Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Advanced Echo
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wolfgar
Heat Sink

Prerequisite: Skinlink

A technomancer with this echo gains the ability to increase the Response rating of any suitable device by +1, providing he is touching it. Through the skinlink connection the technomancer is able to draw heat off of the device, allowing allowing him to overclock the hardware. The device does not
need to have skinlink adaptation. Once the technomacer breaks the skinlink, the device maintains the +1 Response rating for (Level of Submersion) hours.

---
Here's my shot at a new echo. Is it too powerful, underpowered, too crazy to work? Does it fit with the other echoes flavor-wise?

Thanks for any critique -Wolfgar
Udoshi
This seems of incredibly limited utility.

Just what implications, exactly, does +1 response have for a techno, who doesn't care about generic node ratings?

I would, honestly, suggest it be expanded to Device Rating +1, remove the reference about heat (most electronics in SR are optical not electrical) and instead change it to resonance-based optimization. (ai's have something similiar, as do code sprites), and let it be used on Submersion Grade # of nodes at once.
Unlike other echoes which give you dice pool bonuses, heat sink does nothing for a techno's device pool, which makes it more of a support power, which i like.
The skinlink prerequisite also makes no sense. It really should be something like a Stability Plus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012