Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fenris
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fortinbras
One of my players keeps saying he wants to buy a Fenris, which he claims is a Shadowrun vehicle from a previous edition, but try as I might I can't find the thing in any of my old books. Does anyone know what this cat is talking about?
Epicedion
Apparently he's still waiting on the return of Kerensky.
Fortinbras
No, but interesting side note: that post reminded me that my ferret's room was too cold.
Nemo
IIRC, the Fenris was a sportscar owned by Wolf, a member of Dr. Ravens crew in the short stories by Stackpole.
MK Ultra
I think Nemo is on to something. The collection of shortstories is called 'Wolf and Raven' (There is another one with those characters in the first collection of SR shortstories (Into the Shadows?), but I think the car is in W&R - though there is not too much description of it, IIRC. I always imagined it somehow like a mustang...
Nemo
After consulting the books: The Fenris is mentioned in the short storie "It's all done with mirrors" from Michael Stackpole. The NatVat-Exec Nadia Mirin gives Wolf a Fenris sportscar as replacement for his lost Ford Nissan Mustang IV. The story was published in the book "Into the shadows".
CanRay
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Mar 30 2011, 08:11 AM) *
I think Nemo is on to something. The collection of shortstories is called 'Wolf and Raven' (There is another one with those characters in the first collection of SR shortstories (Into the Shadows?), but I think the car is in W&R - though there is not too much description of it, IIRC. I always imagined it somehow like a mustang...

No, he *HAD* a Mustang. It got wrecked (Not to mention the blood stains from Kid Stealth's legs.). The Fenris was paid for by the person he saved while wrecking his car. It's a high-end sportscar. Use the Eurocar Westwind stats and call it a Fenris. nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
Still, nothing better than this here baby:
1991 Callaway Corvette Twin Turbo 400+ Aero Coupe
Ryu
QUOTE (Epicedion @ Mar 30 2011, 11:20 AM) *

A mini-version with that kind of anti-personell firepower is doable as a Tomino variant, should the player think of that one...
Stahlseele
You're right actually O.o
Aside from the PPC.
But we can replace that with a Gauss-Cannon.
Ryu
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 30 2011, 07:11 PM) *
You're right actually O.o
Aside from the PPC.
But we can replace that with a Gauss-Cannon.

IŽd look into a type A config with HMG on a reinforced mount on one arm and a heavy MP-Laser on a normal mount on the other.
Stahlseele
*nods*
that would work too.
Ryu
Tomino Body 10: 10 slots.

1 fixed weapon mount (left arm)
2 moveable weapon mount (shoulder, for missile defense)
2 reinforced weapon mount (right arm)
1 improved sensor suite
1 armor 20
1 Ruthenium coating (since this is SR)
1 missile defence system
1 ECCM 10
Adarael
QUOTE (Epicedion @ Mar 30 2011, 01:20 AM) *

Good GOD, that mech has a wierd-ass build.
Tiralee
Don't know why the SRM2 is there, I'd lose it and the Small ER for a Medium ER and a heatsink.

Instant heavy scout/headhunter, lose some tonnage for ECM/ECCM and you've got a scout leader that can keep up with the fast-movers and snipe without resupply while disrupting their calls for help. Excellent for hit-and-destroy for up to heavy-medium lances. (Kill their legs, then recover the mechs at your whim)

And no, I've never played BattleMech in paper, just the computer games.
A lot.

-Tir

Stahlseele
In CBT, you have CritHits and through armor Crits.
Where you hit is based on the roll of the dice, not on where your mouse is pointing.
single SRM can, with luck, take out a Mech. Also, if it's not a streak one, Inferno Ammo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012