Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An odd omission from tables, or did I miss something?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kerenshara
P. 322 SR4A: "Imaging Scope: These classic scopes are attached to the top mount; attaching or removing them takes only a Simple Action. Imaging scopes can be upgraded with any of the vision enhancements noted on p. 333."

P. 332, SR4A: "Imaging scopes: These vision enhancers and display devices are usually mounted on weapons (See Mounts, p. 311 though they are detachable."

P. 332, SR4A: Table: Vision Sensors and Imaging Devices
omits any mention of the weapon accessory.

So the Availability and Cost are shown on P. 322 SR4A in Table: Firearm Accessories but any space limit is omitted from that table entirely.

Even contact lenses have three spaces, so going with the “default device rating” of 3 doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense. Trideo cameras (modern webcam-sized items if the artwork can be believed) hold up to six as do goggles. Monocles and glasses each hold up to four. Several weapons include integral imaging scopes in their descriptions and there is no mention of them in the Weapons Modifications sections of Arsenal.

So, my gut-feeling is to call them Capacity up to 6 and leave it at that (Especially since P. 332, SR4A: Visual Sensors and Imaging Devices says: “The ratings of vision sensors and imaging devices equals the number of vision enhancements that can be applied to the device”) but I’ll take commentary because I am sure there’s a clarification SOMEWHERE I just bloody missed.

-Kerenshara

Mr Clock
I only have the WizKids/ Fanpro 4th ed, not SR4A, but glancing over the gear section reminded me of the Availability modifiers that kick in when you start tooling up a visual device with options. Imaging scopes have Availability of 3, goggles have -, and that looks about right for the amount of stuff you can cram in for starting gear (capped at 12).

You want a number for Capacity, you say 6? Run with it. Looks reasonable from here.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Mr Clock @ Feb 28 2011, 04:40 PM) *
I only have the WizKids/ Fanpro 4th ed, not SR4A, but glancing over the gear section reminded me of the Availability modifiers that kick in when you start tooling up a visual device with options. Imaging scopes have Availability of 3, goggles have -, and that looks about right for the amount of stuff you can cram in for starting gear (capped at 12).

Right. The Availability and Cost sides are clean cut... thankfully. But the Capacity is the part I'm hung up on. I'm mostly looking for concurence that I'm not shooting wide (which you've done) or if somebody can pull out a cite for me with book and page number, so much the better. I'm closing in on getting a home game off the ground... our old GM passed away suddenly back in October and the world for all of us has been so topsy-turvy since that there's been no way to get running again. As it stands, I'm the best placed in terms of though-out plot and so forth to get things re-started. This is one of the odd loose ends that have been turning up as I start the GMing side myself, especially trying to integrate WAR! as I go. I have to say I'm really REALLY looking forward to Spy Games to see how they plan to handle all the really covert Cruncgy BitsTM for my PIMS.
Method
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Feb 28 2011, 03:48 PM) *
...our old GM passed away suddenly back in October...
Sorry to hear this. And welcome back btw.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Method @ Feb 28 2011, 10:43 PM) *
Sorry to hear this. And welcome back btw.

Thanks for the welcome. It was tragic, and didn't need to happen.

He'd been unemployed and without insurance... as a multi-decade diabetic. He could only afford one of his two insulins and even that was half-dose. They were charging him $340 a month for the meds... made in China and available in other countries for dollars a vial. He died alone in his apartment and was found two days later by his best friend. My opinions on health care went from liberal to off the edge afterwards. That doesn't touch on my own recent foray into "you're kidding, right? That's OTC everywhere else for 12% the price!"

-Kerenshara
Method
Believe me, I am intimately aware of the problems in out health care system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012