Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BRING BACK DUNKELZAHN!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
moosegod
That's all I have to say on the matter.
FlakJacket
Hhmm, what a wide choice of answers. Think I'll vote a resounding "No!" on this one.
Adam
Bring back Dunkelzahn, then. Write a 10,000 word adventure for me/the Shadowrun Supplemental that involves the return of Dunkelzahn - and meshes with the current FanPro plotline, including any material in Dragons of the Sixth World, and a bright shiny copy of Shadows of Europe will be yours if I like the adventure enough to put it in TSS-20.

Easy, isn't it? smile.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Adam)
Bring back Dunkelzahn, then. Write a 10,000 word adventure for me/the Shadowrun Supplemental that involves the return of Dunkelzahn - and meshes with the current FanPro plotline, including any material in Dragons of the Sixth World, and a bright shiny copy of Shadows of Europe will be yours if I like the adventure enough to put it in TSS-20.

I'll take the challenge.

I'm gonna take a smidge of time though, to comprehensively read any material I've missed though.
Herald of Verjigorm
Hmmm.... if the runners were hired by Ghostwalker to gather what he needs to make another dragon scale soul-hold. Then to get a number of wildly insane otaku and deckers. Then they have to do a number of things while the dragon and psychos build a matrix access soul-hold.

Finally, Dunkie, Lord of the Matrix!
Ancient History
Ooh, bright shiny copy of SoE... love.gif
Squire
No, no, no!

Dunk was a great character, his death a great plothook.

But he's dead now. Let him rest in peace.

Bringing him back would be the worst kind of lame.
CirclMastr
QUOTE (Adam)

Wait, I have a submission (allegedly) going into TSS-20, can I have a copy of SoE? Please? frown.gif
Kagetenshi
Those of you urging the return of Dunkelzahn...

You really hate the Shadowrun world so much that you want it to be overrun with Horrors in short order? I mean, I'm not used to hearing people advocate the end of the game world quite so vehemently.

~J
Lilt
I'm sure that dunkie is staying in touch.
[ Spoiler ]
Hot Wheels
The story will have to explain how they reformed his body, not get mistaken for a shedim and seperated form the CZ he's currently nmelded with and wandering around on the metaplanes.

And, for the record, my vote's "NO."
Neon Tiger
Sorry, but no.
Zazen
Have him put out a couple of albums, like Tupac still seems to do every year or so.

I think Big D's music would have a different feel, though.
moosegod
Yes, it would be lame. But I do have to say I like him contacting the DF and Ghostwalker.

Although I could imagine them having more than a little spat over the whole drake issue.
Grey
could Dunkie summon Watchers to him where he is and use them to communicate with others? is it possible to find him in the metaplanes?
Flames
wierd how people are saying 'no' but nobody is voting....sounds like elections in general.... ohplease.gif
moosegod
Well, it may be because the choices are yes and yes.

Call it a Florida election.
L.D
I think it's possible to find him, yes. But it won't be easy.

And I vote: No! Fragging no!
Large Mike

If we brought back Dunk, not only would it spell the end of what grit we have left, it would also set a precedent, and pretty soon we'd be playing in the Marvel Universe, where the only one that stays dead is Bucky.

I liked Dunk. Awesome guy. If he comes back, I will be forced to make my players shoot him in the head until he ceases to move. And I'll make it so simple that even my players couldn't screw it up..
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Those of you urging the return of Dunkelzahn...

You really hate the Shadowrun world so much that you want it to be overrun with Horrors in short order? I mean, I'm not used to hearing people advocate the end of the game world quite so vehemently.

~J

Alright, you convinced me. Ever the voice of reason, Kage. biggrin.gif

Shadow
QUOTE (Adam)

Adam,

are you serious?
Adam
Absolutely.

If multiple people want to rise to the challenge, no problem.
Abrojus
Dunkie returning isnt something that is/isn't lame.

The way he comes back is what makes it lame. I think that if the way in which he comes back is really cool i could accept the idea of him coming back.

Now if he just appears on a TV show saying " I am back, it was all a joke"...
Anymage
Keep Dunkie involved in his postmortem affairs? Easy to do; in addition to his current role keeping the Horrors away, he moonlights as the avatar for the heads of the Draco Foundation/DIMR.

Resurrect his role as "Joe Dataterm's dragon"? That's simple enough too. Have some not-great dragon see the benefits of living openly and happily with metahumanity. Cheesy as all get out, and watered down as any sequel, but doable. Just keep in mind that this dunkie-wannabe will draw plenty of in-game flak for being a poser and a copycat, but so long as the fact that this is a conscious choice to be a copy is kept clear, Dunkhelzahn-II should fit into the landscape without too much effort.

Making either of these have jack squat to do with your average shadowrunner? Barring the bad-design school of "nothing happens when you're not around" and having the PC's for some godawful reason have to muck with the upper elchions of power/the entertainment industry, I can't think of a single reason why anyone not involved would even know about the former, and the latter simply gets relegated to background chatter. 10,000 words on the subject is more than a little much to ask.

(Although... If you had several non-great dragons all trying to become The Next Dunkhelzahn (greats already have their niches), a little shadow mudslinging might come around. Just keep in mind that these are scaly, awakended prima-donnas, not power players in any real sense.)
simonw2000
QUOTE (moosegod)
Well, it may be because the choices are yes and yes.

Call it a Florida election.

How very true!
Thistledown
QUOTE (Anymage)
Easy to do; in addition to his current role keeping the Horrors away,

Really? I hadn't caught that. What book does that come from? I know about the whole crossover thing, but not that he was still doing something about it.
blakkie
Look, his fans killed him. Now you have to live with that. Move on....or go back and live in 2050. *shrug*
Kagetenshi
Harlequin's Back sets the stage that is then expanded on in the Dragonheart trilogy.

~J
moosegod
Or make Masaru an even larger role.

dot dot dot
northern lights
those of us who have some 4th world background know that there are ways known to dragons and immortals to contact the spiritds of the deceased. but i have never heard of their use among dragons, so i think that among the dragon community it is either something that they can do fairly easily or that they would consider a grievous breach of their traditions. and the one most likely to breach those traditions was big d himself.

should his body come back?

hell no.

should his spirit be gone?

hell no, too.
Moonstone Spider
Dunkelzahn returns. . . as a Cyberzombie! With over 5000 Essence worth of dragon-modified deltaware Dunkelzahn becomes so powerful he easily stops the entire Horror invasion singlehandedly before becoming permanently lost in the details. What's worse, the remaining Great Dragons and Immortal Elves discover a message like the bible code in his will revealing that they have all been manipulated for thousands of years by the Immortal Orcs who have really been running the show. There's thousands of them! The Orc Underground is really a utopian civilization that tricked Dunkelzahn into killing himself just for their own amusement!

Actually I like the Copy Cat idea. Dunkelzahn's death has left a hole in Shadowrun, there used to be at least powerful being that was at least sort of good, now there's nothing friendly left in the upper power-structures. But bringing Dunkelzahn back himself? It's too cheesy, Shadowrun is a world where death is a serious and permanent event, not something that will be fixed with a push of the Voyager Reset Button in our next episode.
Connor
Adding to Moonstone Spider, I do like the way things are progressing along that metaplotline. With Masaru and Hestaby taking more 'good' action to seemingly fill that void. I just wish Ghostwalker was a bit more defined, but then I haven't gone through all of Survival of the Fittest yet, so his appearances my shed some light on things I'm not aware of yet.
Slapstick
I'd have to vote "no" as well for all of the above reasons. That I really didn't like the way that Dunk's post-life got handled at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012