Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Optional Rule for Campaigns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bushw4cker
I'm debating using optional rule I created for resisting damage. When the modified damage value doesn't exceed the defender's armor rating, defender would score hit on 4, 5, and 6. I'm also debating doing away with the rule that converts physical damage to stun. For one, it's going to make keeping track of NPC damage in firefights a lot easier, not having to keep track of two condition monitors for each NPC. (Unless of course you have one of those annoying Pacifist PC's using gel rounds or stick-and-shock) This rule is also going to be easier on any magician who wears decent armor.

I appreciate any thoughts, comments or suggestions.
Mr. Smileys
As far as Npc damage tracks goes this is what it says in the SR4A book Page 280.
QUOTE (SR4A pg 280)
Condition Monitors
To simplify matters for the gamemaster, grunts only possess one Condition Monitor that tracks both Physical and Stun damage. The number of boxes on the Condition Monitor is equal to 8 plus half of either Body or Willpower (whichever is higher), rounded up. As grunts take Physical and Stun Damage, record both on the Condition Monitor; when a grunt’s Condition Monitor is filled, he is knocked out for the remainder of combat. Do not track overflow damage. If it’s necessary to determine whether a grunt is alive or dead at the end of combat (for interrogation, for example), make note of the type of attack that knocked out the grunt. If it was Stun damage, or net Physical damage less than the grunt’s Body Attribute, he survives. If the final attack inflicted Physical damage greater than the grunt’s Body, then he dies.

Bushw4cker
QUOTE (Mr. Smileys @ May 27 2011, 09:56 PM) *
As far as Npc damage tracks goes this is what it says in the SR4A book Page 280.

That's one of those optional rules I don't like, Grunts are fragile enough. Anyways I'm considering the rule more for the PC's sake.
Bushw4cker
My group tends to be the shoot first ask questions maybe type, so It's sometimes important to know if NPC is dead or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012