flurry of activity is all about putting the final touches on so we can send it to print.

Jason H.
CanRay
Well Jason, for the sake of the IP, I hope it does a lot better than what I'm hearing about War!

I also have to congratulate CGL for having the testicles/ovaries to put out a boxed set. Not many of those are released any more.
MJBurrage
Whichever color is chosen, I would suggest no logo on the art. The skyline is even better at setting the mood without the logo floating over the roofs of the buildings.
MK Ultra
I seriously would like to buy all three colors if that where possible smile.gif

And it´s really hard to decide which color, if only one is possible. Given that my fancy Seattle 2072 is red, I´d go with the blue one I guess - though I´d seriously like the green one even better!

In any case, I´d have to agree with MJBurrage, the logo is a bit too much in the way. Maybe if you placed it in the lower right corner, just below the Arcology..
Medicineman
I would prefer the Green one, but if the Choice is only between red and Blue,than its the Blue one

with a Dance to Blues
Medicineman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012