Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fully Auto Magic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kronk2
I apologize to Mr. Butcher for borrowing the alt title to his book.

I am contemplating a mage who loves to tinker with cars, esp old ones. He builds and enchants his car from scrap parts. buffs out all the rust and inlays runes all along the main chassis, warding the super structure and long story short turns his old Mustang into a new Ford Focus.(and I really apologize for that)

He is a better mage when he is in his car. One could even enchant different parts of the car as different foci if he wanted to. and use the Keys as a Power Focus. I think it would be kinda cool if he was a possession tradition so that he could have spirits of speed possess his car.

edited for comic timing.
CanRay
Damn, if I was doing something like that, I'd end up with the motorcycle from "Soul Music".
Kronk2
Dude that would rule!

But rules wise I cant see any reason that this could not be done. and some pretty cool reasons to do it.
--
edit for awesome
--
Completing this task may fulfill the requirements for his ally spirit?
CanRay
Completing this task may BE the ally spirit.

"Wait, your Ally Spirit is your 1969 Pontiac GTO?" "Yeah, his name is The Judge."
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ Mar 1 2011, 05:04 PM) *
Completing this task may fulfill the requirements for his ally spirit?

Don't see why not, as long as you pay the money / time.

Inhabitation spirit, you'd want a hybrid merge I think....

*edit* Your idea fits really well with what Street Magic says. Replace "vessel" with "car" smile.gif

"At the gamemaster’s discretion, large or complex vessels—particularly those with intricate mechanical parts or many components—may require the magician to enchant multiple components separately, rather than as a single Enchanting Test. An appropriate Technical Skill Test may also be required to reassemble the vessel."
Makki
be careful, the name might still be patented.

Need a break from your mentor?
You start burning out in your lodge?
- Get out and feel the empowering freedom in your new Ford Focus!

Custom made for your needs. Choose between
infinite colors
17 traditions
4 engines

Are you an adept driver? Have a look at our August Special:
The Ford Focus Infusion F2 in blue with traditional white stripes. Improves your driving even more!
20% OFF
CanRay
I want to make an Adept Wheelman now.
pbangarth
Mechanically strengthened, magically Reinforced, Possessed by a honking big spirit... and with a watcher spirit attached equipped with a megaphone and drums as coxswain:

"Ramming speed! *bum* *bum* *bum**bum**bum-bum**bum-bum**bum-bum**bum-bum**bum-bum*

hyzmarca
Enchant the car entire as a weapon focus. Not only does this give you extra Drive dice when you're using it, it also lets you ram spirits for massive damage.
Stahlseele
Create Great Form Ally Spirit in the Form of an oldtimer car. Get movement for Car-Spirit. Watch the people in their high end sports cars cry like little girls when you leave them in the dust ^^
Kronk2
It would pretty much require that the thing have Lucifer lamps as fog lights.

Heck I would want a watcher spirit to run out front and warn people that I was coming.

Unfortunately my party wouldn't go near it because they are paranoid about people grounding spells through foci.

If you took the time and care with this thing you could enchant EVERYTHING ion the car each freaking bolt and gear, and drive it into the astral plane.
Faraday
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ Mar 1 2011, 10:58 AM) *
It would pretty much require that the thing have Lucifer lamps as fog lights.

Heck I would want a watcher spirit to run out front and warn people that I was coming.

Unfortunately my party wouldn't go near it because they are paranoid about people grounding spells through foci.

If you took the time and care with this thing you could enchant EVERYTHING ion the car each freaking bolt and gear, and drive it into the astral plane.

Have it only go astral when you reach 88 miles per hour. biggrin.gif
Then leave flaming tire marks.
KCKitsune
If you have the Ally Spirit with Levitate and Movement, then you don't need a T-Bird. If the Ally spirit can use spells like Powerbolt or Lightning Ball, then it can shoot down other air craft.

Fighter Pilot: Tower you're not going to believe this. I'm in pursuit of a Firebird.
Tower: Firebirds don't fly that fast
Fighter Pilot: Tower, you don't understand, I'm talking a 1969 Pontiac Firebird.
Tower: Uh, Pilot... are you on drugs?
Fighter Pilot: TOWER, it's shooting at me. Fireballs coming out of the muffler! Taking evasive.

*** Loss of contact with Fighter Pilot ***
Makki
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 1 2011, 10:26 AM) *
I want to make an Adept Wheelman now.

me, too. I can't decide yet between Elemental Strike Engine Oil (use Acid) or Tire Smoke or Exhaust Gas (use Smoke)

sounds like a good use for downtime. but the number of bonded foci is limited. what else can I enchant and bring to the astral?
CanRay
I got it, a 1972 Ford Gran Torino with "Firefox" and Clint Eastwood as the Ally Spirit's alternative forms!
ggodo
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 1 2011, 01:34 PM) *
I got it, a 1972 Ford Gran Torino with "Firefox" and Clint Eastwood as the Ally Spirit's alternative forms!

This IS AWESOME!
CanRay
QUOTE (ggodo @ Mar 1 2011, 09:19 PM) *
This IS AWESOME!

THIS! IS! HOLLYWOOD!!! *Kick*
ggodo
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 1 2011, 05:27 PM) *
THIS! IS! HOLLYWOOD!!! *Kick*

If the player could give me a reasonable rules reason that this was acceptable, I'd allow it. Then again, my Runners have their safe house under the Experience Music Project. They have the Technomancer to thank for that.
CanRay
Movie-based Magical Tradition. Someone posted the info on it in another thread.
Kronk2
In my game we have renamed edge Awesome.
ggodo
QUOTE (Kronk2 @ Mar 1 2011, 06:05 PM) *
In my game we have renamed edge Awesome.

This is something I'm ok with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012