Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4A Errata
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bigity
Is there an official errata for SR4A? I'm assuming there is only one printing, but I can't find any reference to printing run in my pdf.
Jhaiisiin
To my knowledge, yes, only 1 printing and no errata yet.
Bigity
Gracias, I looked all over the official site and their forums, but didn't see anything for that book. Been away from the game a few years and trying to catch up smile.gif
KarmaInferno
I know there are German language errata-corrected printings of SR4A around.

No, the errata has never been released as a separate document.

I would suggest bothering Catalyst for the errata, but people have been bothering them for years now about it and still so far, nothing.

-k
redwulf25
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Apr 27 2011, 07:06 PM) *
I know there are German language errata-corrected printings of SR4A around.

No, the errata has never been released as a separate document.

I would suggest bothering Catalyst for the errata, but people have been bothering them for years now about it and still so far, nothing.

-k

I swear if I hit the megamillons or powerball jackpot I'm buying Catalyst and making them get their act together.
ggodo
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ Apr 27 2011, 04:12 PM) *
I swear if I hit the megamillons or powerball jackpot I'm buying Catalyst and making them get their act together.

Don't bother, they'll just loot you and maneuver you out of the company.
redwulf25
QUOTE (ggodo @ Apr 27 2011, 09:16 PM) *
Don't bother, they'll just loot you and maneuver you out of the company.

Hard to maneuver someone out when you've been fired and replaced with someone competent.
Jhaiisiin
LOL True
longbowrocks
Isn't this it?
http://www.shadowrun4.com/wp-content/uploa...R4A_changes.pdf
It's already been incorporated into the books. My pdf doesn't include it, but ggodo has 2 hardcopies with the errata in print.
Mäx
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Apr 28 2011, 09:33 AM) *
Isn't this it?
http://www.shadowrun4.com/wp-content/uploa...R4A_changes.pdf
It's already been incorporated into the books. My pdf doesn't include it, but ggodo has 2 hardcopies with the errata in print.

No that's a document listing some of the changes from SR4 to SR4A, but i would stay as far as i can of that document, as it contains changes that aren't actually in the book.
Bigity
I'm starting to get the feeling that the state of SR4 errata is....erratic at best.
HeckfyEx
No that's a document listing some of the changes from SR4 to SR4A, but i would stay as far as i can of that document, as it contains changes that aren't actually in the book.

Probably because these changes are errata.
CanRay
QUOTE (Bigity @ Apr 28 2011, 08:53 AM) *
I'm starting to get the feeling that the state of SR4 errata is....erratic at best.

More like non-existent.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Mäx @ Apr 28 2011, 10:44 AM) *

Well the linked to document was supposed to replaced with a full errata at a later point, but then the economic issues hit. Basically, publishing erratas take up time that the staff could instead use to create new books that is then sold for profits. In comparison there is no profits in doing errata documents. This in much the same way that there is little to no profits in providing firmware updates once a device have been sold, while making a new device with a updated/corrected firmware do.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Mäx @ Apr 28 2011, 01:44 AM) *

Do you mean some changes that aren't in the book? Because the one I'm looking at right now has been consistent with that pdf (so far, I haven't grudgingly gone over every detail). My SR4A PDF on the other hand, contains none (few? Again I haven't checked them all) of those changes. So at least some of that PDF is chages to SR4A, and not SR4.

Wierd, it's kind of unclear:
"Additionally all existing SR4 errata through
version 1.8 were incorporated and a few more added"
But I guarantee you that many of these changes are not in my SR4A pdf, but are in the hardcopy I have here.

If you're looking for SR4A errata, this is the most recent I've seen.
Draco18s
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ Apr 28 2011, 11:59 AM) *
Do you mean some changes that aren't in the book?

Right. IIRC the changes document is "pre-forum bitching." That is, we saw the changes that were coming and provided feedback (such as the drain on direct combat spells, the new OR ratings, etc) which then caused additional changes before the book went to the press.
longbowrocks
So, then... that pdf is the final errata document?
What should I be comparing to? Is there a more up to date SR4A pdf that doesn't correspond to those changes?
Draco18s
I think there's a newer PDF, yes. Check to see if the extra drain for direct combat spells is optional or not in your PDF.
longbowrocks
Wouldn't be in my pdf. I have the pre-book pdf.
I'll try finding a newer one.
hobgoblin
One should get a email when a updated pdf is released, iirc.
longbowrocks
Ah, thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012