Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Young Lions of Boston OOC Thread
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Limping Jacob
Here's the OOC thread. Enjoy.
Limping Jacob
BTW, I don't mind if ya'll use colored fonts for your characters' speech, but make sure it's one that's still easy to read. Some of those yellows and purples are tough on the old Mark I Eyeballs. cyber.gif
phelious fogg
Spaz tried to figure out anything he can before the meet, and tried to id the gang emblems on each of the other obviously gang related runners.

Int (anything he can find before the meet): 10 09 04 04 02 01
Gang Id: 04 03 02

Just for kicks.. Spaz is curious whats been going on recently in Boston
Current events: 17 09 03 03 02

Sorry about the Yellow text.. If you want I can go back and remove it.
Limping Jacob
Spaz - No worries about changing the old text. As far your queries:

Gang ID: No luck on that one. You suspect the ork on rollerblades might be from out-of-town, though.

On the Meet: There wasn't a lot of time to do legwork before the meet. However...

Word on the Streets: Renraku is going to make a move to seize the "assets" of another, smaller corp. No one knows which one yet, but Renraku's been massing their forces and rumor is that the deal has something to do with a new biotech innovation...

Beast of Revolutions
So, is this Johnson going to talk, or do you feel like torturing us OOC as well? IRL, I've already eaten 2 meals of Chinese food since this scene started. sarcastic.gif
Limping Jacob
Dude, I said I'd be posting around 11 or 12 most nights - this just happens to be one of those nights where real life has interfered with the (more exciting, mostly) Shadowrun world. sleepy.gif wink.gif
Beast of Revolutions
Negotiations? He already is giving us 20% more than we were told upon coming here. Besides, we should be making most of our cash off of loot.
A Clockwork Lime
Yes, Negotiations is always a bad thing. Social Skills are so useless and a waste of time. It's always better to jump at an offer before it's even finished coming off the Johnson's lips, especially from a character who keeps acting as if he's a professional runner in his thought processes. smile.gif
A Clockwork Lime
...and just as a side note, we're only getting 6,000 nuyen a head. His reference to 7,000 nuyen was towards each of us having 1,000 nuyen now, giving him ample reason to hunt our asses down if we skip out on him.
Nu_Fenix
Any plans for your advance lads? What you got that planned for the cash?
A Clockwork Lime
Gotta see what's on the chip before I decide, myself. Might need some specialized gear for the run. smile.gif Most of it's going towards my lifestyle, though.
Beast of Revolutions
Christ, people. It's 6000. 5000 upon delivery, PLUS 1000 up front. And the 7000 he is reffering to is the 1000 per person up front, multiplied by seven people. Note to facemen: Don't get negotiation if you can't do math. You'll do a great job of negotiating us a lower pay.
A Clockwork Lime
<just rolls his eyes> You need to fucking relax. It's just a game.

Oh, and for someone who's bitching about players using past tense, you might want to check out your own last post on the IC thread. Hypocrisy. Gotta love it.
holychampion
I need I magic shop for some prep items once we find out how ugly this is going to be.
Limping Jacob
Yup, Lt. Johnson was referring to the advance, not to the total payment each of you will receive upon completion (if you complete the run, that is... grinbig.gif ).
--
holychampion - You've got two possible routes. You could hit one of the legit chain talismonger shops in one of Beanplex's many malls. By and large they're overpriced and not that wonderful in terms of actual useful magical gear.

Or, you could try your contacts. They'd either be able to supply you directly or put you in touch with a friend-of-a-friend would could help you, possibly.
Beast of Revolutions
Did the Johnson leave the white noise generator at the table when he left? If not, I suggest we go somewhere else to read the chip and discuss our plans.
Limping Jacob
Keen eyes.
holychampion
Sweet! just the person I had hoped noticed that too. I say we disarm it and take with us, never know when something like that could come in handy.
When you pick it up (assuming you do or want to) does it have a KE insignia on it?
phelious fogg
I cant believe that Im a decker and I dont own either a pocket sec or a personal computer.. Oh well.. Thats what I get for forgettting to buy them... Maybe Ill buy one after this run.. LOL...
Beast of Revolutions
Okay, so we can speak freely at the restaurant. Anyone bring a pocket secretary?
A Clockwork Lime
Obviously we can speak freely at the restaurant. That's why our employer commented that he didn't want to speak freely there even though he's the one who brought the white noise generator. <thumbs up>

But to answer your question, yes, Brown Tom has a Pocket Secretary.
Beast of Revolutions
I thought the reason he didn't want to talk was because we hadn't all accepted the run yet.
A Clockwork Lime
Nah, he made a couple of comments about it:

“Can never be too careful these days,” the ork said to no one in particular, “especially in a joint like this."
and
"That's all I'm gonna say in a place like this."
Limping Jacob
The device (which is a white noise generator) doesn't have any KE markings or anything like that on its casing.
holychampion
no markings? forgive me if Im wrong, but don't major corps mark their items with their insignia. Now i could be wrong, but when I play or Gm items like that have a marking from the company signifing their ownership of said item. Now I understand the need to buy items from other manufactures, but even still would they not label/mark the items for tracking purposes.
I'm trying to keep in line with my character not being professional (as a 'Runner'), but he is from the streets, and so may have run across gear from agencies like LS or KE.
So to the GM I ask for a perception test.(4,4,3,10).

