Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Denver resources
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
oinopion
I'm planning do send my team off to Denver for few runs. Where can I find some resources on that city?
Kliko
Look here
hermit
More officially:

- Denver Boxed Set
- Year of the Comet
- Shadows of North America
- Shadowrun Missions Season 2
- Dragons of the Sixth World
- Spy Games

Those are the main official sources on Denver. SRM Season 2 is free for download; the others are books you ought to pay for. Denver Boxed set is hard to come by legally these days, but it is about the best of the bunch, even if a bit dated, timeline and metaplot-wise.

Also, always keep in mind that Denver is up in the mountains. If your PCs are from elsewhere (say, Seattle), I'd make them feel this, because believe me, you do. Double all Fatigue gained, and have them roll Fatigue daily for the first few months. Thin air is a bitch.
oinopion
Cool, I'll stick with official materials; maybe buy Spy Games.
BTW, here's where links from Missions took me:
http://secure.commandohq.com/download/File...Q-06-lowres.pdf (page 12)
hermit
Spy Games is pretty much worth it, just take good care with the rules which apparently were written by people who never read Arsenal.

As for Missions: bizarre. Try this link. Works for me.
oinopion
Oh, by "take me", I meant: digging though missions resources, I got to this zine that has Denver overview.
MJBurrage
The article in Commando Quarterly (Issue 2, Jan 2006, pp.12–19) was the official introduction to SR Missions: Season 2, (25 free adventures)and an official update on Denver.

Denver sources by in-game date:
  • 2052 – Native American Nations I, pp. 116–117
  • 2055 – Denver: The City of Shadows
  • 2058 – Underworld Sourcebook, p. 36
  • 2059 – Target: Smuggler Havens, pp. 84–89
  • 2061 – Target: Matrix, pp. 31–34
  • 2061 – Year of the Comet, pp. 59–75, 148
  • 2062 – Shadows of North America, pp. 72–84, 195
  • 2063 – Dragons of the Sixth World, pp.59–69, 190–191
  • 2071 – Commando Quarterly (Jan 2006), pp. 12–19
  • 2071 – Missions: Season 2
  • 2072 – Sixth World Almanac, pp. 178–179
  • 2073 – Spy Games, pp. 6–88, 167–170
Snow_Fox
The problem is that there's just not enough official stuff on that one city.

(JK)
hermit
Personally, I'd want more on Hong Kong, and London, but preferrably not from many of the current authors. Too much can go wrong there.
Snow_Fox
Do you have the old London source book? It's nearly 20 years old but still quite good. assume the Brits aren't going to change too much.
CanRay
Considering that they're still using the Pound as currency, because "Metric money is too complex for people to figure out", well...
Mayhem_2006
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 10 2011, 09:16 PM) *
Considering that they're still using the Pound as currency, because "Metric money is too complex for people to figure out", well...

I assume that's some form of satire?
Snow_Fox
Or canray thinks they still use shillings/crowns/farthings etc.
ggodo
When the money went metric people complained about how metric money was too hard to use.
hermit
Do you have the old London source book? It's nearly 20 years old but still quite good. assume the Brits aren't going to change too much.

Yeah, I do. It's about my favourite sourcebook. And still the original binding.

They do, actually. And use paper money, at least according to London SB (and Streets of Blood, my all-time favourite SR novel). I'm just worried certain new writers (the 'mercenaries' who are either in for the bucks, or were shanghaied from BattleTech and don't give a fuck about the SR setting) will do away with this, and streamline this into yet another damn Seattle clone (or turn it into something even less useful, like the LA setting or, gods forbid, Bogotá).
CanRay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 10 2011, 03:16 PM) *

QUOTE (Mayhem_2006 @ Jul 10 2011, 03:37 PM) *
I assume that's some form of satire?

QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Jul 10 2011, 04:07 PM) *
Or canray thinks they still use shillings/crowns/farthings etc.
It's from "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. So I was attempting to misquote satire.
Wordman
Google's 3D Warehouse has tons of 3D models of Denver buildings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012