Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shopping Suggestions?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Socinus
Alright, so my character (bomb-maker/cybered-rifleman) has about 20,000 to play with and I'm not entirely sure where to sink it.

Part of me is debating saving up for a Chemistry Microfac, but I'm open to suggestions.
Epicedion
Save up to start buying deltaware replacements for pieces of cyber, so he can cram in even more cyber.
CanRay
Bolt Hole. Launder the money, found a dummy corporation, and get yourself a nice deniable asset of a bolt hole, and set it up the way you want.
ggodo
MORE GUNS!
Kliko
1. APDS!
2. APDS!!
3. Lifestyle improvement biggrin.gif
Need I say more?
Belvidere
Ask your GM how much you'd have to pay an initiated mage to anchor spells to your bullets.

Nothin' says badass like your bullets exploding into force 12 lighting/fire balls. Plus, spirits think you're the shit. grinbig.gif
Manunancy
QUOTE (Belvidere @ Mar 28 2011, 06:04 PM) *
Ask your GM how much you'd have to pay an initiated mage to anchor spells to your bullets.

Nothin' says badass like your bullets exploding into force 12 lighting/fire balls. Plus, spirits think you're the shit. grinbig.gif

Though you're going to trip every astral barrier you happen to cross and leaave a neat stra lsignature wherever you go. And count yoursel lucky that it's not SR3, where does nigty bulets would have made the perfect astral bridge for any astral spellcaster to drop his goodies into the pysical plane...
CanRay
Nothing says lovin' like C4 in the Oven!

*BOOM*
Belvidere
QUOTE (Manunancy @ Mar 28 2011, 12:18 PM) *
Though you're going to trip every astral barrier you happen to cross and leaave a neat stra lsignature wherever you go. And count yoursel lucky that it's not SR3, where does nigty bulets would have made the perfect astral bridge for any astral spellcaster to drop his goodies into the pysical plane...

Well yeah, wouldn't be very fair if nobody knew you were carrying around enough firepower in your ruger to make anything short of a great dragon and some serious spirits quake in their boots.

Besides, being able to say, "I have a six shooter full of fireballs." is well worth being known.
CanRay
"How the HELL did you shoot down that Yellowjacket with a Colt Asp?" "I'm that good. And I was out of cars."
Belvidere
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 28 2011, 12:47 PM) *
"How the HELL did you shoot down that Yellowjacket with a Colt Asp?" "I'm that good. And I was out of cars."

And this is when you truly know that you've stepped into the big leagues. Hey Bull! If you're looking, you may want to look into this. Dumpshock Data Haven has you stated out being pretty good with pistols. The six shooter full of fireballs might work well for you.
jaellot
If you really want to waste it, Anchor Treat/Heal spells into the bullets. "Okay, you shot him for 9P, and the spell goes off, healing... all of it."

Actually not a bad idea for getting something into the insides of a person now that I think about it. One of those tracking rounds. It's one thing to dig a bullet out when there is still a path, but if it's healed over, that would be a bit more involved to say the least.

Although other wastes of anchored spells into bullets could be Makeover (so they look pretty when they're dead), or Detox in a Narcojet dart. If I recall right, Orgasm/Orgy is a Sustained, yeah? That'd be fun if you could just get around that. "Then the fragger shot out my knee cap! IT FELT WONDERFUL! Call me!" ::Light a cigarette while being loaded into the DocWagon van::
CanRay
"This is a no smoking ambulance, sir." "GO SLOT YOURSELF! I have a Gold Membership." "Oh, sorry sir. May I light that for you?"
Makki
a drone that carries the rifle for you and has a chemistry autosoft, for when you sleep.
Sengir
QUOTE (Manunancy @ Mar 28 2011, 05:18 PM) *
Though you're going to trip every astral barrier you happen to cross and leaave a neat stra lsignature wherever you go.

