Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horrors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Dead Man
Well, ive got SR3, MitS, CC, M&M, Critters and I'm waiting for delivery of Matrix. Ive read these to death, and nowhere can I find a reference to the Horrors that people on these forums are going on about. What are they? What do they want? Are they linked to Bug spirits in anyway shape or form?
Connor
Horrors are something that hasn't really been explored metaplot-wise since 2nd Edition. For background info you should check out Ancient History's site: http://www.geocities.com/ancient0history/a...nt0history.html

It also has a lot to do with the Earthdawn crossover stuff. So you might look into some Earthdawn material for more background on Horrors.

[EDIT]
Hmm, I guess AH hasn't gotten that Horror's page up yet... Ah well, it's a good resource for you anyways. If you can find a copy of Harlequin's Back the old 2nd Edition adventure, it's story line deals with Horrors quite a bit. This late in the evening, it's all I can call up out of my memory, I'm sure others will add to it.
L.D
Do a search for Horrors here and you should find several topics describing what they are.
toturi
Ahem!*Clears throat*

GO HUMANS!
Large Mike

Cliff notes version: They're the big evil magical nasties that will arrive when the mana level gets high enough and proceed to eat and torture every sintient being they can find. They make a world full of invae (bug spirits) look like a day at the park with the girl you want to marry and have kids with.

Longer version: Go bother AH about it.
Ancient History
Horros page? I was doing a Horrors page? Damnit.

Dead Man: go check my Earthdawn/Shadowrun connections page.
The Dead Man
Cheers for the info! Not sure that I'm 100% clear on whats going on, but you've filled in some of the gaps. Basically the Horrors are like The Old ones from Lovecraft, and they've got a major munchie session planned for humans in the year 4,000?
BIG BAD BEESTE
ATM wraiths are probably the closest canon critter you'll get to early manifestations of the Horrors.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (The Dead Man)
and they've got a major munchie session planned for humans in the year 4,000?

RangerJoe
ATM wraiths? I've seen some shady characters hanging around ATMs, but I wouldn't call them wraiths, per se.
broho_pcp
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
QUOTE (The Dead Man @ Mar 30 2004, 10:33 AM)

February 4th, 7:45 AM, 2207
Connor
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Horros page? I was doing a Horrors page? Damnit.

Dead Man: go check my Earthdawn/Shadowrun connections page.

well, I thought you said something about it awhile back... Perhaps it was some other subject you asked if there was enough demand for. Anyways, it's a good idea regardless. love.gif
BitBasher
QUOTE (broho_pcp)
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Mar 30 2004, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (The Dead Man @ Mar 30 2004, 10:33 AM)

February 4th, 7:45 AM, 2207

Er, Harlequin put it much later than that.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (BitBasher)
Er, Harlequin put it much later than that.

Harly and Dunkie delayed the full arrival. There's always those who show up early for a party.
BitBasher
Well, yeah... I mean we have wraiths now biggrin.gif
Lordmalachdrim
There was also a bit on them in Threats (not Threats 2, but the one for 2nd Ed.) in the section on Drake (nasty guy who could bring some of the weaker ones to Earth. Don't remember the whole story though (lost most of my 2nd books along with the core not long after 3rd Ed came out).
Method
QUOTE (Lordmalachdrim)
...the section on Drake....

i think his name was darke....
Herald of Verjigorm
Darke, Oscuro, and a few other names. He was just a pawn, easily replaceable.
Large Mike

Your plan will never come to fruition, you abomination. I will oppose you at every turn. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

(/raging ICness)
mfb
the introduction of horrors into an SR game usually turns that game into a save-the-world, high-fantasy style campaign ("whoah, i can play Aragorn with a cyberarm!") i, personally, think that's a horrible thing to do to an SR game; other opinions differ.
Nikoli
I always looked at the Shedim as the beginings of the Horrors. but that's me.
Lordmalachdrim
QUOTE (Method)
QUOTE (Lordmalachdrim @ Mar 30 2004, 04:49 PM)
...the section on Drake....

i think his name was darke....

Thanks for the correction, I don't have that book anymore. and wasn't sure exactly how it was spelled.

Also he might have been a pawn but it did give some info on the horrors if I recall and stats on a weak type of horror (similar to the bloat form from earthdawn if I recall correctly).
Ancient History
Ye do not. The hoppers and like were servitor creatures, constructs or some of the weakest horrors at best. Such as them may be summoned through with some ease by the knowledgable, 'tis said.
broho_pcp
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Ye do not. The hoppers and like were servitor creatures, constructs or some of the weakest horrors at best. Such as them may be summoned through with some ease by the knowledgable, 'tis said.

And if you aren't knowledgable, then more fun for the GM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012