Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Assissting
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sesix
Ok, the players I like to play with like to try and help each other out a lot on things they do, and other then teacher help I can't find any rule that allows players to aid one another in a roll. Is there such a creature? and if so what book and page. Im just not finding it.
CanRay
Teamwork Tests: SR4A Page 65.
Sesix
Wow thanks, man I must be blind.

So if I get this right. if someone has a skill rating of three and scores four hits, the other player can only get a +3 to his dice?
CanRay
"Only" is a lot. Every little bit helps.
Sesix
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 3 2011, 03:34 AM) *
"Only" is a lot. Every little bit helps.

you been talking to my wife?
CanRay
No. Just had a lot of games turn at major turning points due to "Just one extra die", or "One more bonus" that the GM didn't just hand us to keep the story along.
Makki
QUOTE (Sesix @ Mar 3 2011, 02:18 AM) *
Ok, the players I like to play with like to try and help each other out a lot on things they do,

I love that. But I haven't yet experienced the same. after all, you're supposed to be a team. tarting chars might not have a useful second expertise to help the expert in the team. but in a longer campaign, everybody will. And the chars got to know each other IP and trust each other.
M next char will be a jack of all trades offering everybody assistance...hm, maybe the braggart flaw? biggrin.gif
IronDrakon
If someone could provide clarification to the following example please.

Three characters with skill 2 attempt to assist the primary character with skill 3.

Is the total amount of Assist dice available if the hits are scored on the primary character

A = 3 characters with 2 hits each = + 6 dice to primary character ( capped at assisting character skill)

Or

B = 3 characters with 2 hits each = +3 dice to primary character ( capped at Primary skill)

The group I play in has been using method B....

Thanks,

IronDrakon
Makki
my interpretation is B
Mr Clock
QUOTE (Makki @ Mar 3 2011, 02:35 PM) *
my interpretation is B

Agreed.
Fortinbras
B
Fatum
QUOTE (SR4AE Core p.65)
The maximum dice bonus the primary character can receive from teamwork is equal to that character’s skill.

It's right where CanRay said it is.
IronDrakon
Thanks,

Thats the way I thought it was, Some posts on these forums seemed to indicate way A might have it.

Thanks for the feedback

IronDrakon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012