Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Knows History Info On: Ghost, Dodger Sally?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fleece
I`m a new GM and need help. I would like to have all the background history of these major Shadowrunners (Ghost, Sally, Dodger) because I want to incorporate them in my games. Also any background information on Harlequin, Ehran The Scribe, Prince Sean Laverty and The High Prince of the Tir. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Req
Have you read the Secrets of Power trilogy? There's a ton of background in there on these folks.
Kagetenshi
Yeah, Secrets of Power is what you want. It has at least some info on everyone you listed, IIRC.

~J
BIG BAD BEESTE
Start with those books by all means: Never Deal With a Dragon, Choose Your Enemies Carefully, & Find Your Own Truth. Dodger makes an appearance in Never Trust An Elf as well. I believe you'll also find a bit of recent info about him throughout various sourcebooks and scenarios dealing with the Renraku Arcology Shutdown too.

Aside from that the only other references I know of are the short story into in the original 1st Ed rulebook (the cover picture for 1st & 2nd Eds that Elmore drew was based upon this), a brief cameo role appearance by Lady T'Sung in the Food Fight scenario at the back of the 1st Ed rulebook, and the corresponding cards from the SR:TCG. Nothing really concrete though (IE: stats) just basic character descriptions, although the cards do offer somewhat basic guidelines as to their abilities.

As for the Immortal Elves, you'd be best to run a search in the Dumpshock Archives or ask one of the guys who's compiled a load of stuff about them on their own website. Ancient History's comes to mind - he seems to know his stuff and has a good memory of such characters. If you're wanting canon references, you'll find them there in better detail than I have time to grant here. Alternatively, if you can get your mits on them, check out Harlequin, Harlequin's Back, Tir Tairngire, and any shadowtalk comments by the Laughing Man in the sourcebooks. Worlds Without End is the novel you might like to read to get a little more info therein. Finally, if you really want to get to grips with the IE's background you're going to have to start dredging up the clues in the Earthdawn line of books. The Blood Wood sourcebook is an invaluable aid there.
Ancient History
The Dodger is a Spike-Baby elf, approx 70 years old, who was taken into the Xavier Institute, run and created by "The Professor" Sean laverty (yes, X-men tributes all). Dodger left to do some shadowrunning, and is a decker of some skill. Known cyberware: datajack, program carriers (likely removed), full 2063 stats in Brainscan. Dodger is enamored with the AI Morgan/Megaera, whom he accidentally helped create with Samuel "Twist" Verner (see Secrets of Power Trilogy). Not much more personal life-wise; made appearence toadying for Laverty in "Never Trust an Elf," and one or two more I'd have to look up.

Ghost (note: not full name. Must remember to look it up) Amerindian urban tribal, cyber-enhanced (wired reflexes, must needs check up on others); tribal totem is Wolf. Runs with Lady Tsung, former associate of Samuel "Twist" Verner.

Lady Tsung Female hermetic mage. Somewhat erratic bedpartner of Samuel "Twist" Verner. Somewhat mercenary, detached, not content attached to anyone romantically for extended periods. Last seen in "Never Trust an Elf"

Harlequin--most powerful elven hermetic-style mage on the planet (note: does not include non-metahumans such as spirits and dragons), At least 7,000 years old, possibly older. Somewhat chaotic; full name Caimbeuel Har'lea'quinn. Swordmaster and Wizard, possible Lightbearer and Quester of Vestrial. Immortal Elf. See my Immortals file for details on history.

Ehran the Scribe--Very clsoe to Harlequin in magical skill, tendancy to write neophilisophical books which are astoundingly popular; helped form Tir Tairngire, retained ties to Tir na nOg elves. Currently disposed from status as Prince of Tir Tairngire, position on board of one of DUnkelzahn's organizations (more info in Immortals file).

Sean Laverty--Prince of Tir Tairngire, formed Xavier Institute to collect elven Spike babies; druidical interests, more in Immortals file.
kevyn668
Ghost's full neam: "Ghost-Who-Walks" also "Ghost-Who-Walks-Inside"

Additional Cyberware: eyes w/ at least low light and clock, retractable hand razors (on right hand, I believe), smartlink (possibly two).
edit: he may only have ret. mods. not sure if he has full cybereyes. If so, they are "natural" looking.

Favored weapons: dual SMGs. In the first short he carried Uzi IIIs (as dipicted on the SR1 core), also used a Minigun at the end of the first novel.

Well versed in hand to hand combat.

I think he led the "First Nation" gang.

How I'd do? smile.gif
TheScamp
And the three of them (Dodger, Sally, and Ghost) are depicted on the front covers of the 1st and 2nd edition rulebooks.
Grimtooth
Ghost was also referred to as "Ghost-Maker"

Follows wolf in some small way. At least that was what he inferred to Verner's sister Janice. She was a Wendigo who was a possibly a toxic wolf shaman.

how was that?
kevyn668
Good.

Here's one, then:

what's the name of the other Wendigo in "Choose You're Enimies Carefully"?

BTW, 7 days.....till what? How long you could survive in a well w/ no food or water? biggrin.gif
fourstring_samurai
well, one of the wendigo's alias' was David Hyde-White I believe.

