Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First run with a new group
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
redwulf25
Even with me making pregens it took a while for us to get started and we only wound up getting the mission accepted an some of the leg work done. We've got an Elven master of firefight who's bio-wared to the gills and in massive debt, an elven face who's a media junkie as well as having a jones for the Novacoke (she snorts novacoke so she can be a better face, so she can earn more nuyen, so she can buy more novacoke, so she can be a better face . . .), a Norse tradition combat mage with Thor (Dragonslayer) as a mentor spirit and a fracking huge weapon focus combat axe, and the groups wheels/medic an ex-Doc Wagon paramedic with high medical skills and a Doc Wagon SRT Ambulance. No hacker I'm thinking of making an NPC technomancer to tag along so as to not limit their jobs.

The Johnson hired them to steal a prototype drone from an Ares subsidiary as well as the files on it. Tonight in the leg work they managed to find out the guards shift changes and what they're armed with (bribing a street kid for info), the face is going to try to get her contact (I decided to give her /dev/grrl as a contact because I thought it would be amusing) to hack the schematics and possibly hack the employee records to show the team as newly hired guards, and the mage tried to scope the place out astrally and glitched I decided he had attracted the attention of a fire elemental they had on guard duty so he wound up banishing that before they sped out of there. So now the corp is on alert and probably upping their magical defenses for the next few days . . .

Is there any important information I should know about /d/ other than what's here? I mean I could try to read every single fourth edition book and see what comes up but . . .
K1ll5w1tch
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ Mar 27 2011, 08:51 PM) *
Even with me making pregens it took a while for us to get started and we only wound up getting the mission accepted an some of the leg work done. We've got an Elven master of firefight who's bio-wared to the gills and in massive debt, an elven face who's a media junkie as well as having a jones for the Novacoke (she snorts novacoke so she can be a better face, so she can earn more nuyen, so she can buy more novacoke, so she can be a better face . . .), a Norse tradition combat mage with Thor (Dragonslayer) as a mentor spirit and a fracking huge weapon focus combat axe, and the groups wheels/medic an ex-Doc Wagon paramedic with high medical skills and a Doc Wagon SRT Ambulance. No hacker I'm thinking of making an NPC technomancer to tag along so as to not limit their jobs.

The Johnson hired them to steal a prototype drone from an Ares subsidiary as well as the files on it. Tonight in the leg work they managed to find out the guards shift changes and what they're armed with (bribing a street kid for info), the face is going to try to get her contact (I decided to give her /dev/grrl as a contact because I thought it would be amusing) to hack the schematics and possibly hack the employee records to show the team as newly hired guards, and the mage tried to scope the place out astrally and glitched I decided he had attracted the attention of a fire elemental they had on guard duty so he wound up banishing that before they sped out of there. So now the corp is on alert and probably upping their magical defenses for the next few days . . .

Is there any important information I should know about /d/ other than what's here? I mean I could try to read every single fourth edition book and see what comes up but . . .

Couple things. One I'm a big hater of addicted qualities. Make sure you beat him over the head with negative effects of the novacoke, It shouldn't be free BPs like a lot of people use it for.

2 if they don't have a hacker thats not the end of the world. There are other ways to get around security make them use their little brains and come of with some good ideas. As a hacker player myself I find groups end up relying on hacker skills to much when they shouldn't or don't necessarily need to. There's also mook techniques to get around some basic hacker functions by using agents to do leg work and basic hacks. The face might be able to pull it off with a decent comm and some programs with a high rated agent. But try to push them to come up with some original ideas to get around surveillance and locked doors.
CanRay
The weakest link in any security system chain is the human link. People write down passwords, keypad numbers, and so on. They don't clean fingerprints off the scanner. And so on.
redwulf25
QUOTE (K1ll5w1tch @ Mar 27 2011, 11:01 PM) *
2 if they don't have a hacker thats not the end of the world. There are other ways to get around security make them use their little brains and come of with some good ideas. As a hacker player myself I find groups end up relying on hacker skills to much when they shouldn't or don't necessarily need to. There's also mook techniques to get around some basic hacker functions by using agents to do leg work and basic hacks. The face might be able to pull it off with a decent comm and some programs with a high rated agent. But try to push them to come up with some original ideas to get around surveillance and locked doors.

Right now the faces player is giving /d/ a small cut of her pay for the hacking the group has asked for. Not a huge amount of her pay since I doubt those sectors are crammed to the gills with black IC.
Belvidere
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ Mar 28 2011, 12:48 AM) *
Right now the faces player is giving /d/ a small cut of her pay for the hacking the group has asked for. Not a huge amount of her pay since I doubt those sectors are crammed to the gills with black IC.

If any of you actually have Unwired, there is a useful set of charts for how much "buying a hacker" costs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012