Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drone Initiative
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Carter
When a drone is not conected to a riggers remote contol network, but has been issued a command e.g. kill everyone in a room, how is initiative for th drone determined?

The current rules only state that drones act on the same initiative of the rigger.
Capt. Dave
A Drone's Initiative is dependant on its reaction.
Init is Pilot rating x 2 + 1D6.
You can add to this by desgining the vehicle with Robotic Reflexes, up to a maximum of +4D6
mfb
that requires the robot-pilot advanced programming option, though, which can be pretty expensive. worth it, though, if you do captain's
chair a lot.
AngelGabriel
As long as the drones are not connected to a remote control network they cannot go into combat.
There are 3 possibilities:

1. Start the remote network or CCSS
2. Use the robot pilot system (just as mentioned in the posting above)
3. Use a host to control them via Matrix. This needs a wireless link, a remote control utility (see Matrix for both) and a remote control emulation module (see Rigger 3). But according to the Sprawl Survival Guide this won't be helpful for drones you wanna send into combat. It's a method for cleaning bots!

Well, u see...a rigger is necessary
Backgammon
I don't agree with that.. there must be a way for drones to operate by themselves once you gave them a specific order. If a rigger (especially a facility rigger) tells his drones to patrol and open fire on unauthorized personnel, then the drones need some sort of innitiative roll for they go into combat, no?
BitBasher
As long as the drones are not connected to a remote control network they cannot go into combat.
I believe that's incorrect. R3 explicitly stated that a drone will continue to follow the last orders that it was given. If it's last order was to shoot everyone without an IFF trtansponder that comes out this door, that drone will enter combat as long as it has ammo.
Random Voices
QUOTE (Capt. Dave)
A Drone's Initiative is dependant on its reaction.
Init is Pilot rating x 2 + 1D6.
You can add to this by desgining the vehicle with Robotic Reflexes, up to a maximum of +4D6

I've never liked that. Look at the autonomous gun emplacements in SR3 (they used to be called Sentry Guns). They have much higher initiatives (25 + 2d6?). Why can't drones react the same way?

Either drones should have similar initiatives, or there should be rules for incorporating the Sentry gun computer into a drone to improve it's initiative in combat.
mfb
and then there's the dumb autoguns, which attack everyone in the field of fire every initiative pass. amazing! if two lost janitors stumble into the killzone, they get shot at once every 3 seconds--but if Speedy Gonzales and his friends walk in, they get shot at once a second or more!
blakkie
QUOTE (mfb)
and then there's the dumb autoguns, which attack everyone in the field of fire every initiative pass. amazing! if two lost janitors stumble into the killzone, they get shot at once every 3 seconds--but if Speedy Gonzales and his friends walk in, they get shot at once a second or more!

That is a software feature that makes perfect sense. Why waste bullets on the (s)low threats? grinbig.gif
mfb
i want that software on my drones!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012