Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: all terrain PMV/UGV?!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
http://www.gizmag.com/dtv-shredder-jackal-...tary-ugv/18990/

And with the potential to carry two grenade launchers even...
KCKitsune
The fact that you can ride it to the battlefield, get your weapons ready, and let some other guy hundreds of miles away take control

It's a force multiplier packing some heavy weapons. I personally would replace the second grenade launcher with a light machine gun... sometimes a machine gun is just what the doctor ordered.
Stahlseele
Where can i order one of those?
Even if i think it's a bit silly and reminds me of this:
http://www.imagesload.net/img/segway-police-squad.jpg
pbangarth
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me we already have an all/difficult terrain motive system that is superior in negotiating terrain and protecting the soldier. It's called legs. I can see the carrying capacity is a plus, but the machine looks to me like a target begging to be disabled.
Adarael
I have two big questions about this thing, to add to pbangarth's concerns:

1) Why do you stand up on this thing? With your legs that close together, it would be better to have it be a seated thing, since you'd be HIGHLY likely to topple over when travelling over steep or difficult terrain - the device's stated purpose.
2) How the fuck do you aim those grenade launchers? Wishful thinking?
Kerenshara
I'm sorry, I look at that thing and all I can think of is the gizmo the genengineered super-leader for Cobra used to ride in the animated G.I. Joe cartoon.

-Kerenshara
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 22 2011, 07:14 PM) *
Where can i order one of those?
Even if i think it's a bit silly and reminds me of this:
http://www.imagesload.net/img/segway-police-squad.jpg

http://bpg-werks.com/
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jun 22 2011, 02:35 PM) *
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me we already have an all/difficult terrain motive system that is superior in negotiating terrain and protecting the soldier. It's called legs. I can see the carrying capacity is a plus, but the machine looks to me like a target begging to be disabled.

Legs?! eek.gif
LEGS?!? eek.gif

You use your legs for walking? question.gif
How primitive silly.gif

Now, I agree, this is stupid, if the whole bonus is the extra gear it may be carried, I prefer using a mule to carry stuff while you walk.
CanRay
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Jun 22 2011, 01:18 PM) *
I'm sorry, I look at that thing and all I can think of is the gizmo the genengineered super-leader for Cobra used to ride in the animated G.I. Joe cartoon.

-Kerenshara
Why not? Arsenal gave us Trubble Bubbles!
Kerenshara
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 22 2011, 01:52 PM) *
Why not? Arsenal gave us Trubble Bubbles!

Thank you so VERY much. Like I needed any MORE reminders that in spite of efforts to make the game both more Pink and more Professional (at the same time), we're still leaking in a lot of Silly.

*thbbbbbbbbbt*

I'm still looking for the erata as to what the bonus is for painting a red stripe on my black (PIMS, of COURSE it's black) van then putting a red spoiler and rimz on the thing.

-Kerenshara
CanRay
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Jun 22 2011, 03:13 PM) *
Thank you so VERY much. Like I needed any MORE reminders that in spite of efforts to make the game both more Pink and more Professional (at the same time), we're still leaking in a lot of Silly.

*thbbbbbbbbbt*

-Kerenshara
Glad to see you're taking it like an adult. nyahnyah.gif Personally, I consider that kind of equipment quite Pink Mohawk, with some actual military applications.

Namely, equipment you issue to the guy that you really want dead and make him do Recon work in it, while the OpFor yells out, "PULL!" when they hear and see it pop up.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 22 2011, 04:02 PM) *
Glad to see you're taking it like an adult. nyahnyah.gif Personally, I consider that kind of equipment quite Pink Mohawk, with some actual military applications.

Namely, equipment you issue to the guy that you really want dead and make him do Recon work in it, while the OpFor yells out, "PULL!" when they hear and see it pop up.

Oooooooh, you're a SICK puppy...

I LIKE it.

-Kerenshara
CanRay
Actually, I see them as probably used the same way that recon helicopters were used back in the day. Satellite time is expensive, after all, especially with Ares owning most of it, and having to put their assets back up into space after Winternight dropped most of them down in an attempt to free Loki from the Matrix.

That makes less sense every time I say it. Good thing they're a cult of nutbars.
Stahlseele
I see them being used as REALLY big FAB Bombs or to dispense REALLY big qunatities of something highly toxic or otherwise unpleasant . .
Kerenshara
Honestly, I'm way more interested in the Mule drone. Carry's a foot-unit's heavy gear so they aren't overburdened on the march and can evac casualties without pulling active soldiers off the line or can automatedly run supplies up under fire without endangering a runner.

Bullets not boddies...

-Kerenshara

CanRay
Only problem with bullets not bodies is that life is pretty cheap in the 2070s. While the Mule will ease a soldier's burden quite well, they're worth, what, five, six Miguels in the Aztlan Army? nyahnyah.gif
Kerenshara
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 22 2011, 05:27 PM) *
Only problem with bullets not bodies is that life is pretty cheap in the 2070s. While the Mule will ease a soldier's burden quite well, they're worth, what, five, six Miguels in the Aztlan Army? nyahnyah.gif

Depends, I guess, on if anybody told Miguel which end of his weapon the bullets are supposed to come OUT of, doesn't it?

-Kerenshara
CanRay
"What? You want TRAINING as well? What do you think this is, the Aztechnology Army? HELL NO! THIS IS THE AZTLANER ARMY, SOLDIER! GO OUT THERE AND FIGHT THOSE... Who are we fighting this week?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012