Of course any pursuers could just look for places where everything in a 12m radius suffered from spontaneous combustion wink.gif

OT, I'm not really firm on homemade explosives, but how about some cyberlimb upgrades...foot anchors, magnets, arm slides, everything that makes people go "huh?" biggrin.gif
CanRay
Steampunk Cyberlimb Casemod.
Sengir
Steampunk fish tank (hey, fish tanks are even listed as an example) coupled with an arm slide which propels a gene-modded piranha into your hand.
Belvidere
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 28 2011, 04:26 PM) *
Steampunk fish tank (hey, fish tanks are even listed as an example) coupled with an arm slide which propels a gene-modded piranha into your hand.

Which you then fire at your opponent. grinbig.gif
Socinus
QUOTE (Makki @ Mar 28 2011, 08:45 PM) *
a drone that carries the rifle for you and has a chemistry autosoft, for when you sleep.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I'm putting a Lockheed Vulcan together that acts as an automatic Chemistry Shop and assistant.
K1ll5w1tch
QUOTE (Socinus @ Mar 28 2011, 02:23 PM) *
That's actually a pretty good idea. I'm putting a Lockheed Vulcan together that acts as an automatic Chemistry Shop and assistant.

Noooo!!!
Socinus
QUOTE (K1ll5w1tch @ Mar 29 2011, 04:07 AM) *
Noooo!!!

You havent seen my shopping list yet devil.gif

I have all SORTS of fun planned out.
K1ll5w1tch
[quote name='Socinus' date='Mar 28 2011, 09:13 PM' post='1055262']
You havent seen my shopping list yet devil.gif

I have all SORTS of fun planned out.
[/quote

groans mad.gif
Tyro
QUOTE (K1ll5w1tch @ Mar 28 2011, 09:17 PM) *
groans mad.gif

Are you his GM or something?
CanRay
*Shakes Magic-8 Ball* Signs point to "Yes". *Throws Magic-8 Ball at a random person, and laughs as it nails them in the head, and runs away*
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 29 2011, 01:50 PM) *
*Shakes Magic-8 Ball* Signs point to "Yes". *Throws Magic-8 Ball at a random person, and laughs as it nails them in the head, and runs away*

*ducks under something sturdy in case it explodes*
Belvidere
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 29 2011, 06:51 PM) *
*ducks under something sturdy in case it explodes*

*ducks under Tyro, because it will explode*
K1ll5w1tch
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 29 2011, 02:20 PM) *
Are you his GM or something?

Yes. And I'm hoping for a stray bullet to hit and detonate his 40P suicide bomb vest he wears.
Tyro
QUOTE (Belvidere @ Mar 29 2011, 02:42 PM) *
*ducks under Tyro, because it will explode*

Cuddle puddle!
CanRay
QUOTE (K1ll5w1tch @ Mar 29 2011, 06:39 PM) *
Yes. And I'm hoping for a stray bullet to hit and detonate his 40P suicide bomb vest he wears.

Depending on what the vest uses as a detonator, and the explosive compound, all that might happen is that the kevlar underneath protects him as normal.

*Laughs at everyone ducking for cover at a harmless Magic 8-Ball as I run away very fast*
Belvidere
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 29 2011, 08:53 PM) *
*Laughs at everyone ducking for cover at a harmless Magic 8-Ball as I run away very fast*

Damn you CaaaaanRaaaaayy!! i shall not be duped again!! grinbig.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Belvidere @ Mar 29 2011, 08:11 PM) *
Damn you CaaaaanRaaaaayy!! i shall not be duped again!! grinbig.gif

Just because this one didn't go boom, doesn't mean the next one won't.

And I grew up in a mining town. nyahnyah.gif
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 29 2011, 05:13 PM) *
Just because this one didn't go boom, doesn't mean the next one won't.

And I grew up in a mining town. nyahnyah.gif

I remember. Hence the duck and cover.
Belvidere
QUOTE (Tyro @ Mar 29 2011, 10:14 PM) *
I remember. Hence the duck and cover.

