Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Syndicates in Hong Kong
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Audious
Running a game in Hong Kong where the players ended up there after having to leave the US. Which HK syndicate would be most likely to hire foreigners with little/no guanxi? I'm thinking maybe a Red Dragon lieutenant who needs an invisible hand to get some superiors out of the way, 10k Lions attacking the Red Dragons or the Vory picking up some fellow vanillafaces to carve out a more powerful position without their name attached to the jobs.
Wesley Street
QUOTE (Audious @ Apr 12 2011, 11:23 AM) *
Running a game in Hong Kong where the players ended up there after having to leave the US. Which HK syndicate would be most likely to hire foreigners with little/no guanxi? I'm thinking maybe a Red Dragon lieutenant who needs an invisible hand to get some superiors out of the way, 10k Lions attacking the Red Dragons or the Vory picking up some fellow vanillafaces to carve out a more powerful position without their name attached to the jobs.

The Ten Thousand Lions might be willing to give newbie foreign runners a break and build a relationship given their slightly more open policies toward non-Chinese. I would only see the Red Dragons, the Smoke Circle or the 289s using the runners as one-shot disposable assets. But the Kim Dragons or the Tolo Vory would probably be an unknown foreign runner's best shot.
Audious
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Apr 12 2011, 01:51 PM) *
The Ten Thousand Lions might be willing to give newbie foreign runners a break and build a relationship given their slightly more open policies toward non-Chinese. I would only see the Red Dragons, the Smoke Circle or the 289s using the runners as one-shot disposable assets. But the Kim Dragons or the Tolo Vory would probably be an unknown foreign runner's best shot.

Confirmed what I was thinking, thanks. smile.gif

Vory it is!
Megu
Honestly, I suspect for any of the syndicates, your lack of guanxi relationships is the whole point. So I'd actually say the most integrated into society of the syndicates would be most likely to hire you; Red Dragons or Smoke Circle come to mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012