American N

Armor (1000„)
Camouflage Jacket (Wilderness)

Weapons (1660„)
Defiance T-250 w/ sling, 30 rounds (Reg) Ammo
Remington 990 w/ imaging scope, sling, 30 rounds (Reg) Ammo
Cavalier Deputy w/ Concealable Holster, 30 rounds (Reg) Ammo

Vehicle (25400„)
GAZ P-179 w/ Gunrack, Off-Road Suspension, Off-Road Tires, Ram Plate, Searchlight, Winch (Standard), Gunports (2), Nitrous Injection

Pet (10000„) (500„ extra a month to Lifestyle)
Daisy (Hellhound)

Commlink (300„)
Metalink w/ Vector Xim Operating System (1/1/1/2)

Gear (21135„)
100 Kilos (400 Sticks) Dynamite Fake SIN (Rating 4) Gator McKlusky
5 Kilos TNT Fake License (Rating 4) Cavalier Deputy
10 Blasting Caps Fake License (Rating 4) Paranormal Pet Permit
10 Radio Detonators Automotive Shop
6 Timer Detonators 300 extra Rounds Defiance T-250
Certified Credstick (3D6 x 50„) 300 extra Rounds Remington 990
Knife 200 extra Rounds Cavalier Deputy

Custom Lifestyle (4900„ a month)
Comforts (Low) Homegrown Farming (1) Green Plan (-1)
Entertainment (Low) No Neighbors (1) Black Hole (-2)
The Necessities (Low) Rural Home (2)
Neighborhood (Low) Reinforced Housing (3)
Security (Low)

Contacts (12BP) Type Connect Loyalty
Mary Joe Armorer 3 3
Billy Bob Humanis Chapter Leader 4 2
longbowrocks
What about jury-rigging?
MK Ultra
Ah sah, ah likeŽum biggrin.gif
Bushw4cker
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ May 6 2011, 06:02 PM) *
What about jury-rigging?

OHHH good idea!!!
Nebular
Haha. I like it. I may need to "borrow" this for a game at some point. smile.gif Your Essence should be 1.2 instead of 1.6 though. Both of your pieces of 'ware have an ESS cost of 2, so Second-Hand Standard would make them 2.4 each.
Dez384
You could save some 15 BP by being an Ork, but that might not fit with the fluff of the character.
Epicedion
Some folk'll never lose a toe, but then again some folk'll..

This guy should be from Alabama.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Quite Entertaining... I like him... smile.gif
Halflife
I love a good character with personality
Dez384
QUOTE (Halflife @ May 6 2011, 02:09 PM) *
I love a good character with personality

needs to be a good personality.
eyeBliss
QUOTE (Epicedion @ May 6 2011, 12:04 PM) *
Some folk'll never lose a toe, but then again some folk'll..

This guy should be from Alabama.

"I could call my ma while I'm up here. Hey ma! Get off the danged roof!"

I like that his native language is American. You could give him a specific dialect, possibly "Merican". I second his Alabama residency.

Bigity
Definitely more Mississippi flavored.

Because the only point of Mississippi is for people from Alabama to have someone to make fun of.
Jekolmy
Is Home Ground: Rural too broad? You may want to narrow that down a bit. Other than that I really like the flavor of the character.
CanRay
QUOTE (eyeBliss @ May 6 2011, 01:57 PM) *
I like that his native language is American. You could give him a specific dialect, possibly "Merican". I second his Alabama residency.

Actually, having had to deal with folks from all around the USA, "American" actually is a heavy dialect of English.

Surprisingly, I usually had the easiest times with those calls. But I was just lucky, my co-workers at the time would froth at the mouth and collapse under their desks in fear of the accent.

The only issue I had was being mistaken for a Yankee. But, as that pissed me off by a very large degree that I couldn't even control myself long enough to hit the mute button before spouting hateful things about such a declaration, it became a non-issue very quickly.
longbowrocks
What does Yankee mean here? In Japan it seems to be synonymous with American or Englishman.

*here = USA. I took that for granted since the comment appeared to be stemming from the US anyway.
Nebular
QUOTE (Jekolmy @ May 6 2011, 04:56 PM) *
Is Home Ground: Rural too broad? You may want to narrow that down a bit. Other than that I really like the flavor of the character.

If you want to narrow it down, you could name his trailer park. smile.gif
Vermithrax
Here in the Southern US "yankee" means someone from the Northern US.
CanRay
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ May 6 2011, 06:30 PM) *
What does Yankee mean here? In Japan it seems to be synonymous with American or Englishman.