Understanding that people have different styles of gaming, I also ask for patience and understanding. Thank you in advance. biggrin.gif
A Clockwork Lime
Understanding that people have different styles of gaming, I also ask for patience and understanding. Thank you in advance. biggrin.gif

<puts down his torch and pitchfork and pouts a bit>
Fine. <grumbly face>
Beast of Revolutions
QUOTE (holychampion)

ARR, Go frag yourself! devil.gif
holychampion
wow, tough crowd. I take it I'm completely off base here. Sorry will keep most of my thoughts to myself from now on. Holy. Make sure that I watch my back around here, I normally don't take kindly to people trying to scewer me with a pitch fork or burn me at the stake for asking questions. And I normally don't take kindly to people telling me to "frag myself".
But hey its just a game right? grinbig.gif
A Clockwork Lime
<catches his hand straying towards the pitchfork again, but quickly slaps it with the other one>

I've been having fun despite our various diversities thus far. smile.gif Seems we all had a different idea in mind when we started, so it's going to take a little while for us to all mesh together. But then again, that fits in well with the theme of newbies learning the ropes...
holychampion
oh yeah just for explanation... It's been 14 years since I've had to write anything in spanish. My spellings horrible and embarresing, if my mother saw any of that she would woop my ass from here to Boston literally, being 100% Puerto Rican. Problem is I've been stuck in MN for most of my life and all my families gone from here for the most part, so I don't get to use my skills very often (practically never), so I appolgize in advance. biggrin.gif
Especially since you guys seem to like me appologizing in advance wink.gif
A Clockwork Lime
If it's any help, outside of a simple expression that most anyone would likely recognize (such as "gracias,") it's usually better to simply say the phrase in English then explain that your character is saying it in another language. smile.gif That way, even players playing characters who might easily understand the language but can't speak a word themselves will still be able to respond appropriately.

Just something to keep in mind in the future. smile.gif
holychampion
to Clockwork: Agreed, I've been having fun thus far. And I'm trying to be mindful of the diversities.
Nu Fenix: Did you ever get a drawing of your character a long time ago from the SRart group?
holychampion
to Clockwork:O.K. thank you , I appreciate that.
Beast of Revolutions
I was just kidding. I like to talk like a pirate. But FYI, I don't have a pirate's love life.
holychampion
understood, no offense taken. I would have imagined you would have had a lot more words if you were really slotted off at me.
Thanks though.
Nu_Fenix
QUOTE (holychampion)
Nu Fenix: Did you ever get a drawing of your character a long time ago from the SRart group?

I have no idea what your on about matey sarcastic.gif
holychampion
just asked. I once did a drawing for a guy that had a character much like yours. Sorry to disturb you.
Limping Jacob
Shoulda been clearer about the device's markings. When I said it didn't have any markings, I mean it didn't have anything that indicated who owns it or issued it, not that it didn't have a brand name on it. I figured it was innocuous enough a detail that I didn't need to say it was a Sony or Motorola or what have you. But just for argument's sake, we'll say it's a GreenTac brand device.

I posted a few minutes early tonight. Once ya'll sort out your next move amongst yourselves, I'll post again and/or answer all OOC questions you have.
Beast of Revolutions
Perception check as I walk to the restroom: 2 2 3 3 4 4 5
Another perception check as I walk back to the table: 1 1 1 1 2 2 5 Goddamn, no sixes.

Guys, I recomend we breeze out fast. I'm starting to rethink my conception of this restaurant as a safe place. Oh, and ironicaly, I ate Chinese again tonight.
Limping Jacob
One more bookkeeping thing. From now on, if you post an action in the OOC thread, I'll post the result in the OOC or IC thread (as appropriate).

If you want to do something without anyone else knowing, I suggest PMing me. Otherwise the other players (and their characters as well, in most cases) will know about it.
Limping Jacob
Clockwork Lime - I woulda PMed you if something wacky was happening. Or so you'd hope. wink.gif The mage in the burqa left with Lt. Johnson.

As for the current astral perception test, you're just noticing the same low-level bits of magical energy here and there around the place as you noticed the first time.
Nightcrawler472
Limping Jacob - I'm really sorry about not getting my background/finished character to you, it'll be finished as soon as I come up with one last name for a contact.

Stupid medication...makes it hard to concentrate sometimes.

Back on topic...

As for my advance...hmm...I'm tempted to buy a holdout pistol of some kind, but the one i want (Cavalier Scout), is Avail. 10 frown.gif

Well, I'll see what my arms dealing 'associate' can come up with I guess.

Also, I apologise in advance for any mental ineptness, but this is my first real game and I'm not to familiar with the rules.

Still, it's fun already smile.gif
Limping Jacob
No worries, Nightcrawler.

Sorry to all of you about the lateness of my posting tonight. Bloody network went down. mad.gif

So, you're all heading to the hotel except...TK? Hit me with a PM if necessary.

Also, the total bill for the food was 70 nuyen.gif (or $350 UCAS, if you prefer to pay that way). Whoever paid it, deduct from your money.

Also, if you're calling contacts, PM me and we'll handle the roleplaying bit of it unless you want to involve your fellow runners.
Nu_Fenix
TK is going to the hotel via his skates, not via transport since everyone said its only a couple of blocks away.
And since traffic can be bad at times, I figure I may be faster wink.gif
I said I'm going to a haunt first because:
1. It gives me an excuse if I don't get to post until well after everyone else.
2. It makes it sound like TK has a life nyahnyah.gif
Beast of Revolutions
I'll drive my Bulldog and park it as close as I can to an exit from the hotel.
holychampion
I said I'd flip the bill. Deducted monies accordingly.
HMHVV Hunter
BTW, to Ratchaser's player: I'm not an elf, I'm a human.
holychampion
Sorry, dude. won't make that mistake again. wink.gif
Beast of Revolutions
400 bucks would be 80 nuyen, not 160. How many of us are there? I need to know how much my share of it is.
A Clockwork Lime
Yes, and a tip of $400 would make it 160. Learn to read and learn to count. nyahnyah.gif (Sorry, just bitching at you as you did us.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012