Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you could have one piece of Cyberware....
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Bushw4cker
If you could have one piece of Cyberware or Bioware what would it be.

I think I would have to pick Cybereyes
nezumi
Cyberarm with the works and extra chrome. That sort of thing is a ladykiller (literally, if necessary).

Once the matrix is out, a datajack. I hate to give up style for functionality, but it takes me WAY too long to update my twitter feed.
Pepsi Jedi
Cybereyes with the works on them.
Perfect vision
Built in AR
Updatable skins at a mere thought.
Night Vision
ect
Xahn Borealis
Datajack.

In fact, as soon as I amass a fortune and locate a surgeon and an electronicist (or whatever the job title is) I intend to get one.
Rasumichin
Cyberears with audio enhancement, selective sound filter, spatial recognizer, balance augmentation and damper (wideband hearing would actually be pretty far down the list).
I'd want to have the full sensory package, but if i can choose only one piece, i'd rather stick with glasses than earplugs.
Next on the list would be a vehicle control rig.
Sixgun_Sage
Move By Wire, do I really need to explain it?
Xahn Borealis
Actually, my top three would be

1. Datajack
2. Headware Commlink
3. Move-by-Wire 3 biggrin.gif
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Sixgun_Sage @ Apr 20 2011, 06:33 PM) *
Move By Wire, do I really need to explain it?

You do not.
Minchandre
Probably just an implanted Commlink, really (preferably with an image link in my eyes). That would be super awesome. Further that, a Math SPU and Encephalon would be handy in my line of work, though the Essence cost of the latter would be pretty intense.
Xahn Borealis
Just the entire contents of Shadowtech as a cybersuite? That counts as one piece, right?
CanRay
It's Bioware, but Cerebral Booster.

Maybe it'll actually be a fix for whatever is up with my head.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (CanRay @ Apr 20 2011, 06:43 PM) *
whatever is up with my head.

Cobwebs?
Doc Chase
I'd settle for replacing both of my feet with cybernetic replacements (including a heater so the significant other never complains about cold feet), and the datajack. Really, if they could just wire a USB port to my nervous system so I could get these friggin' documents done faster, I'd be a happy drone.
nezumi
Why do people keep putting in datajacks? Is the assumption that the entire matrix infrastructure will be there to support the full immersion business and the other option is using a trodenet? Or is there something else I'm missing? In 2011 the best thing datajacks would seem to offer is, at best, a discrete USB storage drive. Datajacks don't let you manipulate data without a computer, and the computer required is specialized to accept neural inputs.
The Shuhite
I think I'd want skill wires. It'd be awesome to be able to anything with no training.
Draco18s
At the moment nothing. Although due to the fact that I have herpes (cold sores is herpes, people. It's not limited to your junk. Hell, you can get it in your esophagus*) and wear contacts, cyber eyes might be a good plan.

*God that must suck. Herpes itches like a bitch. Think chicken pox, only concentrated into an area the size of a pencil eraser.
KarmaInferno
An Otomo body.

-k
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Again a callout for Bioware... A Sleep Regulator.
If it absolutely had to be Cyberware: I would go with Milspec Grade Implanted Comlink. Or a Datajack. or a CyberEye Package. wobble.gif
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 20 2011, 05:42 PM) *
Again a callout for Bioware... A Sleep Regulator.
If it absolutely had to be Cyberware: I would go with Milspec Grade Implanted Comlink. Or a Datajack. or a CyberEye Package. wobble.gif

If I could choose one of each? Cyberyes for cyberware and sleep regulator for bioware, hands down.
If I could only choose one of them, I think I'd go with Sleep regulator ("Hello being awake at 3AM").
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Apr 20 2011, 03:37 PM) *
If I could choose one of each? Cyberyes for cyberware and sleep regulator for bioware, hands down.
If I could only choose one of them, I think I'd go with Sleep regulator ("Hello being awake at 3AM").

Indeed... smokin.gif
Squiddy Attack
Datajack.

Or a cerebral booster; that'd be great.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Apr 20 2011, 06:41 PM) *
If you could have one piece of Cyberware or Bioware what would it be

I'd go without cyber or bio in exchange for one sole gen-therapy in about 40 years: Leonization
fazzamar
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Apr 20 2011, 08:02 PM) *
I'd go without cyber or bio in exchange for one sole gen-therapy in about 40 years: Leonization

This
ShadowPavement
Uh. Clean Metabolism & Dietware for the win.

Perhaps a sleep regulator as well, just so I have enough time to do all the stuff I need and want to do.
Fyndhal
QUOTE (ShadowPavement @ Apr 20 2011, 07:55 PM) *
Uh. Clean Metabolism & Dietware for the win.

Perhaps a sleep regulator as well, just so I have enough time to do all the stuff I need and want to do.

My thoughts exactly.
Scyldemort
This is Genetech, I know, but Léonization plz? Also, the ability to get it done every 15 years or so?
Lacking that, skillwires would be amazing.
Kyoto Kid
...raiding the Bio vats again...

Enhanced Articulation. No longer having to wake up every morning and deal with the pain and stiffness of arthritis (as well as munching down Advil like M & Ms) would be a godsend.

If just limited to chrome, a third modular Cyberarm. Would make sooo many everyday tasks sooo much simpler.
longbowrocks
Synaptic booster 3.