I think the 7 days is from the movie the ring.

also, dodger had a cyber gun in one of his arms. verner vouched for him so he wouldn't have to wear an inhibitor. that, and he had some sort of device in his arm that resembled hand spurs that allowed him to run the matrix naked (perhaps the program carriers AH mentioned)

don't forget that ghost geeked haeslich(sp). that's fragging awesome.
Grimtooth
cigars for the last two posters!!!!!!!
fourstring_samurai
danke.
kevyn668
Thank you!

About geeking Haeslich:
[ Spoiler ]

Yeah, I do remeber something about the arm thing--can't come up w/ the details. The spur-like things are, in fact, Program Carriers, as AH said. When coupled with a datajack, they allowed a decker to deck w/o a deck. It was called "decking naked" b/c any damage you took, went right to you instead of your persona. I can't remember the rules for it, though....1st ed was a while back.
Xirces
<Minor Thread Hijack>
I keep seeing the term "Spike Baby" but I'm only guessing that it refers to Elves born before the awakening. My SR lore is pretty strong on very early stuff and reasonable on the more recent, but I missed a whole chunk in the middle. I've also tried searching and can't find a definitive answer...
</Minor Thread Hijack>
John Campbell
QUOTE (Xirces)
I keep seeing the term "Spike Baby" but I'm only guessing that it refers to Elves born before the awakening.

Exactly. I think the term originated in the Tir Tairngire sourcebook, in speculations about the immoral elves' origin.

Spike baby dwarves are possible, too.
fourstring_samurai
About geeking Haeslich:

sorry. i just thought you were talking about his weapon prefs. smile.gif
Grimtooth
The whacking of Haeslich was a great scene.

Any one know whatever happened to Kam and his crew?
kevyn668
I imagine they died. They were born as orks, IIRC.

4StringSam: 'scool, chummer. I was vague. smile.gif
kevyn668
Back on topic:

Its assumed (but not proven) that Sally worked for the Yaks at some point in her career. She's missing the last digit of her left (?) pinky. Her firearm of choice is (obviously) the Remington Roomsweeper.

I think Dodger liked the Colt America L36.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (John Campbell)
the immoral elves

biggrin.gif lol
Slamm-O
someone said that ghost used uzis, i always thought that he use dual ingrams? (smart guns i assume, think they only called them ingrams). Am i thinking of someone else? dodger maybe?
kevyn668
No, you're right. He used Ingrams in novels but before the SSC came out it was Uzis.

edit: Ghost's protege (sp) used an Ingram, too. I think. Jason Stone was his name...he was very similar to Ghost in skill but had spurs instead of razors and lacked Ghost's [flexible] code of honor.

I've been waiting over a decade for stats on the "Bunyip"
Voran
What was the context under which Tsung went from "Sally" to "Lady" she get raised to the peerage/knighted or something along the line?
kevyn668
It was a formal thing with Dodger. He has a "noble complex." wink.gif Knights of the Round Table or Robin Hood depending on his mood or the tightness of his underware.

Like the way we rotate between "chummer", "omea", and "hombre"

It has no real meaning.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (kevyn668)
I've been waiting over a decade for stats on the "Bunyip"

There are stats for a "bunyip" in Awakened Lands...
BIG BAD BEESTE
Ghost also had enhanced hearing mods. The guns dipicted on the Elmore artwork look like Uzi IIIs, but under the 1st Ed gear entry it states that Ingram made a similar SMG without the laser sights. Thus likely that Ghost bought those and upgraded them to smartguns.

Dodger has a favouring for using machine pistols (sandler TMP) according to the novels.

Lady Tsung is a street name - Sally is possibly her real name although I'd seriously doubt it. I believe its stated in those novels that she had at least five alias'. Definate hints on the yakuza affiliations though.

As for the name of the wendigo from Choose Your Enemies Carefully - Dan Shiro. Boy, did that take a few minutes synaptic delving into the memory. Hyde-White was one of his illusionary "normal" alias'. The name of the wendigo in Never Deal With A Dragon was Jacqueline ARGH-something french-sounding. (Now that one's got me stumped for the moment.)
Kagetenshi
It was Shiroi, I believe, not just Shiro.

~J
kevyn668
Montejaq or something, I don't know how to spell it. She worked for Lofwyr and would later appear in Ragnarok.
Kagetenshi
By the by, she was a Sasquatch, not a Wendigo. Big difference.

~J
Ancient History
Actually, Kagetenshi, given that her "cyberware" was fake and whatnot, I figured she was a Wendigo who pulled the Sasquatch Play so random people wouldn't pop a cap in her.
Req
Shiroi is right. Was it David Hyde-White, or Richard?
kevyn668
She was definately a Wendigo.
The Grifter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Dodger favoring a Sandler TMP Submachine gun in those novels.
kevyn668
So I took a stab with the L36. Sue me. nyahnyah.gif

BTW, in SR the Sandler TMP is a SMG not a machine pistol. wink.gif
Capt. Dave
Dodger's history and game stats are in the adventure "Brainscan".
Also, it says there that he carries a Ares Viper. Go figure..
Fleece
Thank You everybody, you chummers are a great help...Especially Ancient...Your site is amazing!!! Now, most of the books you guys refered to are out of print. How and where can I get them? And does any of you selling them?

Thankx in advance chummers
Kagetenshi
Stiggybaby is a good source for books.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012