Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout: New Vegas
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2
LurkerOutThere
Right i have played and loved most of the Fallout series, i'm just not sure how you'd implent vehicles well in a F3 style world. I wouldn't mind seeing random encounters thrown into F3 and New Vegas but that might be hard to code without it getting over other things.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 26 2011, 09:51 PM) *
"A pistol is the weapon you use to get to the long arm you should never have been away from in the first place.", if I recall correctly.

I like the fully-modded .45 SMG, however (Which seems to be a combination of the Thompson M1928 and M1A1.). A lot better than the 10mm SMG, that's for sure. Especially considering that I have the Handloader Perk and over a thousand rounds of 10mm to strip and a whole lot of empty .45 Brass to fill with Wildcat loads. Jury Rig Perk helps, too. Get some cheap service rifles, and...

I need to go through and update my mods. I have very little .45 brass. I like my ammo mod since it lets me break down all that dynamite to make powder - and about the only time I use a sidearm is if I need to be quiet and pop heads from a distance. Like the 3 Fiend bosses you need to assassinate - I use my 10mm silenced to blow a leg off before the dogs know what's up.

I believe you can also use the Workbench to make Weapon Repair Kits now (or at least one of my mods allows it) so now I scavenge if I need to, but if it's something that requires expensive equipment to repair (like that gauss rifle), I can just pop my WRK out and it's hunky-dory.

I also see vehicles as a problem in the F3 universe as there just isn't enough transportation infrastructure left to use them. NV could, most definitely! Roads are still there and mostly clear (and it would be a hoot to use those vehicles when finding undiscovered locations). In DC? Unpossible.
Voran
Honest hearts has a couple nice perks that get added to your potentials list that will still be useful in the main game. I did it around level 18 or so, gained a few levels through it as well. The Imperial perk is pretty useful, while the equivalent rebel one is useful, but more for the main game rather than the DL itself. I'm a little disappointed with the .45 itself, but that's largely because I've already got access to weapons of .44 and.....45-70? I forget, the one that goes in the big hunting magnum.

On the other hand I also use mods, like the gnome ammo refill unit, which lets you swap out weapons and give inf-ammo to companions, so I gave a companion a tommy gun and he's doing pretty well.
CanRay
Raul in his Vaquero outfit with a Drum-Equipped Tommy Gun?
Tiralee
Sorry - I'm running a 360 as my PC is ~ 7 years out of date for anything. frown.gif (Well, except MW4 - that was such a nice surprise:))

I remember the Morrowind mods being pure distilled awesome. Sort of makes sense that people would be ready and able to adapt F3 with ease, after that.

-Tir
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012