Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ad for Cyberware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Seriphen
Check out this trailer. It was done for Deux Ex: Human Revolution, but would fit in with Shadowrun perfectly.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sarif-in...-deus-ex/713970
Ghost_in_the_System
Neat. I think the ad has too... light of a feel for SR (though I suppose the corps like to pretend this is how things are), but it still works exceedingly well.

Also, I can't wait for it to come out, had it pre-ordered for quite a while already. Can't wait for my birthday (roughly when it comes out biggrin.gif)
CanRay
Don't forget that the view we get of Shadowrun comes from the Shadows, not from John Q. Wageslave. This is how he views the world.

We get to see it from a place where the gutter is a step up.
Bugfoxmaster
That game looks EXCELLENT. I can't wait for it - it has the Shadowrun feel down pretty hard (well, so did the others, especially the first one). The ad, I could see working because it's exactly how the corps like to pretend the world works (if not how it actually is). Maybe in a pink mohawk game?
redwulf25
Until this thread I wasn't aware they were making a game, I only knew about the comics DC is publishing I think they're up to something like issue 4 of 6.
Ghost_in_the_System
And until you said that I didn't know there were any comics related to this, so we're fair nyahnyah.gif
Lansdren
Now that was cool,

kind of reminds me of the fake adverts that cropped up for the resident evil movies a few years back.

Seriphen
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 8 2011, 06:19 PM) *
Don't forget that the view we get of Shadowrun comes from the Shadows, not from John Q. Wageslave. This is how he views the world.

We get to see it from a place where the gutter is a step up.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw it and wanted to post it. It is a great view of the way some of the megas would try to push these to regular wageslaves. The way shadowrunners would see it would be very different.
CanRay
QUOTE (Seriphen @ Jun 9 2011, 12:52 PM) *
This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw it and wanted to post it. It is a great view of the way some of the megas would try to push these to regular wageslaves. The way shadowrunners would see it would be very different.

"So here's our rack of cyberlimbs." "Why is this one engraved 'Stacy'?" "Oh, that's our discount rack. The arm's previous owner had a girlfriend named Stacy. She hocked it in exchange for some cred to buy some Beetles."

You mean that view?
Seriphen
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 9 2011, 03:19 PM) *
"So here's our rack of cyberlimbs." "Why is this one engraved 'Stacy'?" "Oh, that's our discount rack. The arm's previous owner had a girlfriend named Stacy. She hocked it in exchange for some cred to buy some Beetles."

You mean that view?

That would be one way to see it. The other would be, "I don't really want to know who you stole it from, just that it works."
Cyntax
And for the other side....
CanRay
Ah, Pirate Broadcasts! cyber.gif
Daylen
Rush Limbaugh has been selling cyber ears for a while now. http://www.medcitynews.com/2010/08/rush-li...weekend-rounds/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012