Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle Gangs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
evilgoattea
I am looking for expanded information on Seattle Gangs. Is there any additional information out there about them? I have the Seattle 2072 source book and runner havens. Looking for more details.

Thanks.
Critias
Vice has a decent bit, 10 Gangs tackles a few Seattle gangs, but I think you'll also be interested in older sourcebooks (almost any prior Seattle book, for instance). Shadowrun Companion from 3rd (Fanpro 10656) also has some pretty in-depth gang info in it (even though some of it's a smidge out of date now).

ETA: Do you have a particular question or a specific gang you're interested in? Or more of just a general query?
evilgoattea
Just a general query, looking for an expansion of what is in those source books. Thanks for the ideas, I may look at some 3rd edition stuff for ideas.
Epicedion
Make them up. It's funnier that way.
Critias
QUOTE (Epicedion @ Mar 14 2011, 07:52 PM) *
Make them up. It's funnier that way.

Funnier or not (which comes down to GM taste and GM creativity), the truth is there is absolutely nothing wrong with cooking up your own gangs. Published sourcebooks tend to focus on the "big names," just like they do with megacorps and popular shadowrunners. There's a dozen fly-by-night street gangs that pop up, succeed, then wither and die, probably on a week by week basis (just like there's a hojillion not-AAA corporations out there, and plenty of shadowrunners who don't post to Jackpoint or anywhere else); if you've got a particular idea for a campaign or story element in mind, throw together any sort of halfway-stylized group of jackasses you wanna. That's half the fun. wink.gif
CanRay
Yeah, the big gangs are known about, but there's lots of places you walk three blocks straight, but go through five gang territories...
Epicedion
I might have an NPC who has contacts in the Troll biker gang LOLITROLLU...
CanRay
Hey, I got a PC (From a player who works during game sessions, unfortunately. frown.gif ), who has his MMORPG Clan as one of his contacts.

They play Shadowrun, BTW.
Troyminator
I made up a gang on the fly for my 1st Shadowrun game. I called them "The Golden Coin". It was a gang of about 8 members and they were trying to make a name for themsleves in Auburn. They did a bit of drug dealing, extortion, and prostitution. The showdown came and the party "Face" got an incredible roll on his intimidate The gang leader got 1 hit to the "Face"'s 7. The gang packed up and moved on to greener pastures.
CanRay
I've given a few gangs in my novelettes. See my sig for details.
Vegetaman
A fun thing to do, I find, is figure that a major gang has several smaller sub-gang affiliates or people they rumble with occasionally. So if I send you on a run to fight with X gang, then you might walk in on the middle of a rumble between them and Y. Or, better yet, gang Z may show up and assist them as back-up. You can even make up the whole hierarchy, but this has been intro-level run gold for me. Introduction to Shadowrun? People crawling out of the woodwork everywhere -- and that's before Lone Star shows up!
Pepsi Jedi
Have you looked into "Vice"?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012