Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AK 127?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TygerTyger
I can't find it anywhere, though it shows up in the builder and one of my PCs took it. Not in the Arsenal combined tables. Help please!
CanRay
War! Has the AK-147. It's a Nanofax-built version of the AK-97 with a better shoulder brace.

Reading it from the fluff, (aside from the name, which I can come up with a reason for it being changed), I can see why they went that route.
Fatum
AK-127 is in Arsenal 2070, German edition of Arsenal.
The book has a bunch of other cool stuff, too - hate Pegasus, not the players :3
Let me find my copy.
Fatum
Aha, here it is.
Blah-blah-blah heavy, almost like a LMG, has two drums of 50 to 100 bullets, simple action to switch from one drum to the other, free if smartlinked; 6P AP -1 SA/BF/FA 12F 3250 nuyen.gif
TygerTyger
Ahhhh, thanks. We don't have either of those books - player likely chose it using the builder only.

Much obliged.
CanRay
Sounds like an RPK-97, effectively.

Wait, re-read that, no, no it doesn't. Still, I want to put an RPK-97 in a game now.
Fatum
Uh, RPK is in Arsenal already. It's an HMG, and the model number is not present.
CanRay
Yeah, I remember that now. I shouldn't be posting in my condition. The RL RPK isn't an HMG, however. More like a GPMG, but advancements and the usage of the same names and all happens all the time.

Perhaps I'll do a write-up of an RPK-97, which is just an unscaled AK-97 for a LMG purpose.
Yerameyahu
Sounds like it (AK-127) *is* an LMG, except someone put it in the wrong category. smile.gif
CanRay
Nope, RPK-HMG. Looks like they put a belt-feed and a high caliber (Probably the caseless version of their old 12.7x109 mm round) on a Kalashnikov-based design.

Really, can't fault them keeping with a design that just plain works!
Fatum
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 4 2011, 03:23 AM) *
Sounds like it (AK-127) *is* an LMG, except someone put it in the wrong category. smile.gif

Yeah, pretty much. Still, being an assault rifle, it uses a more popular skill.
KarmaInferno
Hm. It also means you can make it hypervelocity!

-k
Fatum
It also means it has closer range than the machine guns.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Fatum @ Mar 3 2011, 07:48 PM) *
AK-127 is in Arsenal 2070, German edition of Arsenal.
The book has a bunch of other cool stuff, too - hate Pegasus, not the players :3
Let me find my copy.

Ähem * hate CGL not Pegasus wink.gif
Pegasus got the Ok from CGL .Don't ask me why CGL never made a PDF with the new Weapons.
the AK 127 looks a bit like a giant Penis though with its two Drum-Mags

He who dances with a giant Penis
Medicineman
Fatum
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 4 2011, 12:26 PM) *
Ähem * hate CGL not Pegasus wink.gif
Pegasus got the Ok from CGL .Don't ask me why CGL never made a PDF with the new Weapons.

Because...uh, CGL?
Besides, it's not just weapons, clothing and vehicles, too.

Also, everything ever, from pens to spaceships, looks like penises (penii?), if that's what you want to see.
CanRay
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Mar 4 2011, 05:26 AM) *

He who dances with a giant Penis
Medicineman

Beta C-Mag. (Their website seems to be down or I'd link that.).
Fatum
I still like the Bizon's cylinder magazine more.
CanRay
QUOTE (Fatum @ Mar 4 2011, 11:50 AM) *
I still like the Bizon's cylinder magazine more.

Yes, but that doesn't look like a giant pair of testicles for your penis extension that a rifle is inferred to be. nyahnyah.gif
hermit
AK 127?, Where is this gun?

In release limbo until Jason Hardy sorts out complicated issues.
Fatum
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 4 2011, 11:08 PM) *
In release limbo until Jason Hardy sorts out complicated issues.

Uh, what. He said everything was complicated with the cars pdf, and never said anything on any plans to print the stuff from the German books.
Or am I missing something?
hermit
The cars ARE stuff from the German Arsenal. I just assumed this would apply to the guns, too.
Fatum
Uh, hermit. There's how many, like, maybe five or six new vehicles in A2070 not in A. You can't make a book of those.
Besides, are you sure we're talking those same cars? How are you so sure about that?
hermit
Stuff I was told by German writers (and to be precise it's 2 bikes, 5 cars, 2 APCs, and 1 drone, which IS enough stuff for a supplement, especially if you throw the two guns).
Fatum
You forgot the Fattorina delivery truck, and I only see one APC (Wolf II) and two commando vans (Commando and Greif). And it's two drones (Shrew and Cyclone).
Anyway, the pdf supplements so far have much more stuff.
hermit
Yeah, you're right. Maybe that's the complications. Or maybe the pdf guy wants to be paid with actual money.
Fatum
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 5 2011, 01:33 AM) *
Yeah, you're right. Maybe that's the complications. Or maybe the pdf guy wants to be paid with actual money.
He's not earning his pay, if you believe the chatter in This Old Drone thread.
hermit
CGL paid War's authors better money for worse work, though TOD is far from perfect. Also, he got better in MilSpec.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012