Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gen Con Indy
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
kevyn668
I've found the website and it looks possible for me. Is it worth it? I've never been to one of these and I'd like to know what people think.

Gen Con So Cal got rave reviews from you folks but I didn't hear anything on Indy...
Bull
GC SoCal was new, so had to be discussed to see whether it sucked or not. Plus it was expected to be, and was, kinda small (4000ish people)>

Gen Con, on the other hand (I refuse to call it "Gen Con Indy", cause it's the original), is 35,000+ gamers packed into Indy for a four day gaming, Buying, and Drinking binge.

Is it fun? Hell yeah. Is it worth it? Hell yeah. Definately an experience that every gamer should go to once in their life, at least. The old MECCA center in Milwaukee, where GC used to be, was very aptly named.

Granted, if you're a freelancer, Origins is actually a better con to go to, since it's smaller and quieter, and much, much less crazy. But Gen Con is THE one to go to, since that's the one that everyone goes to.

Bull
locomotiveman
Plus, you can get a train to indy, where as you can't to Columbus, since i hate to fly, its a big thing for me.
tisoz
When is it?

Got a link?
Kanada Ten
August 19-22, 2004
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012