Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Working on a New Character Sheet
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheOOB
Well, I'm working on a new version of my SR character sheet, and I figured I'd post up my old version and get some feedback before I get going on the new sheet.

Link to the old sheet:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3adec61...04e75f6e8ebb871

((the .xls and .xlsx version were made in office 2007, and may not appear right in other programs. The .pdf version should work correctally for everyone.

I'm going to keep the same basic design, with the three column layout, and the general tightly packed info function-over-form approach. I am also going to keep with the idea that most characters will need 3-4 pages.

Some of my planned changes:

*Change the base three sheets to an attributes+skills sheet, combat information sheet, and equipment/ware/contacts sheet.
*Have more versions of most sheets so you have more room for what you need, and don't have information you don't(no spaces for magic/astral info for mages, ect).
*Change the colors to have a greater theme, thinking a pale cool color theme of blues and greens
*Possible black and white version for those who like to save ink.
*More pages to give more in depth information for those who need it

Anyways, any feedback/suggestions any of y'all have will be appriciated, will post my progress on the new version. May take a little while to finish as I am started mostly from scratch.
Jhaiisiin
Recommend this be placed in the community projects forum
DrZaius
QUOTE (TheOOB @ Feb 27 2011, 09:19 PM) *
Well, I'm working on a new version of my SR character sheet, and I figured I'd post up my old version and get some feedback before I get going on the new sheet.

Link to the old sheet:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3adec61...04e75f6e8ebb871

((the .xls and .xlsx version were made in office 2007, and may not appear right in other programs. The .pdf version should work correctally for everyone.

I'm going to keep the same basic design, with the three column layout, and the general tightly packed info function-over-form approach. I am also going to keep with the idea that most characters will need 3-4 pages.

Some of my planned changes:

*Change the base three sheets to an attributes+skills sheet, combat information sheet, and equipment/ware/contacts sheet.
*Have more versions of most sheets so you have more room for what you need, and don't have information you don't(no spaces for magic/astral info for mages, ect).
*Change the colors to have a greater theme, thinking a pale cool color theme of blues and greens
*Possible black and white version for those who like to save ink.
*More pages to give more in depth information for those who need it

Anyways, any feedback/suggestions any of y'all have will be appriciated, will post my progress on the new version. May take a little while to finish as I am started mostly from scratch.

I just stole your old one; our group recently started up again, and I thought the standard one out of the book would be fine. Boy was I wrong! No place for gear, are you serious? Anyways, yours looks good; One thing I noticed about the one provided in the book is that it's difficult to find room to write down all your skills in the space provided, especially if you have a specialization; obviously you can use more than one row, but that's something I came across that I noticed about yours.

-DrZ
Patriot Arrow
I really like the sheet overall, but the abbreviations for the attributes should be adjusted to be more easily readable, imo.

BOD
AGI
REA
STR
CHA
INT
LOG
WIL

those would do just fine, I think.
TheOOB
The new sheet actually uses the full attribute name, I devoted a larger section of the sheet to it.
ShadowWalker
I've always liked having the attributes listed in order based on the physical and mental equivalents next to each other.
so,
Body, Willpower
Agility, Logic
Reaction, Intuition
Strength, Charisma
next to each other, or if listed in a single column then listed in the same order.
Just makes it easier than having to look it up in the book if it's needed at some point. For some reason I mix up Logic and Intuition as to which physical stat they go with.
I think it's because another game I have played had similar stats and Intuition was the mental equivalent to Agility.
TheOOB
QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Mar 18 2011, 01:08 AM) *
I've always liked having the attributes listed in order based on the physical and mental equivalents next to each other.
so,
Body, Willpower
Agility, Logic
Reaction, Intuition
Strength, Charisma
next to each other, or if listed in a single column then listed in the same order.
Just makes it easier than having to look it up in the book if it's needed at some point. For some reason I mix up Logic and Intuition as to which physical stat they go with.
I think it's because another game I have played had similar stats and Intuition was the mental equivalent to Agility.

I suppose for astral forms that may be useful, but there is a meaningful difference between physical and mental attributes, and I try to make it the same order to book places them.
ShadowWalker
I know there is a meaningful difference, and I'm not saying they should not be broken out between mental and physical. I'm just saying that they should be listed in such a way as to make it easy to distinguish the equivalents.
I don't think the order given in the book is ideal is all.
ShadowWalker
The xls version would look really good in the character generator found http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=23735
These sheets are better than the ones in the character generator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012