Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ai's in cyberware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gerzel
Ok looking over the rules for Ais in cyberware I was wondering how an Ai making their home in someones cyber (probably a commlink or high-end specially made nexus) might have it.

Would it be possible to purpose build a commlink or nexus for an Ai to inhabit such that the degradation rate would be slowed? Could a regular influx of nano-repair help with the upkeep?

If the AI was in a cybercomlink and connected to other cyber/bio/nanoware systems what could they do to those systems? Remote control?

Playing with a couple large 15 point + mysterious cyberware PCs here.
The Jopp
Hmm...should work.

Stirrup Interface
Implanted Commlink
Cyberears
Cybereyes
Sim Module

Add AI in commlink.
Add "Multiple Personality Disorder" negative quality
Restricted Gear quality for the Stirrup Interface.
Rootkit Quality (for the AI to hide in the commlink.

The AI could program the SIM module to activate at certain times and put the character in a "Dream State" through the sim module and operate the body through the stirrup interface. The AI can also control sight and sounds and thus record everything the character says and hears when he/she is awake.

It's up to you or the GM if either party is beneficial to the other... MUAHAHAHAHA! cyber.gif
hermit
Planning to build Master Chief?
Yerameyahu
Regardless of what you do, you'll have to pay full lifestyle upkeep costs.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 28 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Planning to build Master Chief?

Deathlok
Yerameyahu
This assumes the GM allows Stirrup for humans, of course.
Udoshi
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 28 2011, 02:43 PM) *
This assumes the GM allows Stirrup for humans, of course.

The best excuse I've heard for that is to NOT use wimps, as horrifying as that implication is.

QUOTE (aug 141)
Before anyone ignites this discussion, note that any noise of
biodrone technology being applied to wimps is just that: noise.
Vat-grown neural and limbic systems just don’t develop to the
point required. - Butch

However, we know that -traditional- cloning techniques do work just fine in shadowrun. No forced growth tricks, just genetweaking an embryo and letting them grow up. There's a background story that's been brought up a few times in one of the SOTA books(2064, i think?) about a lesbian couple having a similiar procedure done (injecting foreign genetic material into an egg to control the outcome) in order to have a kid.

Or the much more horrifying implication: That stirrups DO work on people. Who may not agree to submit to being implanted with bodyjacking ware. After all, its a move by wire with a remote control, and we know that move by wires work on nearly every cybersammy these days.

Shodan, however, may approve.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jun 28 2011, 03:09 PM) *
The best excuse I've heard for that is to NOT use wimps, as horrifying as that implication is.

However, we know that -traditional- cloning techniques do work just fine in shadowrun. No forced growth tricks, just genetweaking an embryo and letting them grow up. There's a background story that's been brought up a few times in one of the SOTA books(2064, i think?) about a lesbian couple having a similiar procedure done (injecting foreign genetic material into an egg to control the outcome) in order to have a kid.

Or the much more horrifying implication: That stirrups DO work on people. Who may not agree to submit to being implanted with bodyjacking ware. After all, its a move by wire with a remote control, and we know that move by wires work on nearly every cybersammy these days.

Shodan, however, may approve.

And yet, Whimps make great Clonal Brains for Cyborgs? I honestly do not see a difference in using a Whimp for its Brain for Clonal Borgs, and using a Whimp for a Biodrone. Why, exactly, is one good and not the other?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 29 2011, 12:13 AM) *
And yet, Whimps make great Clonal Brains for Cyborgs? I honestly do not see a difference in using a Whimp for its Brain for Clonal Borgs, and using a Whimp for a Biodrone. Why, exactly, is one good and not the other?

Magic.
Yerameyahu
Cuz the book says so, Tymeaus. Duh. smile.gif

--
I'm not saying there's a reason human Stirrups can't exist. I'm saying it's not clear from the RAW that they *do* for players.
crash2029
Forcibly abducting barrens denizens and implanting them with stirrups + xenosapient pissed off AI = Zombiepocalypse
Teulisch
rather than one big thing, a synergy of multiple smaller things can do the job. for instance, the combination of cyberware backdoor with a headsafe results in a small library of personafix chips that can run when given a command signal remotely. an effective way to create a sleeper agent for 10 points of hidden ware. somewhat creepier if it makes you sleepwalk...

bioware and nanocybernetics are also a good choice for mysterious ware. using another implant as its hive, mysterious nanoware could provide a lot of potential options such as the potential to release very specific drugs or even diseases. a bioware endosymbiont could do something similar but with chemical triggers instead of a comm signal. this could create a 'patient zero' time bomb. on the other hand, the mysterious ware could be creating and supplying an addiction, and on command it will shut off thus leaving you with a severe addiction to something rare and expensive which only this Mr. Johnson can provide to you.

another interesting option would be mysterious transgenic geneware, the result of experimentation on the poor characters pregnant mother. this would be a good excuse to give another disadvantage as a genetic disorder. an allergy to neurostun perhaps.

Christian Lafay
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Jun 29 2011, 01:28 AM) *
Forcibly abducting barrens denizens and implanting them with stirrups + xenosapient pissed off AI = Zombiepocalypse

You say that like it is a bad thing.... Now we need to find a way to have AI "breed". "Go, my children... MWUAHAHAHAHAH"
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 28 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Cuz the book says so, Tymeaus. Duh. smile.gif

--
I'm not saying there's a reason human Stirrups can't exist. I'm saying it's not clear from the RAW that they *do* for players.

Heh... Yeah, the RAW is very ambiguous about that. Probably because it is generally outside the constraints of a typical Shadowrun Campaign. smile.gif
Stahlseele
like cyberzombies and jarheads, and we still have rules for them . .
Sengir
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 28 2011, 10:13 PM) *
And yet, Whimps make great Clonal Brains for Cyborgs?

Does Augmentation actually mention whimps as source, or just "clonal brains"? Because a cloned brain could also have matured without accelerated growth techniques...

Edit: Augmentation, p. 162:
The source of the cyborg’s brain has an impact upon its performance and skills. The brain may come from a child, an adult, or a clone grown at normal metabolic rate. Each of these has a distinct set of advantages and disadvantages.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012