Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Matrix Attributes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowWalker
So, under System in SR4A on page 222 it says, "The System program is limited by the base Response rating of the device it is on: if the base Response rating of the device is lower than the System rating, then the System rating is set to equal the Response rating."

Has this changed with Unwired?
The reason I ask is that I found a table on page 48 of Unwired that clearly shows multiple devices with a System greater than the devices Response.
The biggest one being a cred stick. Response 2, System 6.

I've not been able to find anything in Unwired or the FAQ that says this was in changed, the FAQ makes it very explicit that the System is reduced to the base Response.
So although cred sticks apparently have a system of 6 it's reduced to a 2 because that's what the Response is.

If this is incorrect, could someone please point me to the place where it was changed?
Dez384
Peripheral nodes, like credsticks, don't have their attributes limited by their response. This is because they run only programs made to run on those devices.
ShadowWalker
QUOTE (Dez384 @ May 26 2011, 10:37 PM) *
Peripheral nodes, like credsticks, don't have their attributes limited by their response. This is because they run only programs made to run on those devices.

Thanks. Found the spot that talks about that.

On another note.
On page 105 of Arsenal it talks about Pilot upgrades. Does this upgrade the Response as well? Seems like it should require having the response increased as well, but the price only covers the cost of the pilot program.
Are Drones considered peripherals as well?
KarmaInferno
Response is upgraded separately.

Drones are not peripheral nodes, they are standard nodes with Device Ratings, which determines their base matrix stats. Most drones and vehicles are Device Rating 3, Security models are Device Rating 4, and Military models are Device Rating 5. These can be upgraded.

Note that Vehicles unlike other nodes can be upgraded more than current rating+2 if they have the Modular Electronics modification, found only in the SR4A Changes document on the Shadowrun4.com site.

-k
Yerameyahu
The book just assumes you've already increased Response to accomodate your Pilot upgrade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012