Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adept Power: Freefall
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Arz
Although this power seems specific to falling damage, is it reasonable to extend it's benefits to road rash? Otherwise known as falling off your Harley at a high velocity.

Alternately should this be a seperate power which eliminates damage per each 10kph of velocity?

Zazen
I try and make toy adept powers useful as much as possible, so I say yes on that general principle.
FlakJacket
I wouldn't think so. Road rash is more to do with the velocity you're doing and massive amounts of friction where your body hits the ground AFAIK.
TheScamp
And thus impact armor is the friend of the motorcyclist. Yay, Mystic Armor!
blakkie
Road rash is about friction, but frankly the rash part is easily mitagated by a couple points of Impact Armour (a good quality leather jacket with some plastic inserts). Or better yet a Athletics Test to be able to get from underneath your bike, and then ride on top till you can jetison it before it hits rough ground and possibily goes on a tumble with you.

It is the abrupt stop at the end, such as sliding into a wall, post, 5' high stack of railway ties (the later i personally narrowly avoided), etc. So i don't see why being able to negate the vertical speed could be much tougher than mostly horizontal speed. In fact with horizontal you have something near you that you can use to slow you down.
Senchae
Besides, what is anyone other than Frosty doing riding on Harley? grinbig.gif
Nikoli
Immovable would be funny in that situation.
kevyn668
QUOTE (Senchae)
Besides, what is anyone other than Frosty doing riding on Harley? grinbig.gif

That one took me a minute...
Arz
QUOTE (blakkie)
Road rash is about friction, but frankly the rash part is easily mitagated by a couple points of Impact Armour (a good quality leather jacket with some plastic inserts). Or better yet a Athletics Test to be able to get from underneath your bike, and then ride on top till you can jetison it before it hits rough ground and possibily goes on a tumble with you.

It is the abrupt stop at the end, such as sliding into a wall, post, 5' high stack of railway ties (the later i personally narrowly avoided), etc. So i don't see why being able to negate the vertical speed could be much tougher than mostly horizontal speed. In fact with horizontal you have something near you that you can use to slow you down.

Good points eek.gif

I think in cases like this freefall is better than mystic armor even though all either of them do is reduce the target number on damage tests. Unless it's a short fall, then freefall is superior.

Mostly I'd rather have freefall (or something similar) for thematic purposes. These points are going to an athlete (skater) adept who has been hitching rides on bumpers in the sprawl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012