Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Erratas
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Machiavelli
Had been on the SR4 homepage but i couldnīt find the erratas. There was a forum for them, but the erratas itself are not there. Did i overlook them? Do i need new glasses?
CanRay
No. They need to make errata for their books.
KarmaInferno
Check out the "game resources" link at Shadowrun4.com.
Here: http://www.shadowrun4.com/game-resources/

Only four books have documented errata, though.

-k
Prime Mover
Augmentation errata was supposedly nearly ready for release almost two years ago..... but never surfaced. Although at the time I was told it was a small one.
Caadium
I will put in that when I was looking for them a couple of weeks ago, there were a lot of bad links on the SR4 site and the errata were not as easy to find as they used to be. I don't recall the details, but it was annoying enough that I chose to actually save even the small ones to my local machine instead of look as needed like I've done in the past.
James McMurray
There's also an errata forum on their boards.
Sengir
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Apr 7 2011, 02:29 PM) *
Did i overlook them? Do i need new glasses?

It's a secret
[ Spoiler ]

Not that it's really worth the searching effort, all errata docs there are years old. Which maybe isn't that bad, because Jason has finally admitted what most people already knew: All communication with the German publisher was filed at the same place as the freelancer paychecks (and proofreader feedback, and...). So if there ever were new errata, it would probably be completely incompatible.

And the errata forum is merely a brainstorming platform for fan proposals, the devs don't even bother to confirm obvious things submitted there.
Machiavelli
Thanks, i really donīt have the brain for such a "great" webdesign...usually the things i use are efficient.^^ I just need it to show our GM the entry about the shapechange-spell^^
Bodak
Normally one has a single erratum or several errata bundled together. I suppose the superplural erratas might be like "peoples"... but it might just as easily be like the "dreamses" and "troopseses" found in The Backstroke of the West.
Yerameyahu
I wasn't gonna say it. I had to be the stickler last time. smile.gif
redwulf25
QUOTE (Bodak @ Apr 7 2011, 08:43 PM) *
Normally one has a single erratum or several errata bundled together. I suppose the superplural erratas might be like "peoples"... but it might just as easily be like the "dreamses" and "troopseses" found in The Backstroke of the West.

Or like Baginses?
Bodak
Exactly!
Machiavelli
I am german and in our language stuff like that works perfectly. It is a really handy language that forgives a lot and is still understandable. Sometimes i mix up all the languages i know ...beware of the day i start mixing french or italian in my posts...^^ But of course you are right. Singular: erratum, plural: errata.
sabs
CGL is perfect, why would any of their products need Errata?
Machiavelli
The ironically-looking smilie is missing in the last post.
Ryu
Given the last posts, I assume "iron-ically looking smile" is this one: cyber.gif ?
CanRay
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Apr 9 2011, 04:48 AM) *
The ironically-looking smilie is missing in the last post.

We really need a sarcasm font.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 9 2011, 09:03 AM) *
We really need a sarcasm font.

Seconded.
Machiavelli
agree...somebody shall open a poll.^^
Draco18s
QUOTE (Ryu @ Apr 9 2011, 06:26 AM) *
Given the last posts, I assume "iron-ically looking smile" is this one: cyber.gif ?

Careful, you might attract the attention of an Anvil of PUNishment. They're made from high grade irony.
Machiavelli
Do you know the little umbrella from wile-e-coyote? This one protects from the anvil.^^
Draco18s
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Apr 10 2011, 02:00 PM) *
Do you know the little umbrella from wile-e-coyote? This one protects from the anvil.^^

Ohhh. Might have to fire up T.A.T.T.L.E. then. devil.gif
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Apr 8 2011, 09:16 AM) *
I am german and in our language stuff like that works perfectly. It is a really handy language that forgives a lot and is still understandable. Sometimes i mix up all the languages i know ...beware of the day i start mixing french or italian in my posts...^^ But of course you are right. Singular: erratum, plural: errata.

next challenge:
Moose
A)Moose
B)Meese
C)Mace
D)Mooses
E)Moose interesting man in the world
Tyro
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Apr 10 2011, 12:42 PM) *
next challenge:
Moose
A)Moose
B)Meese
C)Mace
D)Mooses

Look up the Great Vowel Shift. I dare you.

Hint: "Mice" used to be pronounced "Meese".
CanRay
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Apr 10 2011, 02:42 PM) *
next challenge:
Moose
A)Moose
B)Meese
C)Mace
D)Mooses

It's Moose.
Tyro
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 10 2011, 04:12 PM) *
It's Moose.

I know, just pointing out why English pronunciation is so different from most of the rest of the world.
longbowrocks
I thought "Moose" was different because of the word's native roots, rather than because of our tomfoolery.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moose
KarmaInferno
Meese?

-k
Tyro
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Apr 10 2011, 05:54 PM) *
I thought "Moose" was different because of the word's native roots, rather than because of our tomfoolery.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moose

Sorry, I didn't intend to link the great vowel shift with the word. My bad.
longbowrocks
Right-o.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012