Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, why did *your* mage hit the streets?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Wakshaani
So, in THIS corner, you have a six figure salary, stock options, job security, PHYSICAL security, access to cutting-edge spell formulae, lodge and binding materials, and opportunity for career advancement, plus all the corporate honey you could ask for.

In THAT corner, you have drekky food half-warmed up, a matress that could highlight a medical journal, an itch from a bullet wound that never has healed right, three warrants for your arrest, and your friend on the team offered to set you up with that Ork in the lobby ... pick up the tab and everything!

So what makes it all worth while? Why does your mage keep at it when going corporate is so rewarding.
Bugfoxmaster
I've played two magicians, and have one in the group I'm currently GMing. I'll answer for them all.

The first magician I played had a serious attitude problem. He really, really hated the SYSTEM and everything about the SYSTEM. He also was, if you couldn't guess, vaguely anarchist and couldn't stand not being in charge of everything. EVERYTHING. As a result, he sort of went about micromanaging things in his team and about his jobs, but at least he was in control. He just couldn't stand the idea of being a part of something that controlled his actions.

The second was much more interesting - he was a disillusioned musician and romantic whose girlfriend disappeared during the crash. He looked around for her, but never could find her, and assumed she'd ditched him. As a result, he sort of became a loser drunk and didn't really USE his magic for anything, eventually becoming the bartender at a random runner bar, and he got picked up because the team adept (with Astral Perception) noticed that the drunken sot of a bartender happened to be a Magic 6 Magician. From there he improved, but really, he never thought about ditching the team, especially after the Adept's death and his thus becoming the team's official leader. Eventually, though, he did just become rich and powerful enough to retire, and he did - he never really wanted to BE a runner, it sort of found him.

My current team's magician is a psychopathic serial killer with a deadly temper and a like for keeping trophies of his kills. Only he doesn't like killing with a spell or gun - he likes making people kill themselves with Control Actions, while they're still able to watch and pay attention. Yeah, he's a bit fucked up. He's probably gonna die from SOMETHING, though. But you can probably see why he wouldn't fit into a corporate environment...
LurkerOutThere
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ May 25 2011, 05:57 PM) *
So, in THIS corner, you have a six figure salary, stock options, job security, PHYSICAL security, access to cutting-edge spell formulae, lodge and binding materials, and opportunity for career advancement, plus all the corporate honey you could ask for.

In THAT corner, you have drekky food half-warmed up, a matress that could highlight a medical journal, an itch from a bullet wound that never has healed right, three warrants for your arrest, and your friend on the team offered to set you up with that Ork in the lobby ... pick up the tab and everything!

So what makes it all worth while? Why does your mage keep at it when going corporate is so rewarding.

Because it's the cheap path to power in magic run, 10 BP's for the ability to do EVERYTHING? Sign me up. smile.gif

/RUNS!
Kesendeja
My current mage used to work for the Tir Military doing very sensitive work at Crater Lake. Durring a hostile extraction attempt by Aztecnology she learned that the new security team had orders to kill her if it looked like the extraction would work. They didn't succeed, but after she escaped (with help) from Aztecnology she figured it was safer in the Seattle shadows than going home.

She hasn't sold her info yet because who would believe her, and she still holds a bit of loyalty to the Tir (not the government or military).
LurkerOutThere
Why would aztechnology let her free after going to the trouble of getting her out of there?
CanRay
The only Magician I've made is Pup the Dog Shaman, who was dropped off at a Catholic Orphanage in the Puyallup Barrens. He wouldn't get his SIN until he was of legal age and kicked out by the Nuns.

Let's just say he's a very, very angry man and has problems with authority.
Kesendeja
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ May 25 2011, 09:40 PM) *
Why would aztechnology let her free after going to the trouble of getting her out of there?

She escaped with the help of a runner team sent and containing her half brother. It's the one she runs with now.
suoq
The problem with corporate work is that it requires mental stability and the ability to see their version of reality as valid...

IRL, I have a hard enough time dealing with neurotypical people as it is. I don't want to imagine the difficulties of being corporate while having the ability to see things that are really there. Living a life where your prized possessions are the bowl of concert stubs and a pair a shades a friend gave you makes sense to me. I can see choosing that over the corporate world you describe, especially if someone has had a taste of both and realizes which one they're comfortable in.

