Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Build A Character
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fionnoulla
Hello All, Yet Another Help me build a character Thread...

A Player's Son (14 y/o boy) Wants to get into Shadowrun and needs a character to play this weekend. My overall idea is to have him play a Jason Bourne-Like concept (since it has a high cool factor for him and he will be able to relate to the character as he has seen all of the Bourne movies)
So keep in mind this is a new player and the character has to have a "High Cool Factor".

Cyberware or Adept (Your Choice)

My Gaming Group is playing in NYC.

Criteria:
400 BP or 750 Karma (Your Choice)
Additionally +35 Points of flaws - (From Required Flaws)
(You can fudge the limit slightly since the rest of the group has a few runs of karma already)

Required Qualities:
+25 Amnesia (Full)
+10 Hung out to dry
-10 Erased (Fast) - To make up his lack of SR experience and allowing for some mistakes along the way

And Go...
Makki
I'll not finish it, but something to start:

Human

Bod 4 (+2 for dam resist)
Agi 5 (9)
Rea 4 (8 )
Str 5 (7)
Cha 3
Int 4
Log 3
Will 3
Edge 4

Qualities
Blandness, as he is hard to find
Restricted Gear 2x, as he was Gov funded
your stuff

Skills
Close Combat Group 4 (5), that's what he mostly uses
Pistols 5, he uses pistols all the time right?
Etiquette 3, he knows how to blend in
Stealth Group 2
Athletics Group 3
Perception 4, he notices everything

'Ware
Muscle Aug 2
Muscle Toner 4
Move-by-Wire 2
Reflex Recorder Close Combat
Synthacardium 3
Bone Density Aug 2
TheOOB
Well, I think with that concept 'ware is the likely way to go, helps add the "Where did I get the 'ware" question. I'll see about whipping something up here in an hour or so.
Headshot_Joe
QUOTE (TheOOB @ May 20 2011, 12:20 PM) *
Well, I think with that concept 'ware is the likely way to go, helps add the "Where did I get the 'ware" question. I'll see about whipping something up here in an hour or so.

Adept could actually have the same thing. "Where did I get these abilities?"
sabs
If you're going ware, throw in Attention Co Processor 3 it's the worlds cheapest 3 dice ever.
Udoshi
QUOTE (sabs @ May 20 2011, 02:51 PM) *
If you're going ware, throw in Attention Co Processor 3 it's the worlds cheapest 3 dice ever.

I was just going to suggest this myself. Its cheap, effective, and absolutely does help notice things.

I'd throw in the Hawkeye quality from RC. It helps with shooting people, and spotting things, and helps explain why he doesn't have cybereyes.

Quick-n-easy-gear. You want to cover some of the basics, without dumping a ton of annoying to learn rules on someone all at once.

Forgot the Dodge skill.

Fake sin, r4 + 3 random licenses. Two of these.
A motorcycle. For coolness factor, I'd might suggest a Harley - its a recognizable brand.
A core-book Iball, with upgraded sensors mod(1 slot), gecko tips(1 slot), and chameleon coating(1 slot after errata). but -without- the Limited Maneuverability mod. I'm pretty sure the kid will go nuts trying to think of ways to use an invisible rolling spy camera.
r4 Glasses. Flare comp, smartlink, vision mag, thermo.
Colt Government 2066 pistol (one point of RC saves time learning recoil).
An Ares Light-Fire with stick-n-shocks.
Leather Jacket, Actioneer Business suit(every man needs at least one good suit), and a chameleon suit for sneaking about.
Commlink. Response 5, system 5, firewall 5, Signal 5. Analyze, Browse, Edit, Command, Encrypt, Scan, Stealth.
two months middle or high lifestyle.
Datajack, with a skinlink accessory.
Medkit rating 6(the only rating), two refills.
redwulf25
QUOTE (Udoshi @ May 20 2011, 10:00 PM) *
Datajack, with a skinlink accessory.

One of the worst choices in the game. In 4th edition there is little a 500 nuyen.gif .1 essence data jack can do that a 50 nuyen.gif 0 essence cost trode net can't.
Manunancy
Though there's far more of a cool factor in plugging in rather than putting your grandmom's hair-holding net on your head...
Faraday
QUOTE (redwulf25 @ May 20 2011, 07:21 PM) *
One of the worst choices in the game. In 4th edition there is little a 500 nuyen.gif .1 essence data jack can do that a 50 nuyen.gif 0 essence cost trode net can't.

I tend to find it hard to justify a datajack bought with essence, but it's a great cyberlimb capacity filler.
Thanee
I pretty much always take a Datajack, when I have a cybered character. It doesn't cost much, and it's nice to always have a DNI available.

Sure, game-wise it is pointless, as trodes do the same thing. Same with most eye-/ear-enhancements.
But it is still advantageous (i.e. less suspicious) to have the stuff implanted.

Bye
Thanee
Udoshi
I didn't really want to derail the thread with 'lol datajacks are useless', but, basically, i agree with what thanee says. Its more to sell the setting to a new player. ("you mean a have a hole in my head I can plug a computer into? Like neo? Sweet!" "Well, its more like a thumbdrive than a big spike, but yeah, you do").

My group tends to be big on disguise, and you can't always take trodes with you. Datajacks are common, unobtrustive - nobody gives them a second glance cuz everyone has them. If there's a chance they can get removed/torn off, and you use vr(most people do, even if its cold), then there's slight(perhaps very slight) risk of getting dumpshock if your connections.

Basically, if you have a datajack, its DNI nobody can take away from you. If you already have ware, its very cheap to tack on. Occasionally, I've used the 0.1 essence from a jack to tip the scales between bio and cyber to a more favorable outcome, so its not like they don't have their uses. At the high end, beta and deltajacks have excellent bang for your buck if you plan on doing any clustering.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012