Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Junk Guns 1.0 Released!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
G.NOME
Hey guys,

After three, er... four years of toil, heartache and procrastination of the most extreme kind possible, the release version of the Junk Guns firearms supplement is finally available!!!

(Download link from Dropbox)

So if you are looking for the specs on a genuine, old workhorse like an AK-47 or a new classic like the H&K G36, we've go you covered in Junk Guns!

**Note: I don't have War so some parts of this supplement may conflict with new rules introduced with that supplement.**

Thanks to OneRonin and Raygun for providing the initial encouragement and resources (respectively) to get this project started.

To give some background, here is the original 2007 description of what Junk Guns is all about:

I've been working on a supplement that converts a lot of the gun's of Raygun's list to SR4 stats. I also am statting a lot of guns that he didn't, with an eye towards the guns that are commonly out there in general circulation. I was also going to have a list of firearms by country as a resource for GMs.

I thought a list of "old guns" for GMs would be useful. For example, if your players need a sniper rifle "right now" from a gun dealer in Bangkok, what are they likely to find for cheap? Also, what are the drug dealers and militia members in various countries likely to be packing?

I'm putting a lot of research into the guns, not only looking online but also at Raygun's rules and several other resources (TW2K's Infantry Weapons of the World had some nice formulas for calculating in-game damage of various firearms).

I'm also working up some rules that seem like common sense but never have been put into effect (i.e., muzzle brakes/gas vents increase the noise given off by a bullet leaving the chamber and others). I also have an explanation for some of the alleged "wackiness" of SR's gun rules (which make sense for game balance, but a lot of people moan about).

Yerameyahu
Hell, I'll take a look. smile.gif Thanks!

Right off the bat, I see several references to TN. I assume you mean Threshold.
zend0g
It looks very nice. The MP7 and P90 really should have a built-in point of recoil compensation because of their personal defense weapon design. Should the KPV HMG really do 12P damage compared to the others? I think 10P should be adequate. It is nice to that the H2HB compares well to its sniping cousin, the Barrett Model 121. The gap between Barrett and the other HMGs in the rulebooks seemed really strange. But then I normally bump the current MMGs and the HMGs to 7P and 8P damage respectively.
Fortinbras
My first thoughts are that a firearm that adds to the threshold to combat is a bit without president in SR4 and the ADM-65 would be the best SMG in the game. Hardly a junk gun. Same goes for pretty much all of the machine guns.
Other than that I dig it.
G.NOME
QUOTE (zend0g @ May 31 2011, 08:11 PM) *
It looks very nice. The MP7 and P90 really should have a built-in point of recoil compensation because of their personal defense weapon design. Should the KPV HMG really do 12P damage compared to the others? I think 10P should be adequate. It is nice to that the H2HB compares well to its sniping cousin, the Barrett Model 121. The gap between Barrett and the other HMGs in the rulebooks seemed really strange. But then I normally bump the current MMGs and the HMGs to 7P and 8P damage respectively.

Glad you like it!

Let me know if the Mp7 and P90 aren't showing up with 1 point of built-in RC in the spreadsheet... it should be there.

The KPV is 14.5mm, and the shells typically contain some additional mass, which bumps the damage over the top. It's really more of a anti-armor/aircraft weapon than event the 12.7mm Barrett. With that in mind, the 12P felt right to me, but I strongly encourage you to house rule that guns' and any of the other guns here.
G.NOME
QUOTE (Fortinbras @ May 31 2011, 08:35 PM) *
My first thoughts are that a firearm that adds to the threshold to combat is a bit without president in SR4 and the ADM-65 would be the best SMG in the game. Hardly a junk gun. Same goes for pretty much all of the machine guns.
Other than that I dig it.

Good point. It has +1 TN at extended range because it's a carbine, but maybe the AP should be also +1 because it has a shorter barrel. The carbines are kind of hard to stat -- maybe the AMD-65, M4A1, etc. should be included with the assault/battle rifles instead.
Fortinbras
From a GM's standpoint, it might be easier to say a gun has increased recoil rather than saying it has an increased threshold. A +1 TN means a great deal in 3rd Edition, but adds complication without president to 4th Edition.
That being said, I think my players will be all over some of these guns.
PittsburghRPGA
QUOTE (Fortinbras @ Jun 1 2011, 01:45 AM) *
From a GM's standpoint, it might be easier to say a gun has increased recoil rather than saying it has an increased threshold. A +1 TN means a great deal in 3rd Edition, but adds complication without president to 4th Edition.
That being said, I think my players will be all over some of these guns.

Overall a pretty fraggin' cool idea. I'd like to see some of the more popular curio & relic firearms on there. It's hard to find an original Springfield rifle (especially at a reasonable price), but damn easy to find a Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 or M44 for under $100 (depending on markings). And it'd nice to see the Nagant Revolver as it's one of the very few in the world that can utilize a silencer. CZ-52's, Tokarov's, PA-61's, Swiss K-31 rifles, Mauser rifles, P-1's, etc. Heck, in the case of Mosin-Nagants, I'll bet there will still be caches of 7.62X54R ammo laying around for it in 2072.

And the Ammo listing for the SKS should be a 10m. At least all of my friends' SKS's have an internal magazines. Or does 'sc' stand for 'magazine accepts stripper clips' ?

Cordially,

Eric
nezumi
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ May 30 2011, 03:52 PM) *
Hell, I'll take a look. smile.gif Thanks!

Right off the bat, I see several references to TN. I assume you mean Threshold.

I see some references to '10P'. I assume you mean '10M'?
Yerameyahu
Hyuk hyuk. It says 'SR4' at the beginning. smile.gif
nezumi
I know, I just ... *sniff* wish people would think of me sometimes ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012