Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone remember an old Shadowrun pic of a VTOL shooting a dragon?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shaikujin
I've been trying to find the pic, but not having any luck. Wondering if anyone knows which book it's in.

It's the very first pic I saw of Shadowrun. Before the official release date of SR1, FASA included promotional flyers that they packed together with BattleTech sourcebooks. There's a pic of a VTOL in the foreground attacking a dragon, touting a their soon-to-be released game where technology meets magic.

I think it was used in one of the later books, but can't find which. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Stahlseele
Well, there's the Cover of Dragons of the Sixth world for example.
That it?
Shaikujin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 24 2011, 05:15 PM) *
Well, there's the Cover of Dragons of the Sixth world for example.
That it?

Thanks, but I'm afraid that's not the one I'm looking for.

It's an even older pic. I think the helicopter is on the right side of the pic, facing left. And I think it was green.
X-Kalibur
What was green? The dragon? The helicopter? The book?
Stahlseele
All of it?
Shaikujin
Whoops, sorry for not stating it properly, the VTOL was green.
darthmord
That would be from the intro fiction piece that was made into a small trade paperback. I recall it from the SR1 days and iirc, the dragon was Haesslich. I think it was titled 'Never Deal with a Dragon'.

I think I have that book in a box somewhere in a closet. I'd have to clean the entire closet out to be certain though. Not something I am willing to do at this point.
SpellBinder
Probably not. Did a Google search on the book title and found this image.

I did a different search through Amazon, and while there were some books that had no preview image available, I did find this image that largely fits the description of the OP; per Amazon the book's copyright 1992. However it's the dragon' that's green and attacking the helicopter.
MJBurrage
Maybe the cover from the original trade-paperback of short stories:
  • FASA 7601. Into the Shadows. Jordan K. Weisman (editor) ISBN 1-55560-118-9 ©1990
  • FASA 5078. Never Deal with a Dragon Robert N. Charrette ISBN 0-451-45078-7 ©1990
  • FASA 5143. Into the Shadows. Jordan K. Weisman (editor) ISBN 0-451-45189-9 ©1992
    “Into the Shadows” by Robert Charrette, replaced by “A Plague of Demons” by Tom Dowd since the former had been expanded into Never Deal with a Dragon.

PS There is also "Firepower" by Den Beauvais, made famous as a Dragon Magazine cover in 1989.
Critias
The Into the Shadows cover was the image that popped into my head when reading the OP.
Shaikujin
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Mar 24 2011, 07:05 PM) *
Probably not. Did a Google search on the book title and found this image.

I did a different search through Amazon, and while there were some books that had no preview image available, I did find this image that largely fits the description of the OP; per Amazon the book's copyright 1992. However it's the dragon' that's green and attacking the helicopter.

Thanks! I think Into the Shadows is it! My memory has a habit of playing tricks on me and looks like I have mentally super-imposed the green VTOL of Rigger 3 into that picture nyahnyah.gif
SpellBinder
No prob. And I can sympathize, I've got so much stuff in my head it's all mangled and things get crossed over frequently.
CanRay
Well, seeing as my head has been mangled physically, I can certainly understand things. Glad you found the pic!
darthmord
QUOTE (Critias @ Mar 24 2011, 05:22 PM) *
The Into the Shadows cover was the image that popped into my head when reading the OP.

That would be the one I meant.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 25 2011, 01:39 PM) *
Well, seeing as my head has been mangled physically, I can certainly understand things. Glad you found the pic!

That explains so much nyahnyah.gif
Faraday
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 29 2011, 05:35 PM) *
That explains so much nyahnyah.gif

Tech support, man. Stupidity is a disease, and it's most aptly spread via phone.

There should be a Telephone Tech Support memorial day.
CanRay
QUOTE (Faraday @ Mar 29 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Tech support, man. Stupidity is a disease, and it's most aptly spread via phone.

There should be a Telephone Tech Support memorial day.

I'd be happy for a Veteran's Bar for Tech Support Vets.
Stahlseele
Yah, a Bar where you can drink it all away on corp money . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012