Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What threats might be found in a Seattle sewer/stormdrain?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
redwulf25
My group might be using a sewer to get into or out of their target and I'd like to be prepared. Right now I can think of off the top of my head ghouls and other infected, bug/toxic spirits and shamans, and devil rats. Assume use of the Absurdly Spacious Sewer trope.
CanRay
Pissed off members of the Ork Underground? There actually are Absurdly Spacious Sewers in Seattle, apparently.
Xahn Borealis
Do you have Running Wild? The Urban section in the Paracritters chapter would be suitable.
redwulf25
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 2 2011, 12:06 AM) *
Do you have Running Wild? The Urban section in the Paracritters chapter would be suitable.

Yeah I probably should take another browse through that.
Xahn Borealis
I think you'll find the Incubus to be suitably creepy. Naughty Tentacles, anyone?
CanRay
"I'm not a Japanese Schoolgirl! I'M NOT A JAPANESE... IEEEEEEEEEE!!!" "Man, I haven't heard anyone scream like that since I was on Cell Block B, two cells down from Bubba The Love Troll."
Summerstorm
Aye, Inkubus would be my first recommendation too. Funny thingy. (And since critter powers can not be counterspelled it can even fuck with the magicians mind - if you have one).

Problem is that they won't touch groups of potential prey... but if you have one stray or get seperated... it is just insanely mean/funny to have a lone dude run into a child in need, hot woman or treasue chest and then BAM... tentacle time.

I guess there could a lot be down there. Things biding their time... gathering power... muhahaha. Cabals of half-crazed ghouls, a shaman and his nuclear spirit (i had one in my campaign... was using a basin as a heatsink... and radiated the water supply slightly).

Those claw-elf-infected.

An Ork with a flamethrower on his back and a cigar in his mouth (hunting devil/demon rats for his burger shop in the barrens).

Hell... have a huge awakened (flying?) jellyfish in there (pushed in from the ocean... now EVERGROWING in lack of natural predators.)

Have you seen that real footage of that worm-colony meatsack in the new york sewer? Perfectly disgusting but harmless fun (show it on a laptop to your players)

Uh.. and troglodytes... for the "kobolds have trapped the shit out of this dungeon"-feel if your players are into that *g*.
Angelone
A Ghost Gator. Are those just in that Mission or are they in another book I can't remember?

That thing that grafts stuff onto itself. Those are yucky.
CanRay
Gator Shaman, with his pet gator. Who is hungry. And look who has come to dinner.
Angelone
I'm going to post my obligatory suggestion for Drop Bears, even though no self respecting Drop Bear would be found in a sewer.
CanRay
QUOTE (Angelone @ Apr 2 2011, 12:49 AM) *
I'm going to post my obligatory suggestion for Drop Bears, even though no self respecting Drop Bear would be found in a sewer.

Emo Drop Bear?
Epicedion
Poop shaman.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Epicedion @ Apr 2 2011, 07:29 AM) *
Poop shaman.

indifferent.gif
CanRay
Don't be surprised, there are Shamans that sing the Songs of Power from Toaster.
Epicedion
Poop shaman are always treated with hostility. :/
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Epicedion @ Apr 2 2011, 07:29 AM) *
Poop shaman.

indifferent.gif
scarius
some other runners trying to get away from something, or on a trip to shomewhere
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (scarius @ Apr 2 2011, 08:47 AM) *
some other runners trying to get away from something, or on a trip to shomewhere

"Hey."
"Hey."
"Extraction?"
"Yeah. You?
"Retrieval."
"Huh. Good luck."
"You too."

Both groups continue on without another word. Business as usual. smile.gif
Bull
QUOTE (Angelone @ Apr 2 2011, 01:34 AM) *
A Ghost Gator. Are those just in that Mission or are they in another book I can't remember?

That thing that grafts stuff onto itself. Those are yucky.

Ghost Gator has, so far, just shown up in Missions, though if we ever do another Parazoology eBook, I'd like to see it included there.

The Shambler is the other critter you're thinking about. And yes, they are quite hideous. smile.gif

Beyond that... Devil Rat swarm, led by a Demon Rat.

Bull
QUOTE (Epicedion @ Apr 2 2011, 02:29 AM) *
Poop shaman.

At Origins last year during a Mission (CMP 2010-03 Ashes), a section of the Ork Underground gets firebombed, and the PCs are trapped in it. One of the PCs tried to summon a Water Elemental, and gets a minor glitch. The Water Elemental got a a critical glitch. So the PC gets his Water Elemental, although he ends up summoning it up from a nearby toilet that hadn't been flushed... So he ended up with a Urine Elemental smile.gif

Bull
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 2 2011, 10:58 AM) *
At Origins last year during a Mission (CMP 2010-03 Ashes), a section of the Ork Underground gets firebombed, and the PCs are trapped in it. One of the PCs tried to summon a Water Elemental, and gets a minor glitch. The Water Elemental got a a critical glitch. So the PC gets his Water Elemental, although he ends up summoning it up from a nearby toilet that hadn't been flushed... So he ended up with a Urine Elemental smile.gif

Bull

QUOTE (Noman the Golgothan @ Apr 2 2011, 10:58 AM) *
Not born. SHIT into existence.

It's an Excremental.
Bull
Yeah, I kept trying to remember the name of that thing from Dogma, and drawing a blank during the adventure. Every now and then, my brain turns to swiss cheese.

Bull
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 2 2011, 10:12 AM) *
It's an Excremental.

indifferent.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 2 2011, 11:20 AM) *
Yeah, I kept trying to remember the name of that thing from Dogma, and drawing a blank during the adventure. Every now and then, my brain turns to swiss cheese.

Bull

No shit? *snickers*
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Apr 2 2011, 11:21 AM) *
indifferent.gif

I'm not shitting you! ^^
CanRay
Aw drek, our minds have really gone into the gutter. No, it's past the gutter, down the storm drain, and into...
Sengir
The [something] shambler from RW, which glues its victims to its shell and then proceeds to drain them...look, isn't that the crazy old gator shaman?
Xahn Borealis
It sounds like it should be a toxic critter, especially after seeing that picture.... Nightmare Fuel, anyone?
Angelone
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 2 2011, 03:55 AM) *
Ghost Gator has, so far, just shown up in Missions, though if we ever do another Parazoology eBook, I'd like to see it included there.

The Shambler is the other critter you're thinking about. And yes, they are quite hideous. smile.gif

Beyond that... Devil Rat swarm, led by a Demon Rat.

Shambler, yeah that's it. Horrible, horrilbe things.

I like the Ghost Gator it's quite interesting and a great reason not to flush gators down toliets.

I'm thinking a giant awakened goldfish would be funny.
Sengir
QUOTE (Angelone @ Apr 2 2011, 07:02 PM) *
I'm thinking a giant awakened goldfish would be funny.

With freakin' laser beams? biggrin.gif

Mutant sea brass, on the other hand...hmmm, that's going to be interesting
Stahlseele
No, the kind from Garfield.
Pets that get flushed down the toilet live in the severs and become gigantic.
It's just a gigantic gold fish. it does not do anything. it just sits there staring at you unblinking.
kinda curious as to what you might be. it will have forgotten that you were there when you go around a corner.
Link
DNA/DOA has a SEWER ENCOUNTER TABLE for a section of the adventure set in the Tacoma plumbing.
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012