Pegs like the holes they fit into.
KCKitsune
My combat medic mage is running the shadows because the system is not trying to help find his sister. The shadows and those that run them are his best bet in finding her. I have already decided that if my character finds her, he's retiring from the shadows.
CanRay
No one would hire a male magician whose first name is "Sue"?
TheOOB
In a ritual with a dark spirit to gain more power he accidentally killed fellow a MITT student and love interest. Now runs away from his past.
Hagga
The very first one I ever played refused to step aside for anyone. Ever. Anywhere. Regardless of situation, figuratively as well as literally. (He died when he refused to step aside for a team of Red Samurai). Not a big corporate thing.

The last one because he was a very old man who was around during the original Awakening and never cared enough to join a corp and was much happier being the Shadowrun Wandering Jew. Why give up the freedom to go anywhere and be anything he wants for a regular bed?
Wakshaani
Digging through mine (From the 320 point challenge), what do I have handy?

Lord Prometheus, MASTER of flames, is, in reality, sixteen year old Corey Stewart, a pimply-faced, voice-cracking nerd of a magician who fancies himself the king of all matrix chatrooms and future Archemage of Philadelphia. Corey has a fairly normal middle class lifestyle, living at home in his Cave of Transcendence (his room) and holding a part-time job as a clerk at Kwikee Burger, where he just moved up from janitor to fry-flipper. He's a sophmore in high school, where standardized testing missed his magical talent when he was younger due to Crash 2.0 wonkiness. Indeed, he's only recently come into his magical skills, having blundered into them a year ago during a chance encounter with a free spirit. Napoleon stumbled into him during a training excercise and hired him on the spot ... sure, Lord Prometheus is a geek and a magical newbie, but, he's still a magician, painfully rare in the shadows, and one young enough to be easily molded. He was terribly easy to rope into something as cool as Shadowrunning, with a few neat toys and promises of adventure a golden lure.

Corey himself is a fairly typical, if geeky, teen, dreaming of getting a car, a girl, and beating up the school bully with one lucky punch, not neccesarily in that order. He's a chatterbox online, hopping into dozens of conversations, but isn't elite by any stretch, often biting off more than he can chew. His last COmmlink got fried after he torked off an actual hacker who trace-and-burned his machine, but Napoleon got him a better one, which he's now starting to use. Napoleon even tossed in the latest Virtual Girlfriend from MCT, which has gone over quite well.

Corey tends to rely almost exclusively on fire elementals for spiritual backup, wears fire-themed clothes when possible, colors his hair red ... you could say that it's a theme. His contacts are cosmeticly enhanced to glow red, which is so much more wiz than his usual brown eyes that he rarely takes them out. His fake driver's liscense is tied to his real SIN, not his fake, and lists him as 18 years old.

Corey tends to be a bit loud and obnoxious, driven by his hormones more than he should. He lives at home with his mom and rebels against all those rules, but, well, his parents are his parents, so he doesn't go much beyond bemoaning the unfairness of life or slamming his door. His personality is basicly a brash teenager, a bright kid that's deeply geekenated, with a sort of recklessness that only the immortality of youth can bring. He's got a crush on Princess, and has recently found out that getting a buzz and passing out is quite cool.

Frankie Jay's an Untouchable... a Shadowrunner who got caught, tagged, and went to
prison. Not jail, jail's for parking tickets... no, he went to Lone Star baton-in-the-ass
prison. Ten years of lockdown is enough to drive any magician to the edge, and, while
in the pen, he broke, rolled over on some old friends to get out of the extreme level of
restraint that magicians are forced into, and wound up being beaten so badly that he
wound up losing an eye, his left hand lopped off as a warning. By the time he was out,
Frankie was a broken shell of a man, and life hasn't gone well for him since.

Born Frank Jelinek, Frankie Jay gave up his street name after his release, hoping to
get a fresh start under his real name. He found that the real world was unforgiving of
his time as convict while teh shadow community was unforgiving of his snitching and
wary of being 'tainted' by someone who'd been enprisoned. He turned to metal to
mend his injuries, adding more chrome as his magic bled away, hoping that the
next little piece would be enough to make up for his weakened mojo, drifting down
the path of the burnout. A lifelong drinker, Frankie's depression over his situation
turned to the start of alchoholism, unable to face his own daily demons. As he lost
touch with his mojo, he further turned to occasional doses of Deepweed, to try and
touch the untouchable.

