Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indian Robot Endhiran
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MikeKozar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yBnl_krN_U

I saw this over-the-top action movie clip starring a superpowered android and got all nostalgic for my brothers-in-arms here. Enjoy!
hermit
That definitly is bizarre. I think I have to get me this movie.
Machiavelli
I would call it rubbish...but taste differs.^^
CanRay
O.o

o.O

O.O

Buh?

EDIT: Takes a lot to make me speechless!
Stahlseele
I have watched this movie.
It's bollywood, but not as bad as most of bolly woods trash . .
If it weren't for the up to 10 minutes long dancing scenes, it'd be not half bad . .
hermit
I find these dance scenes amusing most of the time, actually.

But what blows me away is the killer robot zombie doppelgangers with an Indira Ghandi memorial white stripe, wearing 80s retrofuturist clothes and forming all kinds of bizarre creatures as some kind of life-sized nanite swarm. It's really strange but also quite original. Kind of like watching an old Dr Who episode with actual special effects.

And jumping through a cop car's rear window and out of the windshield again surfing a cop wins the game.
Redjack
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 30 2011, 01:56 AM) *
O.o
What he said...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jun 30 2011, 06:53 AM) *
What he said...

Indeed... Bollywood produces some pretty entertaining movies (Dhoom and Dhoom2 anyone?), but like Canray, this one just leaves me a bit speechless...
hermit
It's a Tamil movie apparently, not Bollywood.
Machiavelli
What does Tamil mean? Rubbish?^^
Yerameyahu
It means 'awesome', and you have no taste. smile.gif It's also a separate location and ethnicity.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with SR, but it's even better now than when the story broke a few months ago… because now there's Thor, new Xmen, and Green Lantern to make it look so much better.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 30 2011, 08:53 AM) *
I'm not sure it has anything to do with SR, but it's even better now than when the story broke a few months ago… because now there's Thor, new Xmen, and Green Lantern to make it look so much better.

I'm not going to see any of those movies. My friend just got a 55" LCD HDTV, and when they come out for rental, I'll get them and bring them to his place.
Yerameyahu
I prolly won't even bother on rental. frown.gif Bleh.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jun 30 2011, 10:57 AM) *
I prolly won't even bother on rental. frown.gif Bleh.

Streaming from Netflix for the Win... smile.gif
Udoshi
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 30 2011, 11:22 AM) *
Streaming from Netflix for the Win... smile.gif

Netflix? hah.

Man, you guys are WAY late jumping on this particular robotic bandwagon. I know i mentioned it a few months ago in the shadowrun movie thread.

That being said, I'm pretty sure youtube still has streams of it up in various spots. Try to find one with subtitles, though, or it really won't make any sense at all.

This movie is ridiculous, and well worth watching, but may take a few sittings to consume. At least one friend had the most messed up dreams after seeing it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jun 30 2011, 03:31 PM) *
Netflix? hah.

Man, you guys are WAY late jumping on this particular robotic bandwagon. I know i mentioned it a few months ago in the shadowrun movie thread.

That being said, I'm pretty sure youtube still has streams of it up in various spots. Try to find one with subtitles, though, or it really won't make any sense at all.

This movie is ridiculous, and well worth watching, but may take a few sittings to consume. At least one friend had the most messed up dreams after seeing it.

Have you seen Dhoom2? Filled with Awesome...
Udoshi
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 30 2011, 03:01 PM) *
Have you seen Dhoom2? Filled with Awesome...

I have not. Though it rings a bell.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the Dhoom Machale, and Dhoom again as clips/songs/music videos on the internets. As I recall, they were rather interesting and groovy.

Though it always reminded me of the theme song to the shadowrun PC game. (omg don't hit me for mentioning it)
While I heard the game is ass, and haven't touched it, the full song and the band that recorded it is actually really cool.

Incidentally, I came across this while looking up the songs again to listen to. Since it seems to be on-topic for indian musicals, well, enjoy. Bollywood Hero? I'd buy it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jun 30 2011, 03:06 PM) *
I have not. Though it rings a bell.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the Dhoom Machale, and Dhoom again as clips/songs/music videos on the internets. As I recall, they were rather interesting and groovy.

Though it always reminded me of the theme song to the shadowrun PC game. (omg don't hit me for mentioning it)
While I heard the game is ass, and haven't touched it, the full song and the band that recorded it is actually really cool.

Incidentally, I came across this while looking up the songs again to listen to. Since it seems to be on-topic for indian musicals, well, enjoy. Bollywood Hero? I'd buy it.

It is a pretty good movie, and the music is really good too...
mfb
His main ability is the power to create his own chorus line. This movie is the essence of Bollywood.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012