Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Adventures
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Volt875
Hi all, I'm relatively new to Shadowrun so I was wondering, D&D has a few really famous adventure modules. Tomb of Horrors, Temple of Elemental Evil, Keep on the Borderlands (ok not sure how famous the last one is but...)

My question is does Shadowrun have any such pre-made adventures like that. Ones that almost everyone knows or has heard of.
CanRay
Not sure if they're infamous outside Shadowrun, but "Harlequin" and "Harlequin's Back" are two that definitely come to mind immediately.
Angelone
Mercurial, Dreamchipper, Ivy & Chrome, Food Fight, Queen Euphoria. All I can think of for now.
Glyph
The Renraku: Shutdown module, from what I've heard, is the Shadowrun equivalent to Tomb of Horrors (killer dungeon). The Universal Brotherhood Module introduced bug spirits to the game.
Angelone
Oh wow how could I have forgotten RAS? Bug City is more a setting book but it's an adventure in there.
Neurosis
Harlequin is amazing.

RAS and Bug City are rather well known as well.

Brainscan is a pretty awesome adventure (IMHO) from what I've read. I wish I'd ever been able to GM or PC it.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Angelone @ Jul 25 2011, 06:37 AM) *
Bug City is more a setting book but it's an adventure in there.

Glyph is referring to the adventure The Universal Brotherhood, not the Bug City sourcebook.
ggodo
QUOTE (Neurosis @ Jul 24 2011, 09:38 PM) *
Harlequin is amazing.

RAS and Bug City are rather well known as well.

Brainscan is a pretty awesome adventure (IMHO) from what I've read. I wish I'd ever been able to GM or PC it.

That's it, I'm buying it from my local shop. I'm so tempted every time I'm there.
Angelone
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Jul 24 2011, 11:32 PM) *
Glyph is referring to the adventure The Universal Brotherhood, not the Bug City sourcebook.

I'm aware, I was just adding Bug City as well.

Super Tuesday is interesting, I'm not sure if they're well known or not but the Shadowrun Missions .
Neurosis
QUOTE (ggodo @ Jul 25 2011, 02:49 AM) *
That's it, I'm buying it from my local shop. I'm so tempted every time I'm there.

Yay, I caused someone to buy something. (Which one are you referring to?)

Anyway, I hope you are satisfied.

*hides*

(Edit: OMFG 666 posts. Won't last long though, this is dumpshock afterall so I'll probably be posting again in ~0.3 seconds. I'll always have my 'exactly on the thousand' member number, at least.)
Bigity
Didn't care for the Harley modules, but I really can't stand that whole plot thread either. Immortal elves are ok..Dunk sacrificing himself to possess a cyberzombie so he can keep the Invae at bay out on the edge of astral space or something...not so much.

Queen Euphoria is a good one and Dreamchipper I thought was a pretty good module as well.

R:AS is more a campaign but is well done, a little high level for my table though (meaning the PCs are accomplishing major world plot stuff not like power level).
CanRay
Have I complained recently about wanting to play since '92, and missed out on all of these, and you're all rat bastards?

Just wondering...
Bigity
I haven't read that kind of post from you for at least 2 weeks, but I've been commuting 120 miles for a new job (staying there Monday - Friday) so my forum time has been pretty limited lately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012