Frankie's desperate at this stage, at the end of his rope and bank account. He'll
take almost any job, figuring that he's got no further to fall, and still has enough
magical talent to help a team out... and magic's a rare enough commodity on the
street that there are those who'll overlook his many, many shortcomings to have
his help. It's been enough to keep him in booze and whores, if only just, and a
roach-covered roof over his head, but, if something doesn't happen to break the
cycle, he simply won't end well.

(Frankie Jay was a stab at the old "Burned Out Mage" concept. Oh my lord, was he hard to build!)

A third (Not written up in full yet) was simply a Corp Kid on the mage path but who went to college, got to experimenting and wound up slipping into the environmental movement, ditching her corporate ride through university to hook up with EcoRebels. The corp keeps an eye on her, convinced it's "Just a phase" and that she'll come back as soon as the first Shadowrun goes sour. They'll be there to bail her out and sweep her back home, where she belongs.
Tyro
Mephistopheles ("Call me Faust") is a religious fanatic from an anarchist cult - God (All gods of all pantheons, but they're from CalFree) is the Big Bad Authority Figure™ and must be fought. Since He/She/They/It can't be fought directly, members of the cult attempt to destabilize the world, Fight Club style, in order to weaken Him/Her/Them/It by upsetting the status quo so the oppressed masses (demons, devils, fallen angels, you name it) can mount a revolution and overthrow the tyrannical dictator(s). Yeah, they're a few fries short of a basket. (Mystic Adept face)

the Behdin Adel (A Behdin is an ordained Zoroastrian priest, and Adel is Persian/Farsi for "Righteous") is a Zoroastrian soldier in the war against the forces of Chaos. Zoroastrianism is a monotheistic faith which teaches that the world is order which was formed out of chaos, and that any action, regardless of motivation, affects the balance between those two forces. He belongs to a sect which is a bit more proactive than most, favoring explosives and sabotage to further the cause. When he's not blowing up corporate assets, he teaches history part-time at a community college. (This despite the fact that he has demolitions 4, magic theory 4, spellcasting 4... he likes to teach, and it's a good cover). He has a legal SIN, so he's very careful not to leave evidence behind. (Full magician & demo man)
CanRay
"Are you going to tell Coyote that he can only have a half-hour for lunch?" nyahnyah.gif
Summerstorm
Eh, always depends on the magical type and meta-status... also depending on mentor-spirit or religion etc.. There are plenty of reasons for being a runner, as a mage.

My old character for example:

"Pain" just tapped into newfound magical powers after he was infected and became a vampire (Pretty much only to be tormented by a demented psycho). He was a courier before that... and a bad one at that too. So yeah, no SIN, no training, AND NEEDS TO EAT PEOPLE... not really career material... so he runs around and guts people with his silver-lined wristblades for money *g*.

Doc Byte
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ May 26 2011, 12:57 AM) *
Why does your mage keep at it when going corporate is so rewarding.

Because he has no desire to return. His parents worked for SK and went from Hamburg to Seattle when he was 5. He didn't like Corp-life and when they wanted to put him into SK's bootcamp for young mages he ran away at age 13. He ended up joining a biker gang and hanging out at a talismonger shop, starting to date the owner's daughter eventually. His future mother-in-law taught him how to use his powers. At the same time he met a fixer and got his first little jobs. (Nearly being killed in the course of the first real run, what set him on the course of going cyber, but that's another story.) He managed to survive about 15 years in the shadows (almost never running for AAAs in the premier league) and moved only recently to New Monaco, where he founded a salvage company for historical wrecks and treasures. Today at age 32 he's part-time runner, married according to at least one of his SINs, owns a comfortable livestyle in New Monaco, has a sweet Ford Mustang waiting in the garage and enjoys his sailing yacht. - Why should he even think of returning to the Corp-world? biggrin.gif
Machiavelli
Karma, Black-Magic user, joined the shadows after a spontaneous Surge-Event that transformed her looks completely into a "vampire-like" being. The university she worked as an archeologist and anthropologist was very conservative and dropped her to save his reputation.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 26 2011, 03:17 AM) *
"Are you going to tell Coyote that he can only have a half-hour for lunch?" nyahnyah.gif

Gotta love the old books, eh?
Fortinbras
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 25 2011, 09:39 PM) *
No one would hire a male magician whose first name is "Sue"?

Really? Not even "Art of War" author Sun Tsu? No one from the Sioux nation? No assistant head chefs? An overly litigious class action suit? Johnny Cash?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ May 25 2011, 04:57 PM) *

That is my Mage character background! smile.gif

Raised in a corp creche, identified as a Talent, along with psych profiling and moved into Corporate Security Counter Intel ops group and teams.