"You finished your homework? Good! I got my masters degree while you were on problem 1, all the while playing Oblivion with my left foot and writing a program to do your homework with my right." grinbig.gif

Maybe not that crazy, but still, living life at 1/4 speed. Unfortunately, everyone would seem incredibly dull and slow.
nezumi
You know most movie players won't play subtitles or sound above 2x speed, and I don't think you can boost video games up at all. Can't comment on how happy your wife would be. Still, I'm sure you'd get a lot of reading done.
Blade
Sleep Regulator, though I'm pretty sure I'd be too skeptical about long term effects to use it all the time.
I guess a Cerebral Booster, Mnemonic Enhancer or Encephalon could be useful both at work and in the daily life.
A penile Implant could be fun. Not that I have any problems (who said that it had to replace the existing one anyway?), but come on: "all night, every nights and she'll never know".
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Blade @ Apr 21 2011, 02:18 PM) *
(who said that it had to replace the existing one anyway?)

No one ever said that, it's completely rules-legal to get modular penis hands.
Chrome Tiger
Cyber eyes with the works. Imagelink, smartlink, thermo, low light, flare comp, magnification, recording. Of course, I would then need to figure out how to get my firearms to talk to the smartlink. wink.gif
sabs
Personally, I'd want the nanohive, with the immune system nanos and the clean metabolism nanos.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (sabs @ Apr 21 2011, 07:56 AM) *
Personally, I'd want the nanohive, with the immune system nanos and the clean metabolism nanos.

Another Good Choice, though I would go with Learning Stimulus Nanites as well.
Udoshi
Why go with the learning stim when you can get the Wildcard with it too?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Apr 21 2011, 08:09 AM) *
Why go with the learning stim when you can get the Wildcard with it too?

Indeed... The best of the best... wobble.gif
sabs
and a rating 6 nanohive can have 6 different nanites in it smile.gif that's a whole lot of love.
Nanosymbiotes.
Learning Stimulus
Limbic
Neocortical
O-Cells
Trauma Control System
Thanee
None, it would hinder my Magic. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Draco18s
QUOTE (Thanee @ Apr 21 2011, 11:52 AM) *
None, it would hinder my Magic. wink.gif

As much as I would agree with you, I'd rather have slightly less magic and not have an incurable disease that makes me blind whenever I get stressed for extended periods of time (such as having a cold, or a tough week at work).
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 21 2011, 09:57 AM) *
As much as I would agree with you, I'd rather have slightly less magic and not have an incurable disease that makes me blind whenever I get stressed for extended periods of time (such as having a cold, or a tough week at work).

Shouldn't Astral Sight cover that for you though? smile.gif
Not to mention all the spells that can Cure such maladies.
Shaikujin
Is a cyborg body considered only 1 piece of cyberware?

Otherwise, the SR4 version (no TLE syndrome, yay!) of move by wire 3 is pretty cool, esp since it works as skillwires 5 too.

Other cool stuff I have considered having -
The first time I saw the cranial cyberdeck and the math SPU in Shadowtech, my thoughts were "Damn, wish I had these in my school days, would have made those test papers so much easier" biggrin.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Apr 21 2011, 11:59 AM) *
Not to mention all the spells that can Cure such maladies.

Let me rephrase:

I'd rather have slightly less magical potential and not have an incurable disease that makes me blind whenever I get stressed for extended periods of time.

Because in all seriousness, I'm likely to have herpes keratitis before I'm 50. We'll probably have good cybereyes by then, but not magic.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 21 2011, 09:20 AM) *
Let me rephrase:

I'd rather have slightly less magical potential and not have an incurable disease that makes me blind whenever I get stressed for extended periods of time.

Because in all seriousness, I'm likely to have herpes keratitis before I'm 50. We'll probably have good cybereyes by then, but not magic.

Heh... Gotcha...
Understandable indeed. cyber.gif
nezumi
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Apr 21 2011, 10:49 AM) *
No one ever said that, it's completely rules-legal to get modular penis hands.

Indeed, but she'd probably figure out something is up.
sabs
QUOTE (nezumi @ Apr 21 2011, 05:29 PM) *
Indeed, but she'd probably figure out something is up.

But would she complain
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (sabs @ Apr 21 2011, 10:32 AM) *
But would she complain

Likely not...
Draco18s
*Laughs!*
And here's why I laughed:
[ Spoiler ]
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Apr 21 2011, 09:40 AM) *
*Laughs!*
And here's why I laughed:
[ Spoiler ]

There you go... smile.gif
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Apr 21 2011, 12:51 AM) *
Synaptic booster 3.

"You finished your homework? Good! I got my masters degree while you were on problem 1, all the while playing Oblivion with my left foot and writing a program to do your homework with my right." grinbig.gif

Maybe not that crazy, but still, living life at 1/4 speed. Unfortunately, everyone would seem incredibly dull and slow.

There have been a few comic books that covered "a day in the life" of super-speed characters.

Most of the time, their days are really frustrating. Imagine standing in a slow moving queue for something when your mind works ten times faster than everyone else. The Flash once commented that he HATES getting thrown into the air by opponents, because at that point he's only as fast as the rules of inertia let him be, and he has to wait til his feet contact the ground again to regain his superspeed. The frustration of dealing with an agonizingly slow world is also one of the given reasons why Quicksilver is such an asshole all the time.

-k
KCKitsune
Having just one piece of ware is REALLY tough. I would also go with the Léonization.

Now if I could have three pieces of 'Ware I would go in this order: Léonization , Nanohive, Commlink with simsense module built in.

The reason I said commlink rather than cybereyes is because of SIMsense. If you go blind and deaf, just get cameras and microphones and you're good to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012