Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do these pieces of cyberware do?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Adarael
So, I need your community help. I'm printing out sheets for my game tonight, and I wrote them up while I was at home, and had access to my books. Unfortunately, I didn't make note of what certain pieces of cyberware *do* in my PDF sheets, and I'd rather not scribble in the margins if I can help it. So I was hoping people could give me a hand in terms of what the mechanical benefits of certain pieces of Cyberware do, so I can edit the sheet and print it before I head home:

1) Math SPU. I seem to recall this added +2 to electronic warware and mathematics tests, yeah?
2) Control Rig Booster 3: This adds +3 dice to vehicle actions when directly jumped into a vehicle, yeah? Does it do anything else?
3) Neocortical Booster 3: I totally don't remember what this does.
Nebular
Math SPU: +2 dice pool modifier to all tests focused on the user's mathematical abilities, as well as to any Electronic Warfare tests involving encoding or decoding.
Control Rig Booster: +3 bonus to the character's Piloting skill when jumped into a drone or vehicle via VR. No other bonuses.
Neocortical: +3 dice pool modifier to all Logic-connected Skills, as long as the character is able to concentrate on the problem at hand without major distraction or encroaching stressful situations.
Adarael
Many thanks!
Yerameyahu
That last two are nanoware, technically. smile.gif

Don't forget that, as a direct skill boost, Control Rig Booster 3 only works with natural skill 6.
Wraith235
I cant find Neocortical Booster anywhere so Like Nebular and Yera I assume your talking about Neocortical nanites
Adarael
Yeah, the character has a Nanohive in him, as well.

On the Control Rig Booster: wouldn't it work for a skill of 5, as well?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Adarael @ Apr 21 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Yeah, the character has a Nanohive in him, as well.

On the Control Rig Booster: wouldn't it work for a skill of 5, as well?

Could go either way. I have seen tables that say yes, and some that say no. By STRICTEST ruling, you need a Skill of 6 for the Rating 3 version.
Adarael
Meh, I'll be liberal and let him roll with the +3 at a rating 5 in the skill, I guess.
Yerameyahu
*shrug* Attrib max is round down, so Skill'd be the same. But rounding is mostly up to GM, if the book isn't 200% crystal clear. I'd always round toward 'less powerful'.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Apr 21 2011, 02:00 PM) *
*shrug* Attrib max is round down, so Skill'd be the same. But rounding is mostly up to GM, if the book isn't 200% crystal clear. I'd always round toward 'less powerful'.

Less powerful is good. Most of the time... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012