Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xbox 2 and the shadowrun myth and rumor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
smilbandit
I had heard a rumor that xbox 2 was going to have a shadowrun game for it. So I saw a link to screenshots and info on the xbox 2.

None of the screenshots said shadowrun but on of them looks a lot like a juggernaught. It could just be my hopes but maybe.

Juggernaught

Article here
Xbox 2: A Glimpse of the Future at GDC

It would also be cool if any shadowrun game had the style of the picts with the girl.

Again, just hopeful dreaming and wishing really.
TheScamp
"Juggernaut, I choose you!"
Spark
where did you hear this? and what do we have to search for?
Crimson Jack
I'm convinced that SR is never going to show up on a console system. I've been trying to track down hard evidence of this for a while and have come up with nothing more than speculation. I wish it were true, but I haven't found anything to substantiate the rumors. frown.gif
Synner
Furry juggernauts? Somehow I get the impression this is a little too much wishful thinking.
L.D
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
I'm convinced that SR is never going to show up on a console system.

You mean again. wink.gif
Crimson Jack
Heh, yeah. embarrassed.gif
TheScamp
It doesn't mean squat. This guy saw a still frame of a fuzzy armadillo from a technology demo of the XBox2 which had a bunch of creatures morphing into other creatures, and thought it looked like a furry juggernaut. Which it does, but only becuase juggernauts look like armadillos. There's absolutely nothing at all to suggest an SR connection.
BitBasher
I didn't think juggernauts were furry, are they?
TheScamp
Hence the qualifier 'furry' in front of juggernaut. smile.gif
BitBasher
yeah, okay heh biggrin.gif
Crimson Jack
Yeah, I don't know how scary a furry juggernaut would be, unless it coughed up a car-sized furball.
Shadow
Well would you really notice the fur while you were:

A: Screaming like a little girl, and running away.

B: Peeing your pants, and running away.

C: Suffering a massive coronary, and trying to run away.

I am curious as to how fur would some how make the 6 ton monstrosity with the 28 body dice, less scary?
BitBasher
Because it makes him huggable! biggrin.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Shadow)
I am curious as to how fur would some how make the 6 ton monstrosity with the 28 body dice, less scary?

There's no law against rampaging creatures of destruction being cute.

victim: "Aww, it's eating the populace....and it's coming my way." stands there paralyzed by the excessive cuteness
Fresno Bob
I shall call him Ultra-Peepee!
Glav
QUOTE (Voorhees)
I shall call him Ultra-Peepee!

"I know not of sides, Earth Stink, but I know one thing: Ultra Peepee must be stopped."

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012