Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted:
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stahlseele
It was something like FASA's or FANPRO's little Toybox or so . .
Basically, some pages with Random little (joke)toys for Riggers in the 3rd System.
Stats for a Powered Wheelchair including Tracks-Mod and Bulletproof Canopy, a Howitzer i think, an inflateable boat, a Diesel Locomotive, a Parrot Drone, a Toy-Tank and an honest to god super sonic car.
I'm pretty much at the end of my search algorithm. And i can't, for the life of me, find it.
Anybody still remember what this file was called or where it can still be gotten?
Anybody maybe even still HAVE this file?
It was located on the same page as the SR3-Books Errata Files, if i remember correctly.

Please, help me find this file of sillyness. MY GM's have been droping hints that there may be a One-Off Shadowrun Evening next Month or so, and i'd like to surprise them a bit.
Stahlseele
Update: somebody on the official german board actually still had it and sent it my way. carry on, nothing to see here anymore.
Method
Care to share? smile.gif
Stahlseele
It's in german. still want it?
if so, shoot me an email or something via PN.
it's not even 200kbyte big.
Method
Doh! I don't sprechen ze deutch. Thanks anyway man.
Stahlseele
*sigh*
maybe i'll just translate it . .
Method
It's more for my curiosity, since I don't play SR3 anymore. I wouldn't ask you to commit your time for that. Was it offered in English? Maybe I just need to keep searching.
Stahlseele
*shrugs*
not sure if it ever was offered in english . . i simply don't remember anymore ^^#
it's only 12 pages, not much text, but i'll have to see about getting something to save in .pdf format for example.
and look up some of the stuff i don't understand about vehicle rules in SR3.
nezumi
Does it have a title, or any info on what it was shipped with? That could at least give us a starting point for our own research : )

I would be interested. I can see about using google translate or something on it.
Stahlseele
I got the File:
It's Toybox-Online.pdf
"Die streng geheime FanPro-Spielzeugkiste"
Author: Jens Ullrich

It wasn't shipped with anything.
It's a bit of stuff that had been collected by FanPro that they gave away for free as a PDF download when SR3 got killed by SR4 officially . .
Fortinbras
I don't suppose there is a translation of the SOX book for 4th?
Method
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 3 2011, 12:02 PM) *
I got the File:
It's Toybox-Online.pdf
"Die streng geheime FanPro-Spielzeugkiste"
Author: Jens Ullrich

I thought that sounded familiar so I did a spotlight search and discovered that I actually have this .pdf (in German) already on my laptop.

Man the things you forget... wobble.gif
Stahlseele
*nods*
we're getting old ^^
Cain
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 4 2011, 12:00 AM) *
*nods*
we're getting old ^^

What do you mean, "getting"? nyahnyah.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 3 2011, 04:09 PM) *
but i'll have to see about getting something to save in .pdf format for example.

I don't if your planning on doing anythink, but CutePDF is a prettty good program for making somethink into a pdf.
Stahlseele
Ah, thank you, i'll give that one a Try then ^^
Tycho
Back in the Day, when Rigger 3 was released Fanpro in Germany startet a fan contest to submit Vehicles and the best vehicles would be released in the German Rigger 3.

This pdf has some of the Stuff that didn't make it in the book.

@Fortinbras: A Translation of "SOX" exisists, at least for the Source Material (not the Campaigns), because the Work was a colaboration of Germand and French authors. So the whole source material was written together in English and then translated to French and German. So somewhere in the archives of Pegasus, Black Book and CGL there is a English text Version, but it was never released.

cya
Tycho
Fortinbras
QUOTE (Tycho @ Apr 4 2011, 07:33 AM) *
@Fortinbras: A Translation of "SOX" exisists, at least for the Source Material (not the Campaigns), because the Work was a colaboration of Germand and French authors. So the whole source material was written together in English and then translated to French and German. So somewhere in the archives of Pegasus, Black Book and CGL there is a English text Version, but it was never released.

cya
Tycho

That's appropriate because English is, essentially, a combination of German and French. But where, where pray tell, can I find or buy a copy of this translation? Must I plan an extraction from Jason Hardy's house?
Stahlseele
No, you have to come over here to Germany, because Hardy hat nothing to do with that one at all.
MJBurrage
Is anyone with a copy of the Shadowrun Toybox willing to share?

If so please either contact me, and I'll give you my e-mail address. Or to prevent a deluge of similar request you might consider uploading somewhere and posting a link.

There should not be any legal issues since it was officially given away online for free to begin with.
Stahlseele
give me your email adress, and i will send it your way.
Sengir
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 4 2011, 01:38 PM) *
No, you have to come over here to Germany, because Hardy hat nothing to do with that one at all.

Even if the had been involved, the docs would probably have gone the way of the old errata docs, proofreader feedback, and info about foreign additions....
Stahlseele
foreign additions to the sox . . yeah, sadly, i can see this happening . .
ravensmuse
This is one of those times I wish that I was multilingual. I'd love to see this stuff translated.

Gonna shake my fist again at our bogus "Shockwaves!" translation.

("This is what happens! But no stats! Just run summaries! Eff you, English audience!")
Stahlseele
*snickers* poor dude ^^
ravensmuse
I know where you live, Stahl. It may be in Germany, but I still know where you live. biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
*shrugs* Hamburg is big ^^
Sengir
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 4 2011, 06:22 PM) *
foreign additions to the sox which ignore everything previously established in canon, because while foreign publishers are required to coordinate their additions with CGL, CGL actually does not care shit about what they wrote . . yeah, sadly, i can see this happening . .

Fixed wink.gif

Seriously, if Pegasus published (with CGL's approval) a book about Germany sinking into the sea, two months later CGL would throw out some cheap PDF with references to a great drought in the AGS.
Stahlseele
probably <.<
Tycho
I can definitely confirm that from what I have seen...

cya
Tycho
Sengir
Hmm, ain't you a former freelancer?
Tycho
No, but I proofread the rules and NSCs for Pegasus SR products...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012