Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternate use for spirit powers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stormdrake
I was looking at creating a differnt kind of adept. The adept would focus on summoning (no spell casting) but would have access to a new metamagic that would allow him to "borrow" spirit powers and abilities as a service for a limited time. All of the spirits normal powers would be available for "borrowing" as would the spirits physical stats. The Adept useing a complex action could take on one of a spirits powers or physical attributes (ie. Strength, Body, Reaction or IP) for a number of passes equal to the spirits force. After which the adept would need to resist a drain equal to the force of the spirit. The adept would only be able to take one power or attribute from a spirit at a time as it would be equal to a service. This means the adept could only borrow as many powers and abilities as he had spirits and that he would be faceing multiple drain tests. Its a different approuch to a physical adept but one that could be fun.
DamienKnight
I think they have this and its called a Mystic Adept with a possession tradition that learns the Channeling metamagic.
Modular Man
There's also the Endowment spirit power, available via Invoking metamagic for some spirits of certain traditions. A clever mage can do quite some nice tricks with that. To go further, you could use it in a spirit pact (the power pact) to be given to your character by a free spirit. As Endowment is a spirit power itself, it can technically be transferred, too, so you could outfit your own spirits with it. This just won't allow you to tap into their physical attributes.
Makki
there also the toxic adepts with the cannibalize power. they can borrow powers from awakened critters.
Machiavelli
I donīt think that "borrow" is the right term for this procedure.^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012