Damn.. I know not if I am going to be tricked, or killed... times to suit of for the run boys. Paranoia abound.
CanRay
Now you're getting it. You never know if I'm going to be Ice Cold or Pink Mohawk, or both at once.
Tiralee
Pay a mage to summon and detail an elemental/spirit/whatever to you. Worth every cent.

If you're going pimp, have 2.

Note: Guard is a lovely thing.
CanRay
Pimpin' ain't easy. Especially if you're getting Spirits to do your streetwalkin'.
Saint Sithney
571 fragmentation grenades.

Detonate them all at once for a 3432(f)P +5AP blast which is reduced by -1 damage per meter.

So, it's still fully lethal for 3 kilometers.

Man the new WAR! grenade rules are keen!
Socinus
Double post
Socinus
QUOTE (K1ll5w1tch @ Mar 29 2011, 11:39 PM) *

Plastic explosive doesn't work that way smile.gif

Douse me in jet fuel and light a match, my vest wont go off.

QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 29 2011, 11:53 PM) *
Depending on what the vest uses as a detonator

Classic push-button -> blasting cap as well as a skinlink hooked up to a biomonitor so if I flatline, it goes off (both options can be enabled or disabled at will via my implanted commlink)

Keep in mind I dont carry this thing around all the time and it's not standard run equipment.

and the explosive compound, all that might happen is that the kevlar underneath protects him as normal.

Plastic explosive smile.gif
Fortinbras
I'm looking into your future. I see an Ignite spell...
Bodak
QUOTE (Manunancy @ Mar 29 2011, 03:18 AM) *
And count yoursel lucky that it's not SR3, where does nigty bulets would have made the perfect astral bridge for any astral spellcaster to drop his goodies into the pysical plane...
Grounding was in SR2, but not SR3. The only thing in SR3 that came near to letting an astral magician spellcast on the physical plane was having an Ally spirit, and getting it to cast a spell you taught it.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Manunancy @ Mar 28 2011, 05:18 PM) *

Everyone always forgets about the trigger conditions too. If you want an anchored spell to go off when the bullet hits the target, that's a contact trigger.
So.....
Note that dormant
anchored spells are invisible on the physical plane, and take
up “space” equal to the size of the caster.

So you have to have a drone or something hold and shoot those bullets for you, unless you cast and anchor the spell yourself.

But then, there's something special about calling in magical artillery...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Mar 30 2011, 05:35 AM) *
Everyone always forgets about the trigger conditions too. If you want an anchored spell to go off when the bullet hits the target, that's a contact trigger.
So.....

So you have to have a drone or something hold and shoot those bullets for you, unless you cast and anchor the spell yourself.

But then, there's something special about calling in magical artillery...

Contact Triggers are dangerous, as, in your scenario, the bullet is in contact with the gun when it is fired. So.

Magical Artillery is the Combat Mage. With an assortment of spells that include "Detonate" in their description. biggrin.gif
Xahn Borealis
No, the contact trigger works when the anchored spell contacts a certain aura, either a specific one, which the magician must have assensed, or any one besides the magician. So basically, anything alive will set off the spell.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Mar 30 2011, 07:04 AM) *
No, the contact trigger works when the anchored spell contacts a certain aura, either a specific one, which the magician must have assensed, or any one besides the magician. So basically, anything alive will set off the spell.

Which is inefficient. I would rather it work on actual impact with ANYTHING. Which will work, as long as you structure the trigger correctly. Been a while since I ooked at things like that, because it is not really something that is done much.
Xahn Borealis
It doesn't work like that. Anchored spells can only be triggered by Background Count, Contact, a Detection Spell, or Timing.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Mar 30 2011, 09:15 AM) *
It doesn't work like that. Anchored spells can only be triggered by Background Count, Contact, a Detection Spell, or Timing.

They use to be triggerable by Actions as well... "When I draw the Sword, Activate the Effect". Guess I should really look at Anchoring again. But using your quote above, then Contact would never work as a viable option for ammunition, as it would go off when you loaded the ammunition.

Yep, I will just have to look at the actual rules again. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012