Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do Jackpoint regulars know about Harlequin?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stormdrake
Am trying to write up a profile that regular members of Jackpoint could put togather on the individual known as Harlequin.
As players we have access to a lot of info about Harlequin but what would a character who is running the Shadows and in the good graces of Jack Point be able to dig up? Do Jackpointers even know about IE's?

Rubic
Plenty of gossip and false information, no doubt, among the actual facts.
LurkerOutThere
Depends if Frosty opts to chime in I suppose.
Prime Mover
Almost nothing unless they've had some interaction. If they've run either Harleaquin adventure there information would depend on how the GM ran the interaction. We played almost daily for a few years during 1st and 2nd edition and over time my players became well versed in the behind the scenes "truth". But for most of my current 4th edition team rumor and conjecture is all they got.
Blade
About Harlequin... not much. Maybe one of them will remember the guy who blew himself up when working on a spell or something. Frosty knows but won't tell.
About IE in general, there are conspiracy theories about immortal elves. There are some curious facts that could "prove" them, but most people will dismiss all this as just another conspiracy theory.
Daddy's Little Ninja
Just from observation that he plays as an equal with the major hitters, but since there isn't much available on him the way there is on the Great Dragons or elven princes there is a lot of room for a lot of guesses, right and wrong. Runners who went through both Harlequin adventures and fought at his side do not really know much about him.
Rubic
They come to this world to enslave us with their cold, black hearts, and GREAT, FLAMING EYEBROWS!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/im...pq2gpr.jpg/sr=1
PoliteMan
Some of them probably have...suspicions.

The Aztech discussion released enough info to probably whet some curiosities. There's enough there for someone to dig into and someone like Fastjack can dig pretty far. Additionally, the file was presumably released by two Dissonant Otaku, there's a decent chance that Puck has access to some of that info. Qualifiers abound but it would explain what he was able to trade for access to Jackpoint. Of course, it's difficult to tie TheLaughingMan to Harlequin.

The possibility of IEs has been know since the Tir book was released. Elven immortality is a known possibility, including immortal spike babies for the more crafty shadowrunners.

I would say some of the older and savvier runners, like Fastjack and the Smiling Bandit, would have some info, probably limited to the following.

The user known as TheLaughingMan:
-is a peer and rival of Ehran
-might be very, very old
-travels in very powerful circles, warranting the respect of Great Dragons
-highly unlikely to hold any significant corp or political position
-is really good at hiding
CanRay
QUOTE (PoliteMan @ Jun 29 2011, 10:02 AM) *
The user known as TheLaughingMan:
-is a peer and rival of Ehran
-might be very, very old
-travels in very powerful circles, warranting the respect of Great Dragons
-highly unlikely to hold any significant corp or political position
-is really good at hiding
You forgot: "Is Batdrek Crazy!" nyahnyah.gif
Stormdrake
As CL released Jackpointers a while back listing ten runners, I have to ask would Horizons "Concensus" have been able to discover more? As one of the individuals mentioned in that release is "Man-Of-Many-Names" himself a pretty big man of mystery.
CanRay
Remind me how many straight answers we've gotten out of Names? One? Two?
Stormdrake
CanRay,
I do not believe we have ever gotten a straight answer out of Names but as the "Consensus" has managed to put togather a pretty good file on him what might they have on Harlequin?
CanRay
QUOTE (Stormdrake @ Jun 29 2011, 11:57 AM) *
CanRay,
I do not believe we have ever gotten a straight answer out of Names but as the "Consensus" has managed to put togather a pretty good file on him what might they have on Harlequin?
A box full of marzipan and kittens? spin.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (PoliteMan @ Jun 29 2011, 05:02 PM) *
The Aztech discussion released enough info to probably whet some curiosities.

As in the Aztlan book?
hermit

Thanks for reminding me of this abomination again. It's basically a compilation from his appearances in novels and 1st/2nd edition books. Because Horizon Knows Everything.

At least, Horizon is a highly original Mary Sue.
CanRay
Or there's a legit reason for them knowing everything...
ggodo
And doesn't that scare the crap out of you?

I think I'mm going to do something with Horizon once my team finishes DOTa, it'd be interesting.
Faelan
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 29 2011, 06:49 PM) *
Or there's a legit reason for them knowing everything...

The Resonance just wants to form a Consensus with the really, real world.
MJBurrage
What about the speech (Humans and the Cycle of Magic) Ehran gave to the Young Elven Technologists circa 2050 ?
CanRay
QUOTE (ggodo @ Jun 29 2011, 07:32 PM) *
And doesn't that scare the crap out of you?
Considering a few of my own personal theories of what Horizon is really up to, not really.

And that includes being just a Megacorporation that wants to make boatloads of money so that Gary Cline can sleep on a pile of it with many beautiful women.
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 30 2011, 05:05 AM) *
Considering a few of my own personal theories of what Horizon is really up to, not really.

And that includes being just a Megacorporation that wants to make boatloads of money so that Gary Cline can sleep on a pile of it with many beautiful women.

I imagine Shinra. Tracking down spots of high mana, sucking them up, and doing god knows what with it.
CanRay
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jun 29 2011, 11:12 PM) *
I imagine Shinra. Tracking down spots of high mana, sucking them up, and doing god knows what with it.
Shinra: A small but proud division of Horizon. nyahnyah.gif
hermit

Too bad Aztech has done this since a long time (remember the Fovae?).

Horizon seems, like Ghostwalker, a loose end that refuses to be tied up. I'd say it's high time a GD gets whacked, and dragons in SR get dialed down a notch - and that Horizon's ascent and varrious "plot points" get wrapped up somehow too, even if this will result in crap like the Xfiles aliens.

------

Meanwhile, on topic:

Erhn never talked about Harley in his books. Most people think Erhan is some esotheric popular science author anyway, the cycles of Mana theory was in dispute for a long time, and hos books are supposed to be extremly shallow and full of self-praise. Probably not the best read.

The YET are his personal policlub, btw. They like to kill elf posers who give elves a bad name on the side when they'Re not busy worshipping the ground Erhan steps on.
CanRay
Further proof that if you lack the raw ability, no amount of practice or training can make up for it. nyahnyah.gif
Blade
There's something I've never really understood with Ehran's speech. It's supposed to be the speech that brought the concept of "6th world" that everyone uses, but nobody seems to realize what it implies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012