Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 30 minutes or less (Do the Tamanous Deliver to the Barrens?)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bushw4cker
How much nuyen is metahuman body worth?

-Typical Non-augmented Ganger?
-Healthy Troll?

Do the Tamanous deliver? Pickup?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Jun 30 2011, 03:54 PM) *
How much nuyen is metahuman body worth?

-Typical Non-augmented Ganger?
-Healthy Troll?

Do the Tamanous deliver? Pickup?

I was getting about 500 nuyen.gif per Body in the Detroit Campaign we were running. About the Same in Hong Kong. smile.gif
Bushw4cker
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jun 30 2011, 11:03 PM) *
I was getting about 500 nuyen.gif per Body in the Detroit Campaign we were running. About the Same in Hong Kong. smile.gif

do they pickup/deliver?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Bushw4cker @ Jun 30 2011, 03:12 PM) *
do they pickup/deliver?

Sometimes... Though normally, I had a rendezvous point where I dropped off the bodies.
Blade
They probably don't pay much since universally compatible artificially grown replacement organs are cheap.
As for the pickup/delivery I guess it can be negociated, depending on the situation, but I don't think it is a standard procedure.
Rubic
QUOTE (Blade @ Jul 1 2011, 03:21 AM) *
They probably don't pay much since universally compatible artificially grown replacement organs are cheap.
As for the pickup/delivery I guess it can be negociated, depending on the situation, but I don't think it is a standard procedure.

"... these are adult stem cells, harvested from perfectly healthy adults whom I killed for their stem cells." - Professor Farnsworth, Futurama

So, those dead bodies are useless, are they? Not, say, a hidden supply of biological and genetic materials that secretly help keep the costs down for vat-grown parts and ghoul food?
Blade
It could be. Maybe the whole vat-grown Type-O thing is backed by Tamanous. Or maybe Tamanous just sell their organs cheaper than the vat-grown are. Or they only sell to customers who, for a reason or another can't or won't have Type-O organs.

The ghoul food part still applies though.
CanRay
"Ghoul Cab, it may cost an arm and a leg, but they don't have to be yours!"

EDIT: I literally have dozens of these, and entertained my group for hours.
Jekolmy
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 1 2011, 01:49 PM) *
"Ghoul Cab, it may cost an arm and a leg, but they don't have to be yours!"

EDIT: I literally have dozens of these, and entertained my group for hours.

Thats a terribly awesome joke. What are some of the others you had?
CanRay
QUOTE (Jekolmy @ Jul 1 2011, 06:15 PM) *
Thats a terribly awesome joke. What are some of the others you had?
Let's see if I can remember some, I lost the list I had made up in a move.

"Ghoul Cab: You are what we eat!"

"Ghoul Cab: Please remind our drivers to use their headlights." (Playing on the fact that Ghouls are nearly blind and see Astrally. In reality, Ghoul Cab drivers all have cyberoptic systems installed to cure their blindness.).

"Ghoul Cab: Ask about our salad bar."

"Ghoul Cab: Now with two-body trunk space."

"Ghoul Cab: Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains!"
Sengir
QUOTE (Blade @ Jul 1 2011, 06:23 PM) *
It could be. Maybe the whole vat-grown Type-O thing is backed by Tamanous. Or maybe Tamanous just sell their organs cheaper than the vat-grown are. Or they only sell to customers who, for a reason or another can't or won't have Type-O organs.

My personal explanation is that organs from a sufficiently similar "donor" are the equivalent of cultured stuff. 9k for an organ but no need to invest into a biotech facility for growing organs, sounds like a nice profit margin.
CanRay
Type-O is pretty cheap: At legitimate clinics.

Shadowclinics, on the other hand... They have to beg, borrow, steal, and cheat whatever equipment and medicines they have, including replacement blood, organs, and limbs. Meanwhile, the Bodyleggers can supply that demand cheap.
Christian Lafay
If it's good enough for Bill the Butcher....
Rubic
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jul 2 2011, 05:08 PM) *

... then it's worth it's weight in ghoul?

... you know you need a new job?

... be happy that he's satisfied?

shall I continue?
CanRay
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jul 2 2011, 05:08 PM) *
And Butcher Pete. nyahnyah.gif

Oh, wait, that's something far different. nyahnyah.gif
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (Rubic @ Jul 2 2011, 11:19 PM) *
... be happy that he's satisfied?

Pretty f-ing much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012