Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Homebrew GM screens
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheFr0g
I downloaded the free PDF of the GM screen, and I dig it, but I want to make it an actual screen. Anybody have any bright ideas on the best way to do this?

I'd also like to see pics of homemade screens if any of you have em.
Critias
Hammerdog Games makes a quick-change/build your own/whatever GM screen:

http://www.hammerdog.com/twgs/index.html
BishopMcQ
Supplies:
Game Board
Contact Paper
Glue (Spray adhesive/Artists Mount is best, but a glue stick will work)
Exacto Knife or Razor
Print Outs of GM Screen
Pictures or artwork for Player side

Go to the local Goodwill, thrift shop, etc, and buy a game with a board (Monopoly etc). Then hit up a Dollar store, Target, Walmart etc for some contact paper. You want the clear kind, this is often used for wrapping text books. (Shelf paper is patterned in general, so steer clear of that.)

Cut the game board to match the printouts of your GM Screen, with about an extra 1/8" of board showing. Glue the print outs down to the board, centered on each one so the extra margin is sticking out. Lay the boards flat with about 1/8" gap between each of them and apply the contact paper, cutting the contact paper to the top and bottom of the board, but leaving it to extend across the gaps between the boards. Press firmly from the center moving out to remove air bubbles.

Flip the board over, and glue down your artwork. This time when applying the contact paper, leave an extra 1/4" of contact paper to wrap around the edge of the board and seal the GM screen shut. The gap between boards should allow you to fold it easily.
Game2BHappy
QUOTE (Critias @ Mar 4 2011, 05:57 PM) *
Hammerdog Games makes a quick-change/build your own/whatever GM screen:

http://www.hammerdog.com/twgs/index.html

I'm glad you mentioned that. I've seen the big one in use at GenCon, but not the smaller one. Has anyone used the smaller one? Anyone used either and can provide feedback?
TheFr0g
I went to the hobby store and bought a tri-fold cardboard display that kids use for science fairs, taped the edges and joints with black gorilla tape for added strength, and glued the printouts to it. Not terribly sexy but effecient. Wish I'd thought of the contact paper and game boards.
Sixgun_Sage
QUOTE (TheFr0g @ Mar 5 2011, 12:18 AM) *
I went to the hobby store and bought a tri-fold cardboard display that kids use for science fairs, taped the edges and joints with black gorilla tape for added strength, and glued the printouts to it. Not terribly sexy but effecient. Wish I'd thought of the contact paper and game boards.

Hooray for gorilla tape!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012