Then there's some kind of massive screw up. And the corp Terminates you.... Job security is a myth, the streets are where you can stay alive easier then the cut throat competition of corporate wars.
CanRay
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ May 26 2011, 06:33 AM) *
Gotta love the old books, eh?

Oh do I ever. I wish I had been able to game in those days.

Or today for that matter. frown.gif

QUOTE (Fortinbras @ May 26 2011, 06:57 AM) *
Really? Not even "Art of War" author Sun Tsu? No one from the Sioux nation? No assistant head chefs? An overly litigious class action suit? Johnny Cash?

Maybe Johnny Cash. Of course, he's not around in 2070 for some reason...
AStarshipforAnts
Cassandra grew up the youngest child of a 'kept' magic-heavy family to another family of corporate bigwigs. Predictably, someone got envious and greedy, and Cassandra's parents and older siblings were framed for a crime and sent to jail--leaving her uncle's nuclear family the recently-vacant proverbial Place in the Sun. The trauma of the event caused caused late-bloomer Cassandra to awaken. An hour before a snatch squad appeared at her university dormitory, the kindly Old Man of the Crossroads gave Cassandra a tip off. The young woman went to ground, and found all of her legitimate assets, including her corporate scholarship, frozen.

Three years later, she's rather disillusioned and disappointed by what's happened. She's also been dipping her toes into the shadows just to make ends meet, and find a way to a bit of petty revenge.
CanRay
Damn, but Magicians get the best background reasons for Shadowrunning! Much better than the typical, "I wuz born SINless an' I had ta 'Run to feedz muh famblies." nyahnyah.gif
AStarshipforAnts
IMHO, background is most important. I usually start out with a character, then stat them out later.
Wakshaani
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 26 2011, 05:33 PM) *
Damn, but Magicians get the best background reasons for Shadowrunning! Much better than the typical, "I wuz born SINless an' I had ta 'Run to feedz muh famblies." nyahnyah.gif

Well, you could do one for Deckers, but it'd generally wind up, "Screw the man! Power to the people! INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE!!!"

Then again, that changes a lot at the 320 point level, where a lot of Deckers are, "Man, I want a system that ain't made out of discarded Stuffer Shack wrappers and programs that aren't ten years out of date. Is thats o much to ask?"

Technomancers, meanwhile, have a hefty dose of "Well, if they hire me and find out about what I can do, I'm going to get dissected. No thanks!"

Magicians and high-end deckers are as important as Vice Presidents to a corp, and some might be as valuable as a CEO. Trying to figure out why they aren't collecting that fat paycheck is always an issue. smile.gif
Ascalaphus
He's actually a researcher at a magical university. However, he's trying to infiltrate the shadow community to discover "Street Magic" and bring it back to academia.

He's got useful contacts in "sun-side society", but on the other hand he's not as hardened as most runners; hasn't ever killed anyone, not used to violence (which he tries to bluff).
CanRay
QUOTE (AStarshipforAnts @ May 26 2011, 11:37 AM) *
IMHO, background is most important. I usually start out with a character, then stat them out later.

Thank Ghost I'm not alone in that opinion.

'Course, I'm a writer, so that might colour my perceptions a bit.
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ May 26 2011, 11:42 AM) *
Well, you could do one for Deckers, but it'd generally wind up, "Screw the man! Power to the people! INFORMATION WANTS TO BE FREE!!!"

While cliche, it's still an accurate idea for Deckers.
Sengir
Crime pays...a few thousand Nuyen for a night's work are not a bad rate, and it comes w/o taxes or restrictions on what you spend it for. And you don't even have to wear a suit.
AStarshipforAnts
I like to take cliches and then mess with them a little bit. My decker did live in her mother's basement. And by 'mother', I mean the retired-from-shadowrunning troll that picked the decker up off the streets to live with the rest of her adopted street-gang brood. "You old 'nuff ta work. Call dis number an' git setup wit a team. You wanna new comlink? Work for it. An' don't forgit your gun. Uncle Harry didn't take you to the shooting range fer nufink. Now git! My soaps are comin' on,"
CanRay
Starship, why am I thinking of Lily from "Fallout: New Vegas" when you talk about her?

"Grandma's got a present for you!" — Lily Bowen
AStarshipforAnts
No idea, Canray. I've never played Fallout: New Vegas.

Although, I bet you can imagine the panic that occurred during in-game mothers day.
CanRay
Here's Lily!

