Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bin LAden Dead
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kyoto Kid
>>>Breaking News<<<

On another front a report has been released at about 10:05 EDT, that Osama Bin Laden was killed just outside of Islamabad, Pakistan.

Additional details indicate that the incident is said to have occurred about a week ago with release delayed until positive DNA confirmation could be made.

The President is expected to address the nation in a short time on the situation.
CanRay
KK, just a warning, this heavily leads to Politics...

That said, I got my drink ready. I remember the bastards dancing in the streets during 9/11. I'm damned well going to be celebrating this guy's comeuppance!
Kyoto Kid
...just the messenger.

Though I do have a shot of fine Potato Wodka in front of me.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ May 2 2011, 12:18 AM) *
...just the messenger.

Though I do have a shot of fine Potato Wodka in front of me.

Already drinking my apple cider!
toturi
What? No shedim?
CanRay
Rum and coke and sober thoughts. I can't really think of this as a celebration in my mind...

I remember far too much the bastards dancing in the streets as the towers fell. I will not become the thing I hate.
Yerameyahu
I guess he was an important symbol, for both sides. For us, only because we went to so much trouble to make him one. And it only took a decade! Woohoo.
CanRay
Better a clean kill than a bunch of civilian casualties.

Don't forget how hard it can be to kill a man. Sir Salman Rushdie proved that.
Yerameyahu
That's true, we've got plenty of civilian casualties everywhere else. I'm not saying, 'don't count this as a win'. Just that it doesn't seem very significant, especially after so many years. If they'd nailed him in 2002, very impressive.
CanRay
Fair enough. Going to be a hard time ahead, no matter which direction things go...
Kyoto Kid
...after hearing some of the real details of the mission, all of which went down over the weekend, I have to say...

One helluva slammin' Shadowrun there Mr President.

...I wonder if he ever played in college?
Faraday
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ May 1 2011, 09:36 PM) *
That's true, we've got plenty of civilian casualties everywhere else. I'm not saying, 'don't count this as a win'. Just that it doesn't seem very significant, especially after so many years. If they'd nailed him in 2002, very impressive.

Maybe if they hadn't dicked around in certain other countries... But I digress. While I'm not particularly exuberant, it is nice to know that 11 years and many billions of dollars haven't been completely wasted.

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ May 1 2011, 10:19 PM) *
...I wonder if he ever played in college?
He graduated about 8 years prior to the 1st edition even being available. Barring time-traveling shadowrun fans, I doubt it. nyahnyah.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ May 2 2011, 12:19 AM) *

LARP par excellence!

And, just because he wasn't able to play in College doesn't mean he wasn't able to play. wink.gif
ggodo
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ May 1 2011, 10:19 PM) *

I want to mail him a jumpsuit and a banner that says "Mission Accomplished."

Was that too political?
Faraday
QUOTE (ggodo @ May 1 2011, 10:43 PM) *
I want to mail him a jumpsuit and a banner that says "Mission Accomplished."

Was that too political?

Maybe, maybe not. I enjoyed a good chuckle though.
CanRay
Close, but the mission isn't done yet. I'd hold off on the banner.
CanRay
Coles Notes version of the speech.
Faraday
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 1 2011, 10:45 PM) *
Close, but the mission isn't done yet. I'd hold off on the banner.

I feel a need to re-iterate. First part is relevant.
Wolfgar
Funny thing is when NBC cut away to cover this breaking news, it cut into the Apprentice's show time.

Engineering a news event to cut into a rival's popular TV show? That sounds like a job for some runners.
CanRay
Or good politics. And, after the roasting that Donald got at the press dinner not so long ago...

I'm thinking there's some depth to the current US President that has yet to be seen...
Faraday
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 1 2011, 11:17 PM) *
Or good politics. And, after the roasting that Donald got at the press dinner not so long ago...

I'm thinking there's some depth to the current US President that has yet to be seen...

Or unseen. Maybe he's just like that.
Grinder
4. Discussion of politics, religion, and sex are prohibited, except as they directly pertain to Shadowrun or another game. Discussions on these subjects will be watched closely, and any innapropriate posts may result in warnings or suspensions.

20 post and still no connection to Shadowrun? This one's closed, before it gets ugly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012