Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawn of the Artifacts 4 release date?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lebo77
OK, I am having a small problem with the game I am running:

I am about to start running Dawn of the Artifacts 1 for them. If all goes well in about 6 weeks we will play though parts 2 and 3 as well. However, if we finish part 3 and part 4 has not been released, then I am more or less screwed, as they are suposed to be run in order. I guess I could pu the game on hold until the release date, but it would really help if I had a date to go on. It would be no big deal except the adventures specifically say they should be run in order with no breaks.

Help???

longbowrocks
Where are you ggodo? This is your time to shine! While he gets here, I'll give you a synopsis:
The person writing DOTA4 (see what I did there?) eventually became convinced that Catalyst was never going to pay him, and quit. The writer has posted bits and pieces of what he finished across the internet, so you just need to search. Ggodo found a good bit, and will be filling in the blanks himself for our campaign this summer.
ggodo
There will be an official DOTA4 coming out at an unknown time, the bits I found were from part of four and part of the proposed 5th one, the finale to tie things together. As it stands, it looks like the official DOTA4 will be the conclusion, and for legal reasons will look nothing like either of the originals. Rumor puts DOTA4 at or around GENCON, but I don't believe it. Somewhere you ought to be able to track down the partials, the writer goes by Ancient History on here and other forums. Some of the other guys may be able to lead you there, I found them partly by accident and can't remember where.
Prime Mover
After reading the synopsis for DoTA4 I hope the rewrite does it justice. A wild romp from Hong Kong to Neo Tokyo with Karavan in between. With a pretty flashy finally. To be followed up by Harleaquins Gambit which had me Wooting out loud.

DoTA4 Got a rewrite and Jason recently said it was done and just needed to be smacked into shape. As for the follow up I imagine with Gambit being scraped we might see some of the ideas showing up in Artifacts Unbound?
Larsine
Well, even when you do have New Dawn: DotA4 in your hands, you still need Artifacts Unbound to gett the full story.

I would actually suggets running the DotA adventures in order, but with a non-related adventure in between each of them. That way the players realise that they are comming back to something which is tied together. I did that with the original Harlequin adventures, and it worked like a charm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012