So, what did you get her for Mother's Day?
AStarshipforAnts
That's pretty close, actually. Last year she got a panther cannon. Some of the brood forgot about mothers day and called the decker in a panic. It was a joint gift.
CanRay
Aw, you got her a new Devil Rat Gun. biggrin.gif

Now, let's get back on topic before the Mods get too cheesed off. nyahnyah.gif
Aether Guy
Jimmy the troll became a shadow runner due to his grandma, mind you not his rear grandmother just the old dried up troll that appeared in his dreams and head sometimes. Grandma helped to take care of jimmy telling him to brush his teeth to better himself and that if he ever tried to join a corp she would suck out his soul and make a tea cozy out of it. Jimmy for the most part listned, but ever so often he would try and find a nice steady job, but that would made grandma mad as her jimmy was suppose to be out in the rough slugging and slumming it out with the worst of society to prove that he was a troll among trolls. Many think Jimmy is crazy, and so does he most of the time, that is until he needs to fry some thug with flaming mind bullets. So Jimmy runs the shadows to make his grandma happy and to keep her from making him into a tea cozy, the extra money from the runs helps some too.
AStarshipforAnts
A legitimate reason to run if I ever heard one, Aether.
Socinus
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ May 25 2011, 10:57 PM) *

There are plenty of reasons not to want to have the wageslave lifestyle. Others have posted up some good backstory reasons, most of which include a dark past of some fashion, but it doesnt have to be that complex. A mage could just simply not want to live that kind of life. It is safe, but it's also boring, it's not terribly fulfilling to a lot of people, and they see their lives going differently than that.

I had a mage character who started running because he just got tired of a 9-5-6 job and wanted something a little more engaging.

It doesnt have to be Batman to be interesting smile.gif
Whipstitch
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 25 2011, 09:39 PM) *
No one would hire a male magician whose first name is "Sue"

In a tangentially related story, my favorite magician (and perhaps character) was a hedge witch trained by his grandmother to keep the tradition going in the absence of a female heir. On the one hand, I was no newbie and he was a possession tradition so he was plenty powerful when I needed him to be and I munchkined out with him in a few ways. On the other hand, I willfully crippled the poor bastard in a few others. For example, I really played up the "exclusive to women" and the use of cobbled together props angles. This included saddling the poor bastard with Cursed 4 and a geas that required him to carry around the menses of another magician in a vial around his neck.* I also limited a couple of spells to touch range so to turn people to goo he'd do things like blow his nose in his palm before smacking his victim on the forehead. So, yeah, he was really powerful, but his magic would routinely backfire in small ways and overall he was just not well-suited to hobnobbing with hermetics.

*A tricky one to replace if you've pissed off your talismonger lately, lemme tell you.
CanRay
QUOTE (Whipstitch @ May 26 2011, 07:22 PM) *
In a tangentially related story, my favorite magician (and perhaps character) was a hedge witch trained by his grandmother to keep the tradition going in the absence of a female heir. On the one hand, I was no newbie and he was a possession tradition so he was plenty powerful when I needed him to be and I munchkined out with him in a few ways. On the other hand, I willfully crippled the poor bastard in a few others. For example, I really played up the "exclusive to women" and the use of cobbled together props angles. This included saddling the poor bastard with Cursed 4 and a geas that required him to carry around the menses of another magician in a vial around his neck.* I also limited a couple of spells to touch range so to turn people to goo he'd do things like blow his nose in his palm before smacking his victim on the forehead. So, yeah, he was really powerful, but his magic would routinely backfire in small ways and overall he was just not well-suited to hobnobbing with hermetics.

*A bit more inconvenient than people might suspect when you consider that not many magicians will happily turn over something that could be so easily as link materials to another magician. Provided, of course, that you can easily convince them that you really -do- need it and aren't just a total creep.

Too bad you didn't know about Lord Fanny.
Whipstitch
Ah, yeah, I never paid much attention to Grant Morrison.
CanRay
"My Mage didn't hit the streets, the streets hit my Mage!!!"
Hagga
QUOTE (AStarshipforAnts @ May 26 2011, 05:19 PM) *
I like to take cliches and then mess with them a little bit. My decker did live in her mother's basement. And by 'mother', I mean the retired-from-shadowrunning troll that picked the decker up off the streets to live with the rest of her adopted street-gang brood. "You old 'nuff ta work. Call dis number an' git setup wit a team. You wanna new comlink? Work for it. An' don't forgit your gun. Uncle Harry didn't take you to the shooting range fer nufink. Now git! My soaps are comin' on,"

Soap operas would be far more awesome if everyone were trollish, armed with panthercannons and had enough bio/cyberware to qualify is a cyberzombie.
Tiralee
AStarShipForAnts

God, you sound my better half:)

-Tir
CanRay
QUOTE (Hagga @ May 26 2011, 10:00 PM) *
Soap operas would be far more awesome if everyone were trollish, armed with panther cannons and had enough bio/cyberware to qualify is a cyberzombie.