*here = USA. I took that for granted since the comment appeared to be stemming from the US anyway.

I'm Canadian, BTW. nyahnyah.gif

In the Southern USA, it denotes the Northern US States, North-Eastern to be closer to the mark. It's a cultural thing. Apparently there was some little spat in the USA awhile ago that left some bad feelings. wink.gif
longbowrocks
Strange... I wasn't aware of there ever being any sort of north/south division of the US, even along the 39th parallel. You Canadians and you crazy rumors. Next you're gonna say we have some kind of biff with terrorists. grinbig.gif
Dez384
mad.gif WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION! mad.gif
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Dez384 @ May 6 2011, 06:00 PM) *
mad.gif WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION! mad.gif

*can't tell if serious...*

Just checking: we're all talking about the civil war, right?
Dez384
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ May 6 2011, 09:04 PM) *
*can't tell if serious...*

XD Yes, the American Civil War. And that was sarcasm.
Epicedion
By modern standards, in American English a Yankee is someone who lives north of Virginia on or about the eastern seaboard. In the proper South (Georgia and the Carolinas) this is mostly just a regional identifier to indicate someone who may not be fond of sweet tea, but give them a few years and before you can say "how y'all doin'?" they'll come around.

In the deeper South of Mississippi and Alabama, it may have additional meaning, but we lost contact with those folks sometime in the 1920s and can't really say for certain.

The term may also be used to refer to Floridians in the winter months.
Dez384
There is a reason why Florida isn't part of the CAS in 2072...
CanRay
QUOTE (longbowrocks @ May 6 2011, 08:04 PM) *

US Civil War/War of Northern Aggression/"Oh look, the Separatists are having a bit of a spat". nyahnyah.gif
Dez384
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 6 2011, 10:05 PM) *
US Civil War/War of Northern Aggression/"Oh look, the Separatists are having a bit of a spat". nyahnyah.gif

Interestingly, Lincoln recognized the South as a Sovereign nation when he declared a blockade, but according to the Declaration of Paris of 1856, a blockade is only legal if it can be enforced. The Union only had 4 ships at the ready to blockade from Virginia to Texas. Since the Union couldn't enforce the blockade, it wasn't a legal blockade by international standards, and therefore the Union didn't technically declare the Confederacy as a sovereign state, which is congruent to what the Union had been saying all along.
longbowrocks
QUOTE (Dez384 @ May 6 2011, 07:21 PM) *
but according to the Declaration of Paris of 1856, a blockade is only legal if it can be enforced.

This is gold on par with Shadowrun's rules for taking the magician quality: "don't take this quality if you don't intend to play a mage".

On the declaration side: anything is legal if it can be enforced. Maybe not legal legal, but who's going to stop it if it can be enforced?

If someone can stop it, it can't be enforced. I hope the mastermind behind that clause received a Darwin award soon after.
KarmaInferno
The big problem with "don't take this quality if you don't intend to play a mage" is that everyone's definition of what constitutes a mage differs.

-k
Halflife
I interpret Magician to be someone who uses magic, knows that it makes them special, and consciously accesses his magical abilities as a primary part of his character. Rather than say, a sam or a face who happens to know how to lay down a stunbolt.
Epicedion
I believe that particular "rule" is mostly there so that people don't buy Magician just to learn Counterspelling to protect themselves from magic.
Dez384
QUOTE (Epicedion @ May 7 2011, 10:32 AM) *
I believe that particular "rule" is mostly there so that people don't buy Magician just to learn Counterspelling to protect themselves from magic.

If you were going to do that, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy Mystic Adept instead?
Udoshi
I think the real question is, how do we make this character a Redneck Ninja too? (this is a music link. I heartily recommend listening to it. Its worth a laugh)
CanRay
Redneck Lesbian Elf Stripper Ninja?

OK, having flashbacks to the wake I attended at a strip bar. No elves, but...
Audious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tIzP3Te05E
warrior_allanon
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 7 2011, 06:01 PM) *
Redneck Lesbian Elf Stripper Ninja?

OK, having flashbacks to the wake I attended at a strip bar. No elves, but...

damn canray, i really need to move to canada, better strip clubs, better wakes, and more SR than down here in sunny pensacola......but then theres the whole cold and snow thing......maybe i'll just stay here and try and get you to come down.

rotate.gif
CanRay
Better strip clubs? Not really. Redneck Strippers. *Shudders* And it was only the one wake we had there.

As for more Shadowrun, not really. Pup The Dog Shaman may never see the light of shadow. frown.gif

I also don't travel well. frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012