Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghost Stories
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Method
Hello fellow Dumpshockers.

Next Friday I am going to a run a game for a new group. Its a mixed group that includes at least 1 relatively new player and at least 1 old hat. The group is a 300 BP "up and coming" type game, and the team has most of their bases covered in terms of team roles (if all the players can make it). At this point my focus is giving them easy(-ish) runs so the newbs can learn the system and generating future plot seeds.

To that end, the plot is this:

The runners are approached by an Orc general contractor named John Swift who runs a small construction company called Swift Construction Inc. He wants hire the runners to provide site security and investigate potential corporate sabotage: two days prior a crane collapsed at the worksite injured 2-3 workers and set them back weeks. He suspects a local gang, who has been leaning on the site for protection money.

In addition to the gang, there is a group of Humanis thugs who actually are planning to hit the site. They work for some shady individuals who belong to a policlub/urban renewal think-tank called the New Millennium Alliance (bonus karma to anyone who gets the pop-cultural reference) who secretly have an anti-metahuman agenda (which will come into play later in the campaign).

But the real culprit behind the "accidents" is going to a Specter who's Haunt and Chain are somehow tied to the construction site and reveal some dark... something. The Specter will reveal itself (angrily) when the Humanis goons attack the site, if runners haven't figured it out before.

What I need is ideas for who the Specter is/was and what the dark secret is. Maybe something related to the New Millennium Alliance? I have some ideas for a Mayan Cutter plot... maybe the specter is a victim? Maybe something else all together?

If you have any ideas or things you've done in your game, throw them out. As a bonus, I'll post a map I'm working on as a sign of my appreciation. smile.gif
CanRay
So when the ShadowGang pulls the latex face mask off, will it be Old Man Jenkins who runs the amusement park?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 19 2011, 03:07 PM) *
So when the ShadowGang pulls the latex face mask off, will it be Old Man Jenkins who runs the amusement park?

Heh... And he would have gotten away with it too..... wobble.gif
CanRay
Speaking of the ShadowGang...
Method
There's a big difference between SR and Scooby Doo: in Scooby Doo none of the ghosts are real. Anybody who makes that assumption in SR wont be making it for long... biggrin.gif
CanRay
"Do you remember Billy Two-Blades? Well, he's back." "How, we dumped him into a wood chipper. Feet first." "Yeah, he took that kind of personally."
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Method @ May 19 2011, 06:19 PM) *
There's a big difference between SR and Scooby Doo: in Scooby Doo none of the ghosts are real. Anybody who makes that assumption in SR wont be making it for long... biggrin.gif

Someone hasn't watched the new Scooby Doo on Cartoon Network....

QUOTE (CanRay @ May 19 2011, 06:22 PM) *
"Do you remember Billy Two-Blades? Well, he's back." "How, we dumped him into a wood chipper. Feet first." "Yeah, he took that kind of personally."

Hack / Slash
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012