Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some questions...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aria
Couple of quick queries:

1. Can they be more or less any weapon? Including tech ones like a monowhip or cyber spurs? I'm guessing the wifi weapon from War! is out?!?

2. Do you pay the weapon cost on top of the focus cost?

3. Can said weapon have mods? Personalised grip springs to mind...!

Thanks
Udoshi
The FAQ answers all these questions.
StevenAngier
1. Any weapon can be a weapon focus. In fact, everything (except Bioware) can serve as a telesma for a focus. Remember though, that you only get the bonus for melee or astral combat. So making a firearm into a weapon focus is possible, yet you would only get the focus bonus if you use the firearm for melee combat (as a club or a blade, if possible). You don't get magical bullets from it.

2. Depends on your GM. Normally yes but he could allow you to lower the overall costs by replacing the costs for the telesma with the costs for the weapon.

3. Of course they can. Remember though that you need to apply the mods first. Any change on the telesma afterwards that alters it construction breaks the enchantment. Accessories are fine, though.
Aria
Thanks!!!
Aria
I remember the bit about melee weapons only. Presumably a unique enchantment would be required for a fantasy style ranged weapon ( not that I want one but...)
LurkerOutThere
Not a unique enchantment, it flat out can't be done with current magical level. The corps have put a lot of money into trying to prove otherwise but so far the proble has resisted all their efforts.

Stahlseele
The best way to circumvent this we have found yet is to use harpoons, which, through their length of cable, always stay in contact with the wielder . .
Digital Heroin
Thar she blows!
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ Jul 2 2011, 12:31 PM) *
Thar she blows!

Tymeaus Jalynsfein
"He Tasks me; He Tasks me, and I shall have him..."

"Revenge is a Dish best served cold..... It is very cold in space..."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012