What, you don't watch: "Trogs of Love", "Love-Lorn Litters", and "As The Shadows Run"?
Tiralee
Hmm, better post a few here...

Red: Unexpected and somewhat unwanted child born to Fuchi American Middle Management suits (who collected a decent windfall from Tetragenics Impants: "With our help, your little mistakes won't become a problem"), Lived in Japan/UCAS, orphaned during some aggressive intercorperation juggling, farmed out (Advance Learning Concepts: "Your hope for the future") in a thinly disguised holding-pen/indoctrination centre for corp brats run by a rather unreligious "Holier-than-thou" suspposedly NPR. Luckily, her intense simsense vertigo meant that tranking her down and running sublims through a trode set resulted in more work (in mopping up vomit) then the teaching aides could be bothered with - they let her read and use an isolated system as long as she was able to pass the usual standardized tests.
When she tested out to be a functioning magician, the learning facility sold her ("granted exclusive access to") to an adjunct company (OHR ltd) but she escaped into the Seattle shadows before the exchange could occur. Falling in with a supposed group of Ex-Fuchi wageslave monsterhunters (she had some romance left) she escaped again when she discovered that her worth as a mage was worth a great deal more than the 600 nuyen/head missions these jokers had been organising. Finally 16, she struck out on her own (Happy Birthday to me, drek it) and managed to fall into company with a few types that, oddly, she didn't want to see on fire for the rest of their short lives. 18 months pass, and they've got their own security company happening, her own Spirit familiar and a great deal more options.
As for the shadows, they gave her choices and control over those choices, something that's always driven her.
She's also untrusting, borderline sociopathic, a combat monster, horribly driven, self-educated (glaring holes in her knowledge) and not filled with the milk of human kindness.
[Been in play for, oh, 7 years now?]

Artemis: Ex-model turned shadowrunner after some brutal fellows thought "no" meant "Yes please". Horribly beautiful (the CHA 10 male elf), somewhat dippy, prone to camping out in dangerous situations, thinks the best of people and has ordered, "Diet water, please" at a dive bar after asking for a menu. Although grimy, his fellow shadowrunners haven't done wrong by him once and he craves that trust.
[Fun character, not long for this world if it weren't for the possessed dice that make him see through every falsehood]

And a few other disposables - the majority have either been hurt by corps, discarded by the suits or likewise trampled on the way to the top. The shamen tend also to be loners, kowtowing to the suits really hashes their zen thing, man.

-Tir

Sephiroth
Jovan was a kind-hearted academic and a mundane planning on going into a high-end career field - civil law maybe, or a literature teacher or perhaps a physicist. He got his bachelor's degree and went on a trip to Europe, where he became Infected by a psychotic Essence-starved nosferatu who killed most of his family. The experience also forced him to Awaken. He still follows some of his previous principles, but he's not exactly kind-hearted anymore (obviously). Now he runs the shadows both to gain resources and to gain a deeper understanding of the dark underbelly of society in his misguided existentialist crusade to eliminate "those who conspire to manipulate the masses behind the scenes." He avoids the megacorporate jobs because it would make it easier for the people he thinks are out to get him to track him down and kill him, and would also no doubt add exponentially to the list of enemies who are out to get him/read his mind/monitor his information/spy on him/betray him/any other paranoid thing you can think of.
AStarshipforAnts
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 27 2011, 12:52 AM) *
What, you don't watch: "Trogs of Love", "Love-Lorn Litters", and "As The Shadows Run"?

I catch those every week.

Also, what is this..."Milk of Human Kindness"?
Manunancy
QUOTE (AStarshipforAnts @ May 27 2011, 06:50 AM) *
Also, what is this..."Milk of Human Kindness"?

A literrary figure, meaning the produce (or the best example) of human kindness. Basically a stylish way to say he's a very very nice person.
TheOOB
I had a mage awhile back who slept with his bosses daughter, that kinda ruined the 6